• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replace AICS Spigot with Rail

The pre-order for the Picatinny and RRS/Arca-Swiss AT mounts are now live! Once these get going, the AE/AW version will follow soon after. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll make sure to help however I can. I will also create a detailed post going over the details and features of each version next week.

Here's a link directly to the bipod mounts --> Anarchy Outdoors AI Spigot Mounts

I'm extremely proud of the work that's gone in to these mounts and how awesome they turned out. Again, big shout out to Anarchy Outdoors for working with me on this project. They will be shipping any day now, and are available HERE.

Here are some of the details on the RRS/Arca-Swiss bipod mount, which I think match shooters are going to really appreciate.

- 3.6" length forward of the chassis forend
- 3.1" useable RRS standard dovetail
- Bipod mounts approximately 0.75" closer to the bore versus the picatinny spigot mount
- M-Lok standard mounting slots allow a 3-slot or 5-slot picatinny rail to be mounted underneath
- Rock solid mounting platform with little-to-no flex. Extensive design revisions and FEA yielded stiffness greater than MPA and KRG spigot mounts.

01_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG

My favorite - and completely unique - feature is the bipod sliding stop screws. These small screws prevent your RRS-clamp bipod from sliding forward under use, nothing crazy there. However, integrated into the bottom of the mount are counterbore holes for storing the screws if/when you decide you don't want to use them. So you can store them in the mount until you need them, and never have to search around for the tiny screws! Then when you want to use them, simply unscrew them from the counterbore holes and install them into the bottom face of the mount. Watch out for this feature on my upcoming AT RRS forend rail and my Obsession chassis.

04_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG

05_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG

06_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG

Attachments

• 02_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    02_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 03_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    03_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 164
  • 07_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    07_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 08_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    08_RRS-Arca_Spigot.JPG
    373 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: tex68w
- M-Lok standard mounting slots allow a 3-slot or 5-slot picatinny rail to be mounted underneath

Sam, from your point of view, is there any reason I should go with a Picatinny mount over the RRS? I presently have an Atlas CAL w/ ADM QD clamp, but eventually want to get an RRS setup going. In my mind, going RRS and using an MLOK rail segment would be the best of both worlds, unless you think there’s a compelling reason to get a Picatinny for now and upgrade to an RRS model later. Thanks for your input!

Sam, from your point of view, is there any reason I should go with a Picatinny mount over the RRS? I presently have an Atlas CAL w/ ADM QD clamp, but eventually want to get an RRS setup going. In my mind, going RRS and using an MLOK rail segment would be the best of both worlds, unless you think there’s a compelling reason to get a Picatinny for now and upgrade to an RRS model later. Thanks for your input!

The main benefit of the Picatinny version in this specific case (with the CAL bipod) is that it's slightly lower - i.e. closer to the bottom of the forend - meaning you'll have a little more clearance and adjustability with the Pod-Loc on the CAL. With the RRS version you may be a bit more limited with having to run the bipod all the way forward and a little bit less purchase on the Pod-Loc.

I don't have a Gen2 CAL in hand unfortunately, but here's a picture with a Harris on the M-Lok pic rail to give you an idea of clearance. Can you take a picture or get a measurement of the front-to-back distance of the CAL, from the Pod-Loc to the front of the mount? That will give me a better idea of how much room you'll have.

050ADBC2-04F2-40DC-868C-36890B725845.jpeg

Will these work with the legacy chassis offer will it require modification?

The upcoming AE/AW version will work without modification in the legacy rifles and chassis, provided the forend has the two countersunk holes in front (only the AE MKI and really old AWs don’t have these IIRC). If that’s the case then a simple operation to machine those holes in will do the trick.

Reactions: Dustyplyr
Who made the arca rail on the bottom of your rifle. Not the Spigot mount

It’s a 3D printed prototype I’ve been working on. It’s a 2-piece design that allows it to run all the way to the magwell, and has the ability to attach an internal weight to it as well. I will post more info about it soon!

I’ve been looking for rail system for my Aw haven’t settled on anything yet It will be interesting to see When you get it done

It’s a 3D printed prototype I’ve been working on. It’s a 2-piece design that allows it to run all the way to the magwell, and has the ability to attach an internal weight to it as well. I will post more info about it soon!
I don't suppose there is a blue print or measurement for those countersunk holes. Mine is an old mki without them.

@killer-e @Dustyplyr
The RRS/Arca forend rail I have prototyped is currently for the AT forend only. Unfortunately the AE and AW forends use the Anschutz rail slot and aren't really compatible with the same mounting interface. But it's something I could look into. I'm pretty sure the HRD and Sawtooth rails have options for installing on the legacy rifles.

@sambi think i tagged the wrong comment. I was wondering about the holes for the mki/aws that don't have the countersunk holes for the pic rail version. Is there a blueprint or measurements so a guy can drill them out.

@sambi think i tagged the wrong comment. I was wondering about the holes for the mki/aws that don't have the countersunk holes for the pic rail version. Is there a blueprint or measurements so a guy can drill them out.

If you're talking about this hole, yes I have a print I can share if you're looking to machine them into an old AE or AW.

When are the AE arca rail spigot mounts going to be available.

I honestly don't know. Last I heard we were making a batch now that the AT versions are complete. I'll follow up with Anarchy and let you know!

I’ve had a crazy idea of having an arca rail made that incorporates the spigot mount so the whole thing could be like 14 inches and be somewhat supported for the part that was sticking out past the forend. What do you think ? is it something that could be made.

I’ve had a crazy idea of having an arca rail made that incorporates the spigot mount so the whole thing could be like 14 inches and be somewhat supported for the part that was sticking out past the forend. What do you think ? is it something that could be made.
Just add a HRD rail.. easy and done

It's an idea that's already been kicked around for awhile. It's definitely possible, basically a new spigot mount would have to be made that the long forend rail tied into for the additional stiffness.

I'm not a huge fan, the biggest reason being on the AT the height from the bottom of the forend to the bore axis is so tall, I think it's better for the spigot to bring the bipod closer to the bore axis than it is to simply move farther forward. But in having discussions with some other people, I can tell it is something that people want. Some would rather have the quick adjustability versus the increased stability.

As @Diver160651 mentioned the HRD rail is an option, but the rail protrusion forward of the forend is hanging out there to flex.

I just received AT arca in the mail.

Can anyone point me to installation instructions?

Thanks.

ETA: Nevermind, figured it out

1) Take skins off
2) Take a punch and remove the sling swivels using the through holes
2.5) Take off NV mount if you have it
3) Take a roll pin punch and punch out the cross pins (IDK what the correct direction is)
4) Remove the block and insert the adapter
5) Reverse the process from the removal of the original block

Last edited:
I see that AnarchyOutdoor lists the AE/AICS version as not available. Anybody who has both the old and new chassis knows whether the AT model can be retrofitted to AICS?

I see that AnarchyOutdoor lists the AE/AICS version as not available. Anybody who has both the old and new chassis knows whether the AT model can be retrofitted to AICS?

The AE/AW/AICS versions are at the machine shop now. I’m not sure of the ETA on them but I will ask.

The AT version will fit and install in the AE chassis, however- you will lose the ability to use the HK hook for a forward sling point (and the Harris sling stud if you so choose).

As sam (who obviously knows it better then anyone) said above. It works. I installed one on my old aics chassis and the only things i had to do were drill another hole for a second roll pin farther back and then yes you lose the hk hook ( no big deal for me since i run viperskins with a sling point rail on the side) the block fits amazingly well and has no play whatsoever

@Lukas Koukal I’ve been told the RRS/Arca versions of the AE/AW mount are close to being available. Not sure on the picatinny version.

C0BC54B9-9587-4A3B-929A-3A9840866644.jpeg

95E17B01-A0D5-4F8F-A9DF-2CEA421C07AC.jpeg

To each their own I suppose... Our mounts were designed to be able to be removed in the field without tools. They are the length they are to move the center of gravity forward. The feel with our mount and the bipod moved out changes the feel of the rifle system while prone quite a bit. It feels much more stable.

I guess if our system could not be removed in the field and you had to use tools to remove it I would be more concerned about the 4 or 5 oz difference. Really though my trigger pull weight is larger than the weight difference between the two systems.

To each their own I suppose... Our mounts were designed to be able to be removed in the field without tools. They are the length they are to move the center of gravity forward. The feel with our mount and the bipod moved out changes the feel of the rifle system while prone quite a bit. It feels much more stable.

I guess if our system could not be removed in the field and you had to use tools to remove it I would be more concerned about the 4 or 5 oz difference. Really though my trigger pull weight is larger than the weight difference between the two systems.

It’s not the weight that’s a problem for me, it’s that your spigot won’t remain tight. I haven’t taken a torque wrench to it or anything, but it repeatedly works loose during stages. In all fairness, both spigots I’ve tried that use the stock bayonet system work loose. Sam’s design simply does away with the problem all together.

Will the version designed for the older AW rifles work with an AW50? I do not have an AW to compare to my AW50...

I believe it’s the same as the AW but a couple of pictures and measurements would help. Can you take the forend stock skins off and take some pictures of the side and front of the chassis? Do you currently use the spigot interface for mounting the bipod?

I have a question .... how do I remove this spigot mount block from my atlas bipod? I would love to find an ARCA adapter. Advice???

Attachments

• EF8A67E9-F721-43E7-A436-4C90251CFD0D.jpeg
    EF8A67E9-F721-43E7-A436-4C90251CFD0D.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 139
I have a question .... how do I remove this spigot mount block from my atlas bipod? I would love to find an ARCA adapter. Advice???

The Atlas bipod has 2 screws on the top face, which have a universal bolt pattern that will work with a bunch of different clamps/adapters. You first have to remove the top screws on the spigot mount in order to separate the two. Then bolt on your new adapter. You might need to pick up a couple shorter screws if the adapter you buy doesn't come with them.

Here's the spigot mount showing the screws:

For the RRS/Arca adapter, I'd recommend either the RRS or the Area 419.
Area 419 --> Area 419 Arca Clamp
RRS --> RRS SOAR Clamps

Just a heads up to everyone, the RRS/Arca-Swiss version of the AE/AW/AICS spigot mount is now available at Anarchy Outdoors! The picatinny version isn't available quite yet, but it is in work and should be available soon. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help!

Sam

The Atlas bipod has 2 screws on the top face, which have a universal bolt pattern that will work with a bunch of different clamps/adapters. You first have to remove the top screws on the spigot mount in order to separate the two. Then bolt on your new adapter. You might need to pick up a couple shorter screws if the adapter you buy doesn't come with them.

Here's the spigot mount showing the screws:
View attachment 7120752

View attachment 7120754

For the RRS/Arca adapter, I'd recommend either the RRS or the Area 419.
Area 419 --> Area 419 Arca Clamp
RRS --> RRS SOAR Clamps

Thank you. Do you know if they make one with a QD / lever release?

holy moly thats pricey LOL
If you’re looking to eliminate the wiggle inherent in the B&T spigot adaptor, I believe my design is the best way to do that. It’s priced in-line with other spigots like the KRG.

If you think this is expensive, search for a factory replacement from AI of the original bipod block...

That being said, Anarchy Outdoors regularly runs sales around the various holidays, so keep an eye out around Labor Day.

I believe it’s the same as the AW but a couple of pictures and measurements would help. Can you take the forend stock skins off and take some pictures of the side and front of the chassis? Do you currently use the spigot interface for mounting the bipod?
IMG_20190801_134947.jpg
IMG_20190801_135654.jpg

samb300,

AW50 question…

I am currently using the spigot interface to mount a “Gen II AI Spigot Rail interface” from BigDogSteel but it has so far been impossible to get all of the slop out of the system, I could do some creative machining to solve this problem but I saw your solution which seems like the way to got if it will work for me.

It looks like the inside dimension of the for-end square tube is right t about 1"

Thanks!

@RagnarAW50 yup, that appears to be the same interface as the AE/AW, which should make things easy!

The AE/AW Arca-Swiss version is available now, but unless you're dead set on using an Arca bipod clamp, I would hold off a bit for the picatinny version. I think it's better suited for the big 50 :cool:

I also noticed that your chassis doesn't have the front-most holes for further securing the bipod block with two flat head screws (included with the new bipod mount). Especially with the 50, you'll want to machine those countersink holes and tighten it down with the screws. I'll send you a PM with the print to machine them; others with 1st gen AE's and AW's have done so with no issues.

Cheers,

Sam

Hey everyone, I just got word that the picatinny version of the AE/AW bipod spigots are done and available now at Anarchy Outdoors!

All of the variants are now in stock - Arca/RRS and picatinny for the AT and AE/AW rifles and chassis systems.

Thanks,

Sam

027FF6F6-A3B4-4C94-869A-70888F544C7E.jpeg

22D5F0F0-FF25-41B1-8CFE-436504E02469.jpeg

Reactions: theaoguy
He may still make them. I got 2 for the AT and 1 for the AE/AW series while I could.

That adapter is honestly the only reason I own an Atlas bipod as the spigot on the AI is garbage in my opinion.

@samb300
Can you let me know what bipod you have and the mounting arrangement? I am finding the Harris not man enough for my AT.

Can you let me know what bipod you have and the mounting arrangement? I am finding the Harris not man enough for my AT.

I use the PSR. I tried to like the CAL but I hate the Podloc protruding out the back towards your hand. If I have to deal with that thing I'd rather just use a Harris and save $100+ personally.

I have 2 PSR's and 2 Harris bipods currently.

It’s not the weight that’s a problem for me, it’s that your spigot won’t remain tight. I haven’t taken a torque wrench to it or anything, but it repeatedly works loose during stages. In all fairness, both spigots I’ve tried that use the stock bayonet system work loose. Sam’s design simply does away with the problem all together.
Skateboard tape on the contact points. Won't move after that and the tape lasts more than a few outings. Sam's design is a more permanent solution, and I may do that eventually.

Reactions: jap1547
Does anyone have the machining directions for the AE Picatinny mount? My chassis does not have the countersunk holes.