• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RESULTS Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

LVshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Las Vegas NV
Another cold windy day. We won't know what to do on a nice day.
There was a mistake on the scores, here are the corrected scores. Sorry Bear. You and Gary can trade medals at the next match.
Kurt S. 461.6
Gary M. 408.0
Bear W. 370.0
Mike M. 325.8
Roger C. 303.6
Werner H. 303.0
Will R. 261.2
Marcus B. 226.7
Dirk T. 224.8
Victor S. 210.0

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1323_2.jpg

IMG_1326_2.jpg

Next match will be May 2nd.

Re: RESULTS Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

What a fun match! I really liked the 5x swing targets under a time limit stage. The last two of those targets are extremely difficult to hit from the positions available.

I'm soo going to make next months.

I have some more pics but my laptop is not playing nice . i will work on posting them tomorrow .

Sorry to Gary and Bear about the scores. Hey the change also bumped me down. I punched a 7 into the max score for the various steel stage instead of 70. I normally qc my data entry via the printout and with the printer down I screwed up doing the comparison on the laptop screen. So much for the notion of the scorekeeper always winning! Fun Match anyway.

Here are some more pictures.
HPIM0502.JPG

HPIM0501.JPG

I wish I would have gotten a picture of this guys rifle . It was an inspiring camo job to say the least .
HPIM05002.JPG

HPIM0499.JPG

HPIM0498.JPG

Victor (shown in the winter camo pants)got off to a rough start due to some new ammunition but once he got his rifle dialed he was on fire .
HPIM04971.JPG

Who knows how Kurt hit anything all twisted up shooting like that . Everyone knows you have to be straight behind the rifle .
HPIM0496.JPG

HPIM04951.JPG

HPIM0494.JPG

HPIM0493.JPG

My first match I shot a .243 VLS with a 6-18X40 Leupold VX-II . Fast forward 6 or 7 years and we have new competitors lining up with a real live AI , I could have only dreamed have this kind of stuff .Remember when the PSS with a 6.5-20X50 Leupold With Mil-dots was something everyone gawked at .... LOL . It was nice meeting you Mike .
HPIM0492.JPG

HPIM0491.JPG

HPIM0490.JPG

The weather was perfect with a mild 15-20 MPH quartering tailwind . Welcome to Sunny Southern Nevada where the sun always shines and the wind never blows .
HPIM04891.JPG

Mike, Thanks for the help spotting and all the great pictures.

No problem . I wish I would have had my Digital SLR as it takes a lot better pictures .

The various steel stage was a real eye opener as to the value of Holdovers and Holdunders . I would have been an hour finding targets and dialing in my dope . Definitely gives me something to think about and work on .

Good shooting once again Kurt!Congrats.

Friday,here near Flagstaff there was a reported 91MPH wind gust at Meteor Crator.They even closed I-40.Geez

We thought the wind would be horrible so we didn't come but will try again next month.

Steve

Steve, I would be great to have you guys back.

We tried this target at the match. It was a blast to shoot. We shot it at 100 yards off a barricade and you had a short amount of time (I don't remember how many seconds)To hit all six targets. It was great until Werner killed the smallest one. We finished the stage without the smallest circle. I don't think some of the others would have taken many more hits. The smaller ones really spun around when hit.
IMG_1321.jpg

But it didn't last to long. The straps took a beating.
IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

But I made a new one for the next match.
IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

I think it will do much better. We will probably shoot it prone at 200-300 yards.
I can also take some circles out for a KYL target.

You should test it Kurt . Call or PM and maybe one evening we can go shoot the tar out of it .

Excellent Target setup Kurt!!!.....Can't wait.Wernerrrrr...Why'd you do that.LOL...Looks like you might of had some help though,huh.

Steve

Steve, I was shooter #2 and only killed the little one. I had all direct hits up until the little one. First shot was 6 oclock just below the edge; I held up a hair and sent a round deflecting off the top edge of the plate and into the strap. I think what you are seeing on the other straps is from splash.

Kurt, version 3.0 of the swinging target looks badass! Should be easy to ID true hits and durable to boot. I'm with Mike on the testing.

RESULTS Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

The new swinging version looks really really nice!

Did I hit the strap of the #4 swinger or was it splash that cut the strap?
frown.gif
It took off hard after the shot so I figured I hit but hit the left edge...

Chiller: I think it was 6" across on the left to 1 1/2" across on the right. You definetely need to come to the next one you can when your rifle comes in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how big are we looking left to right? </div></div>
6" to 2.5"

Yeah,I know,just had to give you a little bit of a hard time.That's good shooting cause you made it to the last target!Good form!

Steve

Kurt -

The new target looks great! I think version 2 will prove to be much more durable. I can't wait to shoot it - April's match was another great shoot, by the way. Thanks!

I was able to hit the bolt on the mover at the Phoenix match and put the whole show on hold for 45 minutes - maybe I can find a weakness in this one? ;-)