• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle range in Venice Florida area???

our gang

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2007
Cora, Wyoming
Don't know where to ask this so put it here. Looking for a place to shoot or club to join in Venice FL area that has at least a 100 yd rifle range. thanks!

Re: Rifle range in Venice Florida area???

I know a few LEO's that would love to show you the private and public ranges they shoot on. Gotta hit the inner mainland.

Still afraid to go back to Wyo are ya?

You never did answer my response to your invitation.

Hell, I just drove by your place in Wyo too. I thought you were serious about the invite.

tisk tisk.

Afraid? of what other than freezing my ass off. Sitting here in my swimsuit with the 80 degree breezes wafting through the open french doors. There is no reason to suffer if one can afford the alternatives. Besides it's cheaper to fly to the UK from here than WY..... what I save in propane will pay the tickets.
BTW Venice is on the mainland, we're in FL not Italy.

Twas 60* when I drove through. Getting green too.

I guess age does make ya weak.

Errr really we've a Venice here in the us of a.

Like the orange groves, Sugar cane fields. Use your fucking head and talk to someone they'll let you shoot.

Ya gotta let go of that fucking know it all attitude and the corn cob up your ass though.

So I guess you're shit outta luck.

My my such hostility. Know it all is defined as disagree with you. No shortage of that!

Hardly "out of luck" found three ranges already.

As far as sugar cane and oranges go.... the county Venice is in is in the bottom 10% of FL counties for agriculture...more of your "facts"...kinda like the 1000 yard elk.

Age makes you smart so you avoid freezing your ass off when unnecessary, of course that does require financial resources...............

If you don't mind the interruption...The Manatee shooting range is within reasonable driving distance from Venice I believe. It's 20 miles east of Bradenton, so that makes it about 1.5 hours from Fort Myers? Just a suggestion.

1000 yards too. They have big plans for the coming months as well for extending the firing line and opening up the range for more handgun space too.

Nice folks run the place, safe, but not excessively so if you take my drift. I had a problem with my brand friggin new RifleBasix trigger and the top guy, Gene, tuned it down to 10 ounces for me at no charge. Even offered me some lunch while I waited! I'd be there more often if'n it was closer!

You two...

Knights Trail Park has a 100 yard rifle range, Clays, 5-stand, trap and pistol. They are located in Nokomis, a full 10 minutes from Venice. PM your phone # if you want more info.
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kinda like the 1000 yard elk.</div></div>

Jackass. I'm ready when you are. Fuck I'll even put in for the area 55 Tag next year and pick your silly ass up on the way through. You supply your own fucking horse. You ain't getting near one of mine. I have a trailer that'll fit 6. I know your wanna be rig can't do it.
Learn how to throw a hitch and pack. I ain't helping you pack your shit.

You invited me up but you aren't there. Go figure.

You don't have the balls nor knowledge to fathom anything outside your stories.

For those of you kind enough to provide useful information, I thank you.

Poor WEDA, why is he ALWAYS wrong? Last time I looked there were 12 months in the year. At least I can go back to WY w/o looking over my shoulder for flashing lights.....

I go back all the time. As I said your place looks like shit but the valley around you is greening up.

I'm going back this weekend too. Snows coming off the bigger hills and I want to get another chance or two at picking bone. Sheep are down low and some real good photo ops still exist.

Those who actually can do something without paying someone to do it for them get pretty excited this time of year. Hills are starting to open up and opportunities exist for those that arn't posers.

Cecil Web at I75 and Tuckers Grade Between Ft. Myers and Punta Gorda East of the Highway...

I have a winter home in the area but have never been personally. The fella that takes care of my house and boats shoots there and says its 100. Take what you can get in that area of make buddies with some of the vacant land owners east of 75 between Cape Coral and Venice...

Let me know ehat you think of it.