• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remmy AAC -SD or Tikka T3 Scout Tac???

deeno360

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
PA
Well there is the question I'm mulling over fellas....what do you guys think? AAC is the hot item right now, but for a bit more the Tikka looks to be in the mix with some nice features....for guys that own the rifles, how do they compare accuracy, feel, controls, and feature wise???
Thanks for the help, info, and opinions.

Re: Remmy AAC -SD or Tikka T3 Scout Tac???

Another vote for the Tikka T3. I wish Beretta would import Tikka's full line instead of the few they import now.

Tikka all the way.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

Tikka For Sure!!! There's a SWEET LOOKING Tikka T3 Stainless Varmint in the For Sell Section for like $850. It's definitely a Rare find. Take a look!

Even though I own a AAC-SD, I would say the Tikka would be a better rifle.

Tough question, I like them both. Two rifle that perform well and resonably priced. I have been happy with my aac sd, but I I have shot my friends tikka 300wsm and it is accurate.

Flip a coin, sorry for not helping here. I am a gun slut and want one of everything.

Zach

Tikka all the way.

The T3 Scouts will be disappearing as they're no longer imported. You'll always be able to get a R700, and probably one that has AAC engraved on it until Freedom Group starts spinning off companies instead of buying them up (just a guess I don't have any inside info). Do not get the T3 tactical model, only a Scout, it should be under 1k.

I prefer the T3 action generally, there's a write-up on both on our website which has more detailed info, under the "2 Shop".
Good luck,
Justin

tikka is the clear winner.
Imho the tikka is better in almost every way. Action, trigger, bottom metal, accuracy guarantee, etc.

Have both, the Rem AAC needed a stock change to be really good in my opinion. Also changed out the bottom metal (nylon originally) and after that change I would say there is not any accuracy difference between the two.
I do not like the plastic mag on the Tikka either. But it has an extremely smooth bolt action which I love. It is also balanced better.
But it is more money too.

Go with a older 700 if you want a remy, their new stuff is a joke.

The Tikka or a Savage would be money well spent.

Don't listen to the dopes saying the new Remingtons are a "joke".

My buddy bought an SPS Tac and its an honest half-MOA shooter with handloads and not much worse with Federal.

My AAC-SD does about the same with factory, maybe slightly better with handloads.

Meanwhile, my buddy's brother had a Savage that wouldn't break 3 MOA. I've also seen some Savage rifles clean everybody's clock.

I've seen good and bad examples of all of them.

You'll have to decide what you want to do with your rifle. If you want want to build it up, you may go with Remington as it has more smiths and aftermarket support. Its the "standard" action. Meanwhile, that Tikka is very smooth and refined, more so than the Remington, but you'll have fewer options for it, but your choices are increasing.

Where can you even get a Tikka T3 Scout? I looked all over the place and they seem to be discontinued.

Cabelas carries the scout. Look in your state or bordering states. They were recently on sale for $749 or something(only 223 and 308). Other than that try EuroOptic or call BerretaUsa.

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE SAME THING AND WAS WONDERING WHY NOT THE TIKKA TACTICAL MODEL? JUST FOR MY KNOWLEDGE.

tikka is clear winner

trigger is better, comes with a functional dbm that feeds flawlessly.

the tikka you can mount a scope/bipod and be match ready with an extra mag or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bburke1989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE SAME THING AND WAS WONDERING WHY NOT THE TIKKA TACTICAL MODEL? JUST FOR MY KNOWLEDGE. </div></div>

It costs about twice as much for some reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka all the way. </div></div>

+100

not to steal the thread but is the oe stock on the tikka junk? should i grab a new stock or shoot the original for awhile? will be mainly used as a hunting rifle/brush gun.

The lite and scout/varmint stocks are made of a fiberglass re-enforced polymer. For thicket and carry there is no reason to change it, unless you just have to have an aluminum bedded stock. I kept mine OEM, it shoots fine that way so I'm not gonna mess with it or make it heavier.

Thanks for the info and opinions guys, much appreciated!
I took your advice and looked at the rifles first hand....thats right, I FOUND a Tikka SCOUT!!!!!!
Now, what scopes do you recommend? Good glass to about 800 yrds, $300 - 500 price range

Well, my buddy and I took our new Tikka scout .308 rifles out today to print some paper at 100 yards....we had an OUTSTANDING outting. I never had a rifle shoot this well from factory. Your help is very much appreciated. The hardware setup is Tikka scout .308, seekins rings, Vortex Viper PST 2.5 -10 MRAD glass.I was a little thrown off while sighting in since we were putting bullets through the same holes!
TikkaScouttwins_zps6b1d79ee.jpg

Twintikkas_zps2dd538b3.jpg

tikkatarget_zpsb6621efa.jpg