• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reticle jump when dry firing

Hugh_Jassol

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2017
Hey guys I was dry firing from the prone and noticed the reticle kept jumping a little bit. What is the cause of this? Thanks

could be a few things, since no one can see what you are seeing.
most likely your paralax isnt set properly or all the way, and its actually paralax swim.

if you have a fixed paralax...then theres that...

My daughter's 6.5-20x50 LRT had this. It held up two seasons and then went to shit in a match. Was shifting back and fourth from the X ring to the 7 rings in a 1 minute wind condition. We send it in and Leupold said they adjusted parallax. I haven't reinstalled it. She got a hold of one of my NXSs and won't give it up.

keep an eye on it. May be nothing, but I would test it often until you are sure it's gonna hold up.

Does your bolt handle jump when you dry fire it?

Gen II razor is the scope, I messed adjusted the parallax a bit, and put a fired case in to absorb some of the firing pin impact. Seems to be better.