• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Restaurant Food Quality

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    Is it just me or has everyone else noticed this?

In the last few months I’ve discovered hair in my food on about 6 occasions.

It serves no purpose to name the restaurants because the local franchises may not be representative of the larger chain.

What irritates me is everyone is throwing a fit about the need to wear those stupid masks but overlook the more sanitary procedures to ensure food quality.

I’m within a hair’s breadth of starting to throw food at the cooks.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Rant over - for now.

I would not be so quick to blame the cook staff.... Dig a little bit deeper into the "supply chain".... I was born and raised in Louisiana... Some of the best food in the world. That food can not be duplicated today because the ingredients are being furnished by the low bidder.... Commodities like Corn, wheat, oats, beans, meat, seafood, lettuce, etc are coming in from foreign countries. Much of it comes from China... If you long for good food with no hair, insect parts, feces, etc then best to start growing a garden.

Down the rabbit hole we go.

Fast food or sit down with service? And was the hair "cooked in" or lying on top and thus could have come from anywhere? I only ask because in the sit-down places the people bringing out the food usually aren't netted and such - and the food passes in the open through a much longer "route" where it could get hitchhikers. In most of the fast food chains - where you can pretty much see them preparing the food - it seems the cooks/line crew are pretty well covered right up through wrapping up your meal. Not trying to make a case for fast food, but my experience is most of the big fast-food chains have sanitary down pretty well in the kitchen.

Its protein. Whats the problem?

Wtf dude.

how is your attitude to the employees at these places

They all know me at the sit down restaurants. I treat them well. I'm also a big tipper.

Fast food or sit down with service? And was the hair "cooked in" or lying on top and thus could have come from anywhere? I only ask because in the sit-down places the people bringing out the food usually aren't netted and such - and the food passes in the open through a much longer "route" where it could get hitchhikers. In most of the fast food chains - where you can pretty much see them preparing the food - it seems the cooks/line crew are pretty well covered right up through wrapping up your meal. Not trying to make a case for fast food, but my experience is most of the big fast-food chains have sanitary down pretty well in the kitchen.

Some of the places were fast food and others sit down. Sometimes the hair was on top or embedded. The last sit down place had a pubic hair on top of the hash browns. I came close to puking right then and there.

Like I said, I'm a big tipper and don't mistreat anyone.

Regarding fast food, the cook(s) in the back would know me cause I picked it up at the drive through.

IMHO, I think too much emphasis has been placed on wearing face diapers that everything else has been ignored.

Are you sure it ain't yours??????💩

Definitely not mine.

As you get older (and wiser, allegedly) you start to realize how much stuff just sucks in general.

Over the same time, things like service, work ethic and overall quality of everything have also gone to complete shit with an aim of achieving whatever level of, barely acceptable to the lowest common denominator, is.

I have never really understood the freakout over a random hair. In my life as a climber, biker, bicyclist, shooter, swimmer, runner et al, a lot worst has end up in my mouth. Hair is a fact of life and occasionally it is going to float onto someone dish. Not my favorite thing but as long as it’s not a pube I am not too concerned.

I am much more concerned about the housefly that just walked the toilet bowl before landing on my food. I have come to hate house flies. Or worst yet the common kitchen sink which often has more dangerous pathogens and chemicals than your average toilet.

I guarantee the drops of sweat on your food from cooks and servers (and god knows what else) would concern you more if they were as visible as a hair.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    I have never really understood the freakout over a random hair. In my life as a climber, biker, bicyclist, shooter, swimmer, runner et al, a lot worst has end up in my mouth. Hair is a fact of life and occasionally it is going to float onto someone dish. Not my favorite thing but as long as it’s not a pube I am not too concerned.

I am much more concerned about the housefly that just walked the toilet bowl before landing on my food. I have come to hate house flies. Or worst yet the common kitchen sink which often has more dangerous pathogens and chemicals than your average toilet.

I guarantee the drops of sweat on your food from cooks and servers (and god knows what else) would concern you more if they were as visible as a hair.

C896A1F5-5F2A-478C-BC9B-BEA7BC437D79.gif

Pube? Anyone in the restaurant with a longish beard? Facial hair can be pretty gnarly and twisted too...

Pube? Anyone in the restaurant with a longish beard? Facial hair can be pretty gnarly and twisted too...

I don't know what the cooks look like. One of the waiters has a very close-cropped and neatly trimmed beard.

At this rate, I won't be surprised to get chicken with the feathers still on it.

I don't know what the cooks look like. One of the waiters has a very close-cropped and neatly trimmed beard.

At this rate, I won't be surprised to get chicken with the feathers still on it.
    i don't have much input since poors like me don't eat out much...

• Haha
    Reactions: MtnCreek
    Best meal I've had in a year came from a Japanese steakhous.
    Everywhere else, fast or sit down, has taken a giant shit.
    Some of the places I've been were supposed to be renowned for good eating. Most of the problems, are inability to hire good help. Much of that problem has been exacerbated by our own gubmint giving out dem munny checks and double topping the unemployment pay.
    Best fast food meal is still Bojangles by a landslide. Ive not had a bad meal there yet.
    Itll get better, but not before you are paying $12 for a shitty $3 burger.

i don't have much input since poors like me don't eat out much...

Holy shit! That's the exact scene that crossed my mind when I read the OP.

I had a hair in my Shepherd's pie last night. It was long, brown and tasteless so i figured it was Rebecca's.
    I mean, she did actually cook the dinner so it was bound to happen eventually.

Now about this pube stuff...
    Y'all muh fukkas tellin me you ain't nevah put yo face in a natural muff befo?

OP ,Save money,cook your own shit then ya won't have to worry about what might be in your food,that's not supposed to be there.

I may start doing that again. I eat out just to get away from the house. At least with my own cooking I can't get mad at the chef.

I'm old and somewhat health compromised. Last time I sat (not ordered takeout) in a restaurant was around February 2020. And I used to do pt at least twice a week. I can cook with the best of them so no issues

Nah that’s what the wife’s job is

Yep.......except when it comes to fish,steak and deer meat n gravy....... If that gets fucked up, I want to be the one responsible. But that ain't likely to happen.

• Haha
    Reactions: deersniper
    30 years in the convention industry of Las Vegas.
    Personal first-hand experience with what goes on in the back of the house.
    About the only thing I'll eat in a restaurant is a hard boiled egg still in its shell a banana or anything else the food industry worker doesn't have to touch.

When I was on active duty there was a chow hall I ate at on an Air Force base far, far away. The food was actually pretty darn good.

I would submit critiques on how good the food was and what a great job the cooks were doing. I didn't just write something like; "Outstanding food. Great job!"

I wrote literary tomes that would rival any New York City food critic's drivel faster than you can say "boeuf bourguignon."

My literary excursions into the culinary arts were masterpieces. I let the Mess Hall leadership know how much the aroma wafting out of the inner sanctum of the kitchen beckoned the spirit weak with hunger and what the ambiance did to set the mood for satiating ravenous appetites of manly men defending democracy!

I waxed eloquently about the presentation of the sundry delicacies and tasty morsels we were sumptuously treated to. I commended the mess hall staff with their professional attitude and wondered why they were not plying their craft in five star dining establishments.

Then I would put my name on the critique so they know who wrote it.

Some of you are wondering where I'm going with this. I learned in my many years of service that the people that you treat well in the military (not necessarily in this order) are medics, supply NCOs, accounting & finance personnel and the COOKS!

I would get entire plates of blueberry cheesecakes, pies, cake & ice cream, the choicest cuts of meat on steak day, omelets made everyday the way I liked them with extra bacon & hash browns. I was treated like a king when some of my squadron mates got dog food compared to what I was eating.

All I had to do was complement the cooks on their job.

30 years in the convention industry of Las Vegas.
    Personal first-hand experience with what goes on in the back of the house.
    About the only thing I'll eat in a restaurant is a hard boiled egg still in its shell a banana or anything else the food industry worker doesn't have to touch.

You guys are beginning to convince me to prepare my own food.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    When I was on active duty there was a chow hall I ate at on an Air Force base far, far away. The food was actually pretty darn good.

I would submit critiques on how good the food was and what a great job the cooks were doing. I didn't just write something like; "Outstanding food. Great job!"

I wrote literary tomes that would rival any New York City food critic's drivel faster than you can say "boeuf bourguignon."

My literary excursions into the culinary arts were masterpieces. I let the Mess Hall leadership know how much the aroma wafting out of the inner sanctum of the kitchen beckoned the spirit weak with hunger and what the ambiance did to set the mood for satiating ravenous appetites of manly men defending democracy!

I waxed eloquently about the presentation of the sundry delicacies and tasty morsels we were sumptuously treated to. I commended the mess hall staff with their professional attitude and wondered why they were not plying their craft in five star dining establishments.

Then I would put my name on the critique so they know who wrote it.

Some of you are wondering where I'm going with this. I learned in my many years of service that the people that you treat well in the military (not necessarily in this order) are medics, supply NCOs, accounting & finance personnel and the COOKS!

I would get entire plates of blueberry cheesecakes, pies, cake & ice cream, the choicest cuts of meat on steak day, omelets made everyday the way I liked them with extra bacon & hash browns. I was treated like a king when some of my squadron mates got dog food compared to what I was eating.

All I had to do was complement the cooks on their job.

You no two meat!!
    One meat only...

Sausage please.
    One or two?

• Haha
    Reactions: Longshot231
    Based on the whole attitude on things at this point I'm about to go off any sort of "dining out". At first my "absence" was more along the whole "we don't know COVID". Then as things got better it was trying to support places that were open. Some places were on point, some were just spinning their wheels. I really wanted to support those working there, but it's a double edged sword. You still need to have good service. Food quality slipped so I just dodged the places that had crappy food.
    As things are now it's smarter to just eat before I leave the house, or take food with me. I'm tired of going places finding they are closed due to "staff shortage". Guess my tip stays with me.

I’ve been in the restaurant business my whole life. There’s a massive deficit of labor in general, let alone quality labor. It’s been really tough. I work for a group with very high standards and it Las been noticeable even at the upper echelons of fine dining.

• Sad
    Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Lol you smoking crank with the first 2. Aint nobody importing corn and wheat to save money
    U.S. imports of Corn totaled $18.42 million in June, a change of 112.97 percent from the same month one year ago.
    The top three U.S. markets by value for Corn imports in June were (1) Canada, (2) Chile, and (3) Argentina.

^

The total production of corn in the US for the year 2019 is reported to be 13.016 billion bushels, of which the major use is for manufacture of ethanol and its co-product (Distillers' Dried Grains with Solubles), accounting for 37% (27% + 10%), or 4,845 million bushels (3,552 + 1,293).

So quick math 18 million $ / $4 bushel =

4.5 million bushel.

So imports are about 3.5 percent? Lol

Edit. Wrong quick math you used months
    2019 we imported 28 million bushel So 2 percent. Lol

Last edited:
    they can only stretch a dime so far so you might be eating cat if your lucky . The communist plan is working lol

Yeah, service and quality of food has been in decline. I cook a lot, my standards are high, but not so high that I expect a taco shop to serve me fillet.

I would not be so quick to blame the cook staff.... Dig a little bit deeper into the "supply chain".... I was born and raised in Louisiana... Some of the best food in the world. That food can not be duplicated today because the ingredients are being furnished by the low bidder.... Commodities like Corn, wheat, oats, beans, meat, seafood, lettuce, etc are coming in from foreign countries. Much of it comes from China... If you long for good food with no hair, insect parts, feces, etc then best to start growing a garden.

Down the rabbit hole we go.
    This ^^^^^

I had no idea tomatoes were actually delicious until I grew them myself. I think they were purple cherokee tomatoes. Every tomato I've ever bought from the grocery store was a bland, watery imposter. Then I figured out the same thing applied to other vegetables.

Meats, not so much. Homegrown eggs look cooler and yolks are a radiant orange, but they taste about the same. Grass fed beef sucks, but I have had beef from cattle that were locked up in pens and force fed grain that was delicious.

On a related note, a dude that grows his own ingredients who knows how to cook it well can drop panties faster than Afghani's from a C-17. 😬

Lol you smoking crank with the first 2. Aint nobody importing corn and wheat to save money
    i was in the produce business on the east coast for 10 years, we own the place and i did the buying.
    he is totally smoking crack.
    total bullshit.
    very few things came from china, in example Asian pears did, some edible flowers did. w growing seasons the way they are spread out in the US, its hardly necessary to import produce, we do, in the winter slightly, but not much

Reactions: deersniper
    Haha, it seems like there's some passionate discussion going on about Maggie's Restaurant food quality! Importing ingredients can indeed be a hot topic, but it's interesting to hear your perspective from your experience in the produce business.
    U?

2211448589_f7405c8aea.jpg