• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement buttpad for Magpul PRS gen3?

ncbowhnter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
sanford nc
Does anyone know of a replacement buttpad for the gen3 PRS that isn't magpul brand? The factory one is meh. I have a limbsaver pad on an STR stock that feels great but I cannot find one to fit the prs.

I would also like to know, the length of pull on those gen 3 prs’s is way too long on an ar10 for my short self.

Was a thread on this bunch a years ago. MDT used to, not sure if they cross over to the gen3 though. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/recoil-pad-options-for-prs-stocks.165654/
FWIW... I have a few of the MDT recoil pads... they are slowly turning "sticky"... as in they stick to the floor carpet in the safe.

I asked MDT if they would be making more in the future, and the answer was a resounding "No".

IMHO, we all should e-mail Limbsaver and ask them to make one for the PRS Stocks.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
How about Manners? They fit limbsavers to their fiberglass stocks and make them look good. Other than time, don't see why they couldn't.

Stock doc would be another one to ask.

If you have access to a belt/disk sander it's pretty easy to do the "grind to fit" pads, I believe some have done that with the PRS before to try and get something thinner. Rumor has it the PRS-lite pad also fits the Gen 3, but Magpul doesn't seem willing to sell the pad by itself and if you don't like the material of the Gen3 it's probably the same stuff just about 1/2" thinner.

At the moment I have my prs lite extended one inch from collapsed.

I may go more and move the scope since I added a riser it changed my eye relief. Got more comfortable for my long skinny neck and shoulders.

I can definitely see where lop would le long for a person with a musclure frame / stout.

I see pictures of people who extended the stock way out, must be some real knuckle draggers. Lol

Yea that gen 3 stock LOP is pure stupid, apparently the the dimensions were based on some other species.

1682438912836.jpeg

This, too:

This, too:

They also mentioned the grind to fit. That would be the best suggestion.

They also mentioned the grind to fit. That would be the best suggestion.

No need to grind to fit:

"The KICK-EEZ "KZ-TAC1" pad is a pre-fit replacement for Magpul PRS series stocks. These pads come in two thicknesses, 1/2" thick and 15/16" thick. This can also be a great grind to fit for any similarly styled stock.

Fits:

-Magpul PRS GEN3 Precision-Adjustable Stock

-Magpul PRS Lite

-Magpul Pro stocks"

No need to grind to fit:

"The KICK-EEZ "KZ-TAC1" pad is a pre-fit replacement for Magpul PRS series stocks. These pads come in two thicknesses, 1/2" thick and 15/16" thick. This can also be a great grind to fit for any similarly styled stock.

Fits:

-Magpul PRS GEN3 Precision-Adjustable Stock

-Magpul PRS Lite

-Magpul Pro stocks"
What I mean is you can grind it down to be thinner if you wanted.

I’m pretty sure the grind-to-fit on that one is intended to be profile, not thickness. I bought the thin one for a PRS Lite, but haven’t installed it so can’t comment on fit. But based on material, I’m not sure you’d get great results by grinding the thickness