• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Retumbo V Temperature

wadcutter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
NSW Australia
www.austargets.com
I have been playing with Retumbo powder (AR2225) in both a .338 Edge and a .375 Snipe Tac.
The results of my testing seem to lean towards some small amount of temperature sensitivity with this powder.
Can anyone state for sure just how temperature sensitive this powder is and give some sort of numbers on its effect in their rifles?
It would be a great help.
Thanks.

Re: Retumbo V Temperature

6mm_Crusader_T2.jpg

Bottom axis is degrees F.

Retumbo and H1000 actually got slower with an increase in temperature!? Am I reading this right?

That's what happened during the test... been meaning to repeat it, but haven't had the time. Not a difficult test to run if you're so inclined...

Kombayotch,
That is outstanding info. Thanks for that.
I am also surprised that velocity decreased with a rise in temperature. I was looking for a similar magnitude but with an opposite effect.

You should test it. I find the negative temperature slop strange, but I've got that on more than one of the slow burning extreme powders.