• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replace AICS Spigot with Rail

Id be in for a picatinny rail spigot. The big dog steel spigot i have has too much slop.

Does anyone know where i can buy an OEM spigot mount? Seems to be no "spares"for sale or only takeoffs
If you want to buy one new you’ll have to call Mile High or EuroOptic; expect to pay 2x what an aftermarket (and superior) version is from Anarchy Outdoors.

I finally got around to installing the Arca Swiss spigot on my AT LE, I don't know why I waited so long lol. In all honesty it was because I thought it looked funny so I held off, but I am usually not so vain, function over form has always been my moto and I am glad that I finally put it on. Now the bipod stows rearward and tucks flush with the chassis, not to mention the advantages of a lower bore height, better leverage being further out and the much improved stability. I used a 5/16" punch to remove and reinstall the roll pins in the chassis, it's the perfect size for the job.

Reactions: samb300
I finally got around to installing the Arca Swiss spigot on my AT LE, I don't know why I waited so long lol. In all honesty it was because I thought it looked funny so I held off, but I am usually not so vain, function over form has always been my moto and I am glad that I finally put it on. Now the bipod stows rearward and tucks flush with the chassis, not to mention the advantages of a lower bore height, better leverage being further out and the much improved stability. I used a 5/16" punch to remove and reinstall the roll pins in the chassis, it's the perfect size for the job.
Thanks! I still grapple with the Arca bipod spigot looking too "thin" from the profile, but the FEA I did while designing it proved it was plenty stiff and didn't need to be thicker just to look "better".

Reactions: tex68w
Thanks! I still grapple with the Arca bipod spigot looking too "thin" from the profile, but the FEA I did while designing it proved it was plenty stiff and didn't need to be thicker just to look "better".

This was my dilemma, it looks thin in profile in comparison to the rather oversized and somewhat chunky foot print of the AT chassis and it was throwing me off aesthetically. It is plenty strong, I put a lot of pressure into it with the bipod and I didn't see or feel any flex. At the end of the day the rifle is a tool and it should be treated as such and the spigot improves the function of the tool. The AT isn't winning any beauty pageants regardless of the spigot so in the end it's not a big deal lol.