• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

REPR

oubeta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2003
Edmond, Oklahoma
I was just getting ready to sell this damn thing until I finally found a load for it. 43.5 Varget pushing 175smk's and it was grouping right in there with my GAP bolt gun! I was amazed what .5 grains of powder will do.
I'm very impressed after a rough start. Had to send the gun back to LWRC after it wouldn't cycle. I"ll try to get some pics of the groups up tonight. Thinking about taking this gun to my next 'sniper' class instead of my bolt gun.

Re: REPR

Opps just checked my load data. 43.5 Varget with 175's.

I tested

43.5 was teh hands down winner.
I also tested M118, PVI 168's, FGM 168's, BH 168's.
Nothing will touch the 175 43.5 load.

Have you tried any of the Hornady 155 AMax's? My DPMS loves them w/ about the same load your running the 175's at. I will have to check my load data to see the exact amount of varget.

The 155s will not work. You really want to see something, try some 178 amaxes in the REPR. You will not use any more 175s after you do!! I am sticking with 178s and 185 Scenars.

Also, what kind of speeds are you getting?

I found that you have to use at least 168s in this gun, due to the barrel twist(1:10), to get a decent group.

I'm wondering if manufacturers know this ahead of time? Shouldn't they tell people?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Good Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found that you have to use at least 168s in this gun, due to the barrel twist(1:10), to get a decent group. </div></div>

Yours may not like 155s but it sure isn't because of being a 10 twist.That twist rate fires almost all weights of 30cal bullets.My friends shoots Hornady 150s well into the sub moa realm.Its even close to moa with lake city ball.The new LMT mws is designed for ball use and is a 10 twist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outerspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wondering if manufacturers know this ahead of time? Shouldn't they tell people? </div></div>

Having been doing this for 30 years I have NEVER had a manufacturer recommend an ammo for any weapon I have purchased. Its a 10 twist--it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out it may prefer heavier bullets.

If you are dead-set on using lighter bullets--you can order the REPR with an optional 11.25 twist barrel.

D-- Shut up an make be some Tequila...
smile.gif
E

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Good Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found that you have to use at least 168s in this gun, due to the barrel twist(1:10), to get a decent group. </div></div>

Yours may not like 155s but it sure isn't because of being a 10 twist.That twist rate fires almost all weights of 30cal bullets.My friends shoots Hornady 150s well into the sub moa realm.Its even close to moa with lake city ball.The new LMT mws is designed for ball use and is a 10 twist. </div></div>

I agree. My DPMS likes the 155's alot. I checked my load data this AM and it isn't Varget I'm using with them it's VN 140 at 43.2 grs ahead of a Fed. GM match primer. May not work for everyone but it works for me and what I use them for and that's what counts. I have pretty good luck with them.

Hey Guys- Let's stick to the REPR, the topic at hand. There is very little info out there on them, lets not muck it up.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen any improvement in accuracy with the gas system turned off? </div></div>

I didn't see any significant gains in accuracy but it was more pleasant to shoot. The last time I shot it with the gas knob off was Dec '09, I'll see if anything's changed after ~500 rounds.

Aay other REPR owners out there want to share their reloading results? Particularly interested in creative ways to get 'em flying a little faster.