• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer Live !

Re: Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer Live !

So..hard...not...to give stuff away...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So..hard...not...to give stuff away... </div></div>

We won't tell anyone.....

laugh.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jb7gspHxZiI&feature=relmfu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jb7gspHxZiI&feature=relmfu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernBorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seventy 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Alien- Old freighter ship, oily coveralls on the crew, makeshift flamethrower weapons, everything looked old.
Promethius- Supposed to be before Alien or around the same timeline. Bright clean and high tech ships, hot weapons, fancy fabric suits and vehicles. WTF

</div></div>

That's like comparing a modern USN Destroyer to a 30 year old coal freighter. </div></div>

Its not just the time period, but its the design and influence of HR Giger. He has a very distinct style that can be seen in the old 'Heavy Metal" magazines. His style has a heavy influence on Alien movies 1 through 3; Especially number 3. If they dont follow through on Prometheus, it will be a big let down for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just want to know where this fits in with the Alien timeline. Is it before, during, or after the ordeal with Rippley? </div></div>

This movie is a prequel to Alien or so it appears.

My understanding is it started as a prequel but then took a turn and now it meant to stand on its own, but some things may still look familiar with regard to past “Alien” movies. At any rate we will know shortly.

Cant wait to see this. By amazing coincidence Walmart has the first and second Alien Movies on sale as a package for 9.98 if you need to catch up on history.

FYI, this one, like "Avengers" doesn't really do anything special in 3D. It's a post-process conversion like most films these days so it sort of has that Viewmaster "everything's on cards" feeling. If you enjoy 3D movies, then go that route, but otherwise I suggest sticking with the 2D version.

Without giving too much away, if you're concerned about it being too much of a horror film - don't. It's more suspense than anything. Still not young kid safe.

watched it yesterday wasnt that great i give it a 6 out of 10.

How can it NOT be a Alien prequal? Wyland Corp, the curved Alien ship, and ALOT of other things....... Im going to see it tomorrow, after catching up on my Alien and Aliens tonight.

I always thought that we'd have better lighting in the future.

Damn, I can't wait! I own all the Alien DVDs.

Was a really good movie guys. It answered a lot of questions about the Aliens Universe....while creating a great deal more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always thought that we'd have better lighting in the future. </div></div>

California Energy Commision Title 24 building codes and ligting requirements to save the world form green house gases have spread everywhere by then
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorthernBorn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seventy 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Alien- Old freighter ship, oily coveralls on the crew, makeshift flamethrower weapons, everything looked old.
Promethius- Supposed to be before Alien or around the same timeline. Bright clean and high tech ships, hot weapons, fancy fabric suits and vehicles. WTF

</div></div>

That's like comparing a modern USN Destroyer to a 30 year old coal freighter. </div></div>

Its not just the time period, but its the design and influence of HR Giger. He has a very distinct style that can be seen in the old 'Heavy Metal" magazines. His style has a heavy influence on Alien movies 1 through 3; Especially number 3. If they dont follow through on Prometheus, it will be a big let down for me. </div></div>

Huge +1 the following of HR Geiger's images through from the original set of films would make arguably the best movies ever.

without spoiling anything why the R rating? Nudity? or is it because of the aliens bursting stuff? My kids loved Aliens, but that was more action than horror?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">without spoiling anything why the R rating? Nudity? or is it because of the aliens bursting stuff? My kids loved Aliens, but that was more action than horror?
</div></div>

Actually.....good question. I guess the violence. No nudity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">without spoiling anything why the R rating? Nudity? or is it because of the aliens bursting stuff? My kids loved Aliens, but that was more action than horror?
</div></div>

Actually.....good question. I guess the violence. No nudity. </div></div>

Bursting, a short surgical procedure, maybe the standard alien terror. No nudity, close but none. My 14y daughter liked it and I didn’t feel ashamed having her there, like I did when transformers 2 came out...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">without spoiling anything why the R rating? Nudity? or is it because of the aliens bursting stuff? My kids loved Aliens, but that was more action than horror?
</div></div>

Actually.....good question. I guess the violence. No nudity. </div></div>

No nudity and rated R, I'll pass.

Saw it today, very well done. ALOT of questions are answered threw the ORIGINAL Alien movie. I still stand behind this is a PRE Alien movie. I understand how the Aliens came about. BUT...... Ridley will take this some were else i think and hope. It should be interesting.

Saw it tonight, I'd give it a "triple fart minus" rating, and file it under W for waste of time. Are there any movies with character development or real plot lines anymore?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any movies with character development or real plot lines anymore? </div></div>

They are getting rare.

Niles did you think it had no character development?

Whether it ends up being good or not this trailer is good and Michael Fassbender is awesome.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIJeQNyZ6VE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIJeQNyZ6VE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Niles did you think it had no character development? </div></div>

With her and her partner/boyfriend there was some character development, but brief. For the rest of the cast/crew the viewer had little to no idea where they came from or what there specialty was until it was necessary for the story. That doesn’t make the movie bad per say, but it could have made it even better. Like I said above, I liked it over all.

If you think about it, the original had no development at all, you knew nothing except what they said when they woke, and where they ended up when they were "working" prior to landing on LV223

That said, the story was a bit lacking, you got some basics, but there were certainly some holes, the premise should have let them with a much longer movie open to a lot more exploration from several points.

I think that is why they released so many short takes to YouTube not in the film,

And can someone tell me why they hired a young guy to play an old guy when they could have hired an excellent old guy instead of doing the make up bit ?

I blame the weak story on the jackass from Lost who wrote it.

But its obvious they are planning this to be a series at this point.

And I expect it to be radically different when the directors cut hits....to the extent that the Blade Runner Final Directors cut was different from the initial theater released version.

Just got back from seeing it. Really disappointed. Poor story, some weak acting but i did like the Capt'n.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back from seeing it. Really disappointed. Poor story, some weak acting but i did like the Capt'n.</div></div>

Ditto that.

1. The first time anyone other than David and Ms Vickers, Holloway and Shaw seemed to have a clue what the trip was about was after waking from stasis. WTF?

2. I don't care if you ARE a trillionaire, you want the best, you also want simple and safe. Multiple layers of thick and padded and electronic door locks and a loading bay that lowers and that "glass cockpit" (too many windows) all speak to extravagance, not elegance. Ridley scott had it right with the sets on the FIRST Alien movie. This one looked like Star Trek the Next Generation.

3. It's the same story as the first, some embellishments thrown in (the aliens are coming to earth with a stockpile of WMDs to undo what they did billions - ? - of years ago. WTF? but had to stop for a hamburger at a rest stop first when one of their DNA experiments got loose.

4. It's not the same timeline. It's using components of the other movies, the characters were thinner than Eric Holder's excuses, and it really blew chunks.

5. Wait for blu-ray. You won't miss anything while waiting, just look at all the teasers and crap on youtube.

6. Panspermia? Don't work that way, but thanks Ridley, for the disintegrating alien bit at the beginning of the flick. Interesting.

7. Gonna watch Alien tonight with my son, who went with me today. Then we'll watch Aliens later. The 3d and 4th films were throwaways. Easy money for a non discriminating "entertain me" generation of film goers.

8. I think the critics are getting it right on this one. Save your money for now.

JMHO.

Film may challenge your beliefs. It's not entirely a fiction movie according to the ancient sumarians. Although like any alien movie, they are never the benevolent/good type, but the evil/kill us off species.

Alex Jones whether you like him or not actually has some good points regarding the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzaao300M0

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I blame the weak story on the jackass from Lost who wrote it.

And I expect it to be radically different when the directors cut hits....to the extent that the Blade Runner Final Directors cut was different from the initial theater released version.</div></div>

That's like Kingdom of Heaven the theatrical version was crap, left out so much character development and had many plot holes. The directors cut was 45 minutes longer and is that much better of a movie.

Went see it last night, its a prequel, but so far of a prequel it can have its own sequel without encroaching on the Alien series.

Yes, charterer development is a bit short, but you know what you need to know to watch the movie. Im going to watch alien tonight and see if it makes things easier to know / understand.

going to see it tonight. I loved Alien so I have high hopes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I blame the weak story on the jackass from Lost who wrote it.

And I expect it to be radically different when the directors cut hits....to the extent that the Blade Runner Final Directors cut was different from the initial theater released version.</div></div>

That's like Kingdom of Heaven the theatrical version was crap, left out so much character development and had many plot holes. The directors cut was 45 minutes longer and is that much better of a movie. </div></div>

Pretty much. There was a lot lost to the editing room floor due to foxes "No summer block buster should be over 2 hours mantra"

Disappointed!

It looked so cool in the previews but wow what a miss. Nothing scary or even interesting. The young guy playing Weland was a total miss. I do like that they answered the ship question and space jockey guy but did you notice how these space jockeys are way smaller than the original one?

Just got out of it and i agree poison, it felt rushed. It was like they got there, then everything went to shit immediately. I want the directors cut.

That being said it was a good movie, story was very thought provoking and Michael Fassbender was magnificent as always. I've known about Idris Elba for some time, it's a shame he doesn't get more roles he's good as well. Charlize and Noomi both have sensual bodies to look at in tights as well. Acting was good just felt rushed.

Definitely a prequel though seems to have it's own agenda. There are questions i have like David's hate towards his creators.

Did anyone see this after the credits?

http://www.weylandindustries.com/timeline

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qgJs7uluwlU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qgJs7uluwlU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Saw it on the 9th in 3D and when I walked into the theater I was just hoping not to be disappointed. I'd read a bunch of fan-boy reviews on imdb from the early European release and the general sense was negative. I had a pleasant surprise - personally I liked it better than any of the Alien series following Aliens, and better than any of the Predators after the original. If I were going to parse it out, the only substantial problem I saw was with the Charley Theron character being utterly superfluous, but I have a suspicion that some footage ended up on the floor that made her significant in some respect.

From a strictly consumer standpoint, there are a couple of scenes that I think really rock in 3D, and I'd recommend that if you're going to catch it in the theater you spring for the glasses and make it a 3D experience.

All in all, it's the best sic-fi action film I've seen in a long time, and I'm sure I'll add the Blu-Ray to the video library.

I saw it saturday. I def. need to watch alien again and see what i can pick up from that.

I enjoyed it, thought it was a pretty good movie.

David definitely was not programmed with the 3 laws of robotics.....

So rule 1) don't take AI on deep space voyage.....

I saw it last night with the wife in 3d. We saw it in 3D due to time constraints and movie showing times. I liked the movie and thought it was good. My wife did not like it.

1. Don't see it in 3D. There were only a few scenes that made the 3D "worth it" and that is not enough.
2. While I know it is a "Prequel", this is a seperated movie that has a tie into the "Alien(s)" franchise. I have watched the "Alien(s)" movies (and AVP), but I am not a superfan of those movies. They had entertainment value. There is no need to have knowledge of those in order to see or enjoy this movie.
3. Forshadowing is a good feature. However, this movie does forshadowing and then one of the characters explains any item that may have been presented. It's the dumbing down of Hollywood to placate stupid viewers and it really deflates the movie.
4. Character development; wait..... there wasn't any.
5. Let's see how we can rush the ending of the movie and throw several different plots into it with 5 minutes remaining. What ever can't be done in the first 2 hours, we will make up for in the end.

I think that this will make a really good (must see) rental.

I was traveling for biz yesterday and decided to take in a late viewing of Prometheus. My initial thoughts were that story and character development can take a backseat to special effects in this film.
Besides the scientist played by Noomi Rapace, who I loved in the "Girl with the....." franchise, I really didn't care for any of the other characters in this film. I am in agreement with Max that they rushed through the ending and pushed the next movie over the conclusion of this film. I am a huge Ridley Scott fan and nobody does sophisticated sci-fi like him. But I feel that he should have raise the level of fear of the unknown imminent dangers on the planet-Like Alien(s). Not enough tension.