• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Review of the Eotech Vudu 5-25, Now With Photos

31+ mils. 40 moa should work. If everything works you should be three-5 mils from burying the erector. I used Burris XTR Signature 1.5" rings and put in 25 MOA inserts but because the rings are so close together I ended up with about 35MOA and 25 up/7 down with a 100yd zero.

If you haven't already tried the Vudu on another rifle I think you'll be very pleased with the price performance ratio. Hope your Spuhr works out. When your close to the limits of travel it can get wonky.

Reactions: maysys
31+ mils. 40 moa should work. If everything works you should be three-5 mils from burying the erector. I used Burris XTR Signature 1.5" rings and put in 25 MOA inserts but because the rings are so close together I ended up with about 35MOA and 25 up/7 down with a 100yd zero.

If you haven't already tried the Vudu on another rifle I think you'll be very pleased with the price performance ratio. Hope your Spuhr works out. When your close to the limits of travel it can get wonky.

Thank you much! I'll be zeroing at 200 so sounds like it _ought_ to work.

dta.jpg

Here's the vudu on my Gen1 DT Covert in the deer stand. Love hunting this rig - very pleased with the MD3 in this application.

Nice clear and concise review. Give me plenty of information, as I am trying to choose the best OPTICS for my 308 AR build.
Last thing I am trying to decide. SO many choices, so many features, and prices have come down.
Thanks for the great review!

Has anyone done a comparison with the Vortex Razor II 4.4x27? I really like the weight and length of the VuDu.

@Maggot I've had the 5-20X50 for about 3 years. I bought the H-59, not because I like the reticle but because of resale value.
Europtic currently has a Tremor 3 reticle on sale as a demo. $1299. Their demos. rarely are anything other than open box scopes. I would think of the current offerings the Tremor would be the most desirable. I am no scope guru but I do own a S&B PMII 5-25 and a ZCO 5-27. My know nothing evaluation is based on how easy an optic is to use. That sounds rudimentary but it embodies clarity, eye relief, eye box, controls usage, depth of field, etc. It's, pretty much, all the things that the guys who do in depth reviews evaluate individually. The only exception I would take with the Vudu are depth of field at shorter distances and illumination controls. I see it as an ideal optic for AR platforms. The two three principle complaints I have read regard heavy resistance when setting power, illum. not day-light bright and CA.

I have no problem setting the power and I have extensive damage to my hands. I can't use my old SS 5-20X50HDs without a cat-tail. Irrelevant in any case as the Vudu comes packaged with three different length cat-tails.

I already know that I seem to overlook CA. I looked for it when I got the Vudu and I seem to remember some on the edges but no consciousness of it when I acquired the target.

As regards the illum. I agree that it is not daylight bright. On the other hand, if looking into dense darkened foliage, I find it discernible. That is not the case at CQB distances in broad daylight.

Two other points for the Vudu. If you check the PX the Vudus disappear at about $1300.00. Somebody knows something. Last but not least, Ilya THE DARK LORD OF OPTICS, said he was surprised at how well EOTECH did at controlling the inherent problems created in designing a super-short.
https://www.eurooptic.com/Like-New-...scope-Tremor-3-Reticle-MRAD-VDU5-25FFTR3.aspx

Has anyone done a comparison with the Vortex Razor II 4.4x27? I really like the weight and length of the VuDu.

Reactions: Quintus and Maggot
@Maggot I've had the 5-20X50 for about 3 years. I bought the H-59, not because I like the reticle but because of resale value.
Europtic currently has a Tremor 3 reticle on sale as a demo. $1299. Their demos. rarely are anything other than open box scopes. I would think of the current offerings the Tremor would be the most desirable. I am no scope guru but I do own a S&B PMII 5-25 and a ZCO 5-27. My know nothing evaluation is based on how easy an optic is to use. That sounds rudimentary but it embodies clarity, eye relief, eye box, controls usage, depth of field, etc. It's, pretty much, all the things that the guys who do in depth reviews evaluate individually. The only exception I would take with the Vudu are depth of field at shorter distances and illumination controls. I see it as an ideal optic for AR platforms. The two three principle complaints I have read regard heavy resistance when setting power, illum. not day-light bright and CA.

I have no problem setting the power and I have extensive damage to my hands. I can't use my old SS 5-20X50HDs without a cat-tail. Irrelevant in any case as the Vudu comes packaged with three different length cat-tails.

I already know that I seem to overlook CA. I looked for it when I got the Vudu and I seem to remember some on the edges but no consciousness of it when I acquired the target.

As regards the illum. I agree that it is not daylight bright. On the other hand, if looking into dense darkened foliage, I find it discernible. That is not the case at CQB distances in broad daylight.

Two other points for the Vudu. If you check the PX the Vudus disappear at about $1300.00. Somebody knows something. Last but not least, Ilya THE DARK LORD OF OPTICS, said he was surprised at how well EOTECH did at controlling the inherent problems created in designing a super-short.
https://www.eurooptic.com/Like-New-...scope-Tremor-3-Reticle-MRAD-VDU5-25FFTR3.aspx
Thanks for the tip on Euro Optic, I just bought the 5x25x50 with Tremor 3 for $1416 shipped. Oddly enough the TR3 was $300 less than the HD59. Now Ive got to sell some other stuff to pay for it,