• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The match itself sounds awesome, but $25k??

It's like watching house hunters on this site sometimes. "I'm a stay at home dog mom who makes money on the side dog walking and my husband knits sweaters for a living... we'd like to keep the purchase of our new home under $2 Million."

I'm genuinely in awe of the kind of income some guys must have to be able to plunk down that kind of money on a game played with rifles 🤯

Perhaps that's the point. Next year they'll make the buy in $50k and some dimwit will pay it. Pay your mortgages people, dayum.

This likely ain’t gonna be too many of the normal PRS crowd unless a group or company sponsors someone. Even then, most don’t have the training or experience and would have to invest thousands more in training. Not to mention the physical part.

This is going to attract the adventure types. Google the cost of climbing Everest.

This will either draw from outside the usual top PRS field, or you’ll see guys who might normally be a bit lower, but have the cash to spend and/or the training/experience to be competitive.

Reactions: camocorvette
I thought 10k or whatever they charged for the AG Cup was ridiculous too and they sold out. 🤷🏼‍♂️

45 max participants x $25k = $1,125,000 + any sponsorship $$$. $500k prize is mighty white of them.

Reactions: Josh1978
I just had Jacob on my podcast last week. We went into great detail about the Assassins Way match along with other great topics. Go check it out. Here is the podbean link, but its also available on iTunes and Pocket Cast.

Also, i dont know if it has been mentioned in this thread or not, but Jacob mentions it in the podcast. Recoil magazine is going to be filming every minute of this match, and they are also putting Lynsey Davis in as a competitor. Lynsey is a friend of mine and she is a hard ass and i hope she does super well. They are putting her in the match to also have the "insider" perspective of the match. She is a writer for the magazine and i can imagine, she will have a lengthy article to write after the experience. There are going to be a lot of big name sponsors of the match. Jacob mentions in the podcast that these companies came to him wanting to be a part of it. Its going to be a huge deal.

I would guess not fr
7 matches in 7 different states and locations is free to organize and run, right?
I would guess not free, although some venues are comp'ed. It is only 23 days. For $625,000 you guys can come to my place, I'll hire Tom Berenger, Keanu Reeves, and Mark Wahlberg as officials with strippers and a Motley Crue concert at the end.

Reactions: PAYDIRT
I would guess not fr

I would guess not free, although some venues are comp'ed. It is only 23 days. For $625,000 you guys can come to my place, I'll hire Tom Berenger, Keanu Reeves, and Mark Wahlberg as officials with strippers and a Motley Crue concert at the end.
"Say when" I'll be there

Reactions: EGwhisper
1598901594953.jpeg
1598901594953.jpeg

Had an awesome time on the podcast last night. I think it was a complete success. Can't wait to do it again for The Everyday Sniper Podcast in a few months. Like whats been mentioned many times, this match will be a one for the history books. There has been nothing like this match before and will be a life changing event for 1 very skillful and lucky winner. Jacob is breaking the mold for sniper matches.

Just as @lowlight said this is a perfect opportunity for Industry and Non-Industry sponsors to get in on what is surely to be the most epic precision rifle/ sniper event to date. That being said I am working on putting together a team of sponsors to represent at the competition. You've heard me on Franks Podcast, The Everyday Sniper and soon to be on the Modern Day Sniper. My history in the sniper community is pretty extensive.

The sponsor list is growing and we are getting close to hitting our mark for entrance into the event. Check out my bio below and send me a DM if you have any questions or want to support! Looking forward to it @Rifles Only

Attachments

• Roberts, Christopher Bio.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
One thing I've been wondering (purely as a spectator) that I haven't heard mentioned...how is this competition going to be scored? Will each of the skillsets be weighted differently? Scored by time/impacts/memorized objects/etc?

Only reason I ask is I think it's a very important consideration with the amount of money that's on the line, and the amount of training one could possibly put in. For example, if shooting is 50% of the score, then maybe a PRS skilled competitor would feel like they had a chance. Or if the speed in which one completes a nav course is weighted heavily, then physical fitness and nav skills might be trained more heavily. Or what if the person that comes in 2nd only loses because he memorized one less object in a Kim's Game, but had 15 more impacts overall?

One thing I've been wondering (purely as a spectator) that I haven't heard mentioned...how is this competition going to be scored? Will each of the skillsets be weighted differently? Scored by time/impacts/memorized objects/etc?

Only reason I ask is I think it's a very important consideration with the amount of money that's on the line, and the amount of training one could possibly put in. For example, if shooting is 50% of the score, then maybe a PRS skilled competitor would feel like they had a chance. Or if the speed in which one completes a nav course is weighted heavily, then physical fitness and nav skills might be trained more heavily. Or what if the person that comes in 2nd only loses because he memorized one less object in a Kim's Game, but had 15 more impacts overall?

LOL

Can't lose a point or the masses will cry, the PRS guys can't handle a miss during a KYL, so why would anyone respond to them in any way shape, or form when it comes to answering this question?

They have a year to figure out how the points will be awarded, if all you can do is shoot, this is probably not the match for them... I think it's only about 20% of the scoring. Not to mention if you think 1 Kim's game item is enough to throw you over the top, LOL, Classic

This is not about the gamers, they have their own game to play, not to mention gear will get inventoried and have to be carried throughout the entire event. They can't run back to their car and grab a cooler or something else contrived to shoot off of.

Last edited:
LOL

Can't lose a point or the masses will cry, the PRS guys can't handle a miss during a KYL, so why would anyone respond to them in any way shape, or form when it comes to answering this question?

They have a year to figure out how the points will be awarded, if all you can do is shoot, this is probably not the match for them... I think it's only about 20% of the scoring. Not to mention if you think 1 Kim's game item is enough to throw you over the top, LOL, Classic

This is not about the gamers, they have their own game to play, not to mention gear will get inventoried and have to be carried throughout the entire event. They can't run back to their car and grab a cooler or something else contrived to shoot off of.
Like I said, I'm just curious. I'm not competing, have no skin in the game, and I'm not friends with any PRS shooters that are looking to glean information from this.

A PRS match is scored by impacts, and yes all the fun stuff like KYLs and spinners have been neutered. A foot race is scored by time. Orienteering is scored by fastest time following the correct checkpoints. How would things like target detection and KIM's game be scored? That's all I'm wondering. I never went through sniper school, so I don't know what disciplines are viewed as more important than others, or if everything receives equal attention?

I think having the competitors have to carry and inventory all their gear is awesome. Not like PRS matches where people have baby strollers filled with all the gear they think they might need but don't want to carry. Or pulling a gear wagon with a moped (seen it).

I will be watching whatever coverage I can see of A.W., and have been following the podcasts and info as they've come so far. If I'm out of line for asking how a $500k competition would be scored, then I'll just sit back and wait for more information when Jacob decides to share it.

Like I said, I'm just curious. I'm not competing, have no skin in the game, and I'm not friends with any PRS shooters that are looking to glean information from this.

A PRS match is scored by impacts, and yes all the fun stuff like KYLs and spinners have been neutered. A foot race is scored by time. Orienteering is scored by fastest time following the correct checkpoints. How would things like target detection and KIM's game be scored? That's all I'm wondering. I never went through sniper school, so I don't know what disciplines are viewed as more important than others, or if everything receives equal attention?

I think having the competitors have to carry and inventory all their gear is awesome. Not like PRS matches where people have baby strollers filled with all the gear they think they might need but don't want to carry. Or pulling a gear wagon with a moped (seen it).

I will be watching whatever coverage I can see of A.W., and have been following the podcasts and info as they've come so far. If I'm out of line for asking how a $500k competition would be scored, then I'll just sit back and wait for more information when Jacob decides to share it.
I would imagine KIMS will be scored based on amount of information retained and target detection based on number of objects found or number of objects found ranged and engaged

Like @John.Warren4 said. A simple point value works for the fieldcraft events. 1 point per target, 1 point per item found etc. At the International Sniper Competition each event is scored out of a certain Max (i.e. 200pts). Then divide 200 by what ever the purpose of the event is. targets, items etc. That way every "stage is worth the same amount and no one event is weighted more than another. To be successful, you have to be good at pretty much everything. That also keeps the field even and prevents gaming certain stages.

That being said, we'll see what @Rifles Only comes up with.

Cool opportunity for sure
I recall shooting in the Bruce Robinson Memorial - right Frank? Lots of excuses from lots of quitters during the match and of course, the non-starters wringing their hands over , why they couldn't make it, etc after screaming for a match that let the competitor play 'sniper'

I think the BRM was the push you needed to dig your heels in on your pistol practice, Frank... And you and Kevin gave us all a lesson on fieldcraft

Interested to see how Assassin's Way shakes out

Reactions: CR2 Dude
Forgive me if this is published somewhere, but is this open only to Americans? I am in Canada, sitting here obsessing over this. What an opportunity to compete along side of some amazing people!

The people going on about how much profit will be made from this, consider a few things:
The gents that are making this happen are all far enough along in life a month of income could be a fair bit. Plus over a year of work designing the competition, website and other marketing costs, approximatley 25K in living/travel expenses for each staff member, insurance, site fees, permits for the competition in each state etc, and probably of bunch of other expenses that I am missing. Just saying.

P.s. My wife is on board hahaha

Forgive me if this is published somewhere, but is this open only to Americans? I am in Canada, sitting here obsessing over this. What an opportunity to compete along side of some amazing people!

The people going on about how much profit will be made from this, consider a few things:
The gents that are making this happen are all far enough along in life a month of income could be a fair bit. Plus over a year of work designing the competition, website and other marketing costs, approximatley 25K in living/travel expenses for each staff member, insurance, site fees, permits for the competition in each state etc, and probably of bunch of other expenses that I am missing. Just saying.

P.s. My wife is on board hahaha

No. Anyone who wants in and pays up is in

Finally just listenened to the Assassins way podcast with Frank and Jacob. This is going to be incredible! As someone who is more of a spectator to the sport i cant wait to see/ read anything about this comp when its over. Its going to be the baja 1000 of comps i love the idea. Definately a high hanging fruit bucket list item. Too cool guys. Thank you to everyone who doesnt settle and keeps pushing the enevelope 👍

If this was run by some schmucks in Canada there might be a risk of some bad folks showing up and taking prizes... but (and forgive me if I am romanticizing the U.S.) given that this is in the U.S. and being run by some pretty smart dudes... I would guess if a bad guy showed up to compete there might be only 44 competitors. 🤣

So excited for this, keep it up guys!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, however I was watching a docco on Crossfit games, and it was a progress / build up following 3 competitors, and one of them placed super well.

The right company, or tv channel, could hand select 5 competitors from 5 different backgrounds. The hunter-pro-guide, the LEO, the retired mil-sniper, the enthusiast and the pro-competitor (like sponsored shooter).

Have seperate film crews, make a docco series sort of like "curse of Oak island" or some other such thing.

One episode would be introductions, meeting the shooters. Next could be how they prepare. "This week agent X had a hard time comming to terms with the mental aspect... 'yeah, it's a long time from my family, I'll miss my kids, ', meanwhile Officer Y is struggling re-aquanting himself on cartography". 'its been a few years since I've done this, so me and my hunting buddy are hitting the hills for a 2 night camp out, our wives will drop us off, not telling us where we are, so we have a map and a compass to get home, and we can't use the GPS until 48hrs are up incase we get lost'.

The journey of training, learning, preparing, .. could be a wild show to watch. Would be plenty of footage, probably like 20+ episodes before the main match. So part 1 and part 2 ? Sorta like seasons.. but pre-match, during match, post-match. Post would all be about what we learnt, what we did right, wrong, how we will fix it. Plus getting back to family / reality.

I would pay $100 for each season, not even kidding. Would even pre-pay / kick starter it.

most of those type of series or pitches are filmed on their own budget and time.
then they go pitch the idea and film.
hopefully the company pics it up for the second season and pays some of the bills.

my friend was up the food chain at discovery channel about 10 years ago

best case is to use facebook/instagram and a go pro
a few of the guys get together and agree on how and what to shoot
start posting
get some likes
maybe REI send you some MRE's
and take it from there

Reactions: RS14
Technically I have everything including the correct cameras, my works can be hosted on Netflix

I have the skill and equipment to film a show, just not the time
Well then you are useless to us. If there is a stage to find bigfoot and get a souvenir from him, I'm sure you'll check your priority list.

It's a big commitment to film it, hiring staff for 30 days, then an editor and producer to stitch it all together.

Maybe next time, sell the rights to discover or history channel. This would take a year to organise prior to the event, at least.

Reactions: CMP70306
Man, to be young again. Talk about a cool idea. Hope this does well. The logistics sound like one heck of an undertaking but the folks involved know what they are doing

Reactions: davethedog