• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reticle suggestions h59, H102, tremor 3

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    Going to have a us optics fdn 3x17 scope made and looking for suggestions in what reticle between Horus 59,H102 or tremor 3

shooting 6.5 creedmoor from a surgeon scalpel

Reactions: Ranger007
    Out of those three the H59 is the most universal.

What are you using it for?

My experience has been that the Horus reticles are far more busy than needed for anyone not on the battlefield. Theres some additions to tje reticle that just contribute to unnecessary clutter for the average or competitive shooter.

Reactions: DIBBS
    Going to have a us optics fdn 3x17 scope made and looking for suggestions in what reticle between Horus 59,H102 or tremor 3

Spend the extra coin and go with a FDN5x25 if you are running on a bolt action and as mentioned, H59 is pretty universal but its also dependent what your intended application/use is.

Thanks
    Will definitely look at the 5 x25
    Tremor 3 has more information
    H59 seems to be the standard

I have only shot mil dot and looking to have more data to allow for reticle compensated shots vs dialing in

T3 has higher resale value, albeit often more up front cost, and is great if you’re gonna practice with it a lot and get used to using it with hold overs.

Didnt want to be the one, but with all the high quality options out there why are you having a USO made

Reactions: Newbie2020
    I have a 50 off certificate also I have 2 old LR 17 models that have worked flawlessly so for a fully loaded 5x25 at $2000 I’ll take a chance

Reactions: brianf
    but with all the high quality options out there why are you having a USO made
    Just to be curious, why not? I just ordered my second FDN, a 5-25, which will be my 5th USO overall (still have an SN3 3.2-17x and ST10). The only issue I've ever had with a US Optics was a slight defect in a reticle almost 10yrs ago (purely cosmetic), which they immediately corrected. My SN3 and ST10 have been perfect, and I expect the FDN's to be even better....and based on all of the data I'm seeing currently on the FDN's, there is no reason to expect otherwise.

I've been looking into the tremor 3 for some time. I've read most of the threads & comments about it & I'm not sure what to make of some of the explanations.
    Guys often comment on the tremor being overly busy when compared to the H59 but, I just can't see that reasoning.
    The tremor looks to me to be less busy than the H59 because the wind dots on the tremor break the reticle into distinct sections. All straight lines are Mil sub tensions & all dots are wind speed. There's no confusion & either one is easily ignored.
    If you want to get a reasonably good feel for the tremor, there's a simulation on the Horus website which I've used many times.
    In my mind it's a no brainer. The tremor is basically a H59 with dots overlaid. I've watched every review on guys using the tremor & nobody has reported that it doesn't function as claimed or that it's difficult to use.
    The tremors use in PRS is steadily increasing because it just makes sense. The ability to apply wind adjustment in the reticle at any distance without the need for a specific ballistic reading is one less complication.
    If you haven't used the simulation on the Horus website, my advise is to give that a whirl & see what you think.

Regards..............Barelstroker.

Barelstroker
    I am aligned and like the tremor 3 especially in long range situations past 1000 yds

thank you for the comment
    So u went ahead with the tremor.
    That's great.
    Really interested to hear your opinion now that you've been using it.