• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rifle Sling Stud Picatinny Adapter

Arc Light

Sheeple Herder
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2012
    Mountainside
    Has anyone used a rifle sling stud Picatinny adapter like this one from Accu-tac: Picatinny bipod adapter

I have a few rifles with sling studs that I would like to use my Atlas bipods on. My main concern with an adapter like this is the leverage it places on the sling stud being that it isn't centered over the stud. Also, do they stay tight?

I have one and it works fine. I also have another one I bought at BassPro on another rifle that doesn't fit anywhere as well as the Accu-Tac.

Reactions: Arc Light
    Apparently, there's a couple of different standards for sling stud diameter. Check that your adapter fits on your stud.

I recently put a sling stud on a rifle with a UIT rail, and it said it will work with Grovtec swivels. It does. But the adapter that came with my bipod didn't fit that stud.

Replace a screw with a 10-32 sling stud and you'd be all set. Just a thought.

Replace a screw with a 10-32 sling stud and you'd be all set. Just a thought.

I have that on one rifle.....and then put the stud clamped on to the rail. to be consitent amongs my rifles vs having to add that to all of my rifles, if that makes sense.