• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes in carry on

Andy T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Northeast
I will be moving down south and thinking of taking multiple rifle scopes in my carry on. Scopes are explicitly permitted by the TSA. However, I am wondering if anyone flew with a good number (4-6) of scopes at once? How did TSA take it?
Also, if someone flew that way, did you keep the mount on? I am thinking of taking my mount off, as the website says "scope only".

TSA Reference

I tried to take one past TSA. It was in the box wrapped up in my jacket stuffed in my gym bag. I told the "officer" it was in there. He had a shit fit. Called his sargent over. He had a shit fit too. I had to show them the TSA guidelines. Fucking retarded idiots.

I suggest you research how to store them. You don't want to lose zero in your scopes by storing them sideways. 🤠
Are you telling me the zero isn't maintained after removing the scope from the rings? I thought Geissele advertises their mounts as return to zero. I want my money back!
(yes they will get re-zeroed after remount)

• Haha
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
TSA allows ammo with gun if packed correctly. American airlines said they don't care, not allowed. Had to dump the ammo.

TSA allows ammo with gun if packed correctly. American airlines said they don't care, not allowed. Had to dump the ammo.
The airline is free to make any requirements it likes. Kinda sucks when you end up in your situation. And an FYI, there's usually a US Post Office in most major airports. Some last minute shipping might save the day.

ive done it several times for bigger dollar hunts..so i brought 2 scopes in my carry on just in case.

no time to have a scope get busted in check luggage

never a problem

Just flew to Washington state with a scope in my carry on. Didn't mention it to them and they didn't say anything. I also had a lighter in the front pocket and a carabiner with a folding knife in the handle attached to the bag.
TSA is fucking retarded.
I've also flown with a full metal MP5 airsoft gun wrapped in a sweater in my luggage for my godson.
Again.
TSA is retarded.
I've noticed it just depends on the day and the crew. Some don't give a shit, and some are Nazis

Just flew to Washington state with a scope in my carry on. Didn't mention it to them and they didn't say anything. I also had a lighter in the front pocket and a carabiner with a folding knife in the handle attached to the bag.
TSA is fucking retarded.
I've also flown with a full metal MP5 airsoft gun wrapped in a sweater in my luggage for my godson.
Again.
TSA is retarded.
I've noticed it just depends on the day and the crew. Some don't give a shit, and some are Nazis
Did your scope have mount/rings on it?
No question that TSA is nothing more than theater.

American airlines are the biggest assholes on the planet. I stopped flying with those assholes years ago. I will crawl on my face before I fly aa again.
Did I mention they are assholes? Why are they assholes you ask? Because they treat their customers like shit. Assholes.