• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only Gym

Captain Kick-Ass

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2019
It's light weight! We took breaks last week from shooting to either lift or fish. Cant complain about the corner gym. You do get weird right lat cramps shoiting the mover an hour after cranking it out lol.

20190218_120742.jpg
20190218_123352.jpg

Reactions: PBWalsh
We have the exact same power rack at work. You gotta love a sweaty nasty black iron gym. I recently quit membership at a fitness club where you would get counseled if you didn't wipe down the equipment with the antiseptic wipes. I lasted 3 months.

What kinda of bad-ass was showing off with basically a Volkswagen attached to each side of that bar?
Those are rubber bumper plates. That is only 295 lbs. in the top photo and 265 lbs in the bottom.

Ahhh gotcha. Figured someone was trying to blow out their lower colon with all of that weight!

I gotta say that bench looks a little flimsy for me to get under a bar with that much iron on it.

Reactions: generalzip
Those are rubber bumper plates. That is only 295 lbs. in the top photo and 265 lbs in the bottom.

I would hazard a guess that you have maybe 1% of SH members that can bench 295 (probably 265 even).

295 isn't THAT much for flat bench but it is a LOT on incline bench! Also, if those were iron weights on each side you'd visibly see the bar bending haha

I would hazard a guess that you have maybe 1% of SH members that can bench 295 (probably 265 even).

If I were to hazard a guess you are way low. I 've done 300 for sets of five reps this year and I do not consider my self the strongest old fart on the hide.

I had to give up the heavy weights last month. 30 years of pushing them has taken its toll. It's push ups, sit ups, and rucking from now on. Trying to maintain a 315 bench at almost 50 years old is a bridge too far for me now.

Reactions: diverdon

or

Maybe not the most scientific but decent enough - a 300lb bench and a 200lb man (my guess at NA male body weight average) puts you at Advanced level lifter. These stats also are ignoring all of the folks who do not go to the gym at all (untrained).

Even it we assumed a higher percentage of SH members hit the gym the percentage of members who can hit 300 is still probably very low. If you are a lifter you tend to hang out with lifters and get the impression that your cohort is normal. A confirmation bias sort of thing.

Can't wait to get my cage down to my new place.

Dr. KIlgore's standards are pretty much accepted as the standard for age/strength. I'm near 50, and I highly doubt I'll ever bench 295lbs. In fact, having torn a pectoral (3cm tear), pretty much guarantees it.

Don't stop lifting though, you just have to be a bit more smart about it and program accordingly.

http://www.kilgoreacademy.com/freebies.html

And to keep in line with OP, I'm kind of partial to my Rogue R-3 rack, but what you have shown works.

Dr. KIlgore's standards are pretty much accepted as the standard for age/strength. I'm near 50, and I highly doubt I'll ever bench 295lbs. In fact, having torn a pectoral (3cm tear), pretty much guarantees it.

Don't stop lifting though, you just have to be a bit more smart about it and program accordingly.

http://www.kilgoreacademy.com/freebies.html

And to keep in line with OP, I'm kind of partial to my Rogue R-3 rack, but what you have shown works.
:love:I love this guy, I'm 62 years old 230lbs benching 300 for reps. So that puts me way above his Elite class!
http://lonkilgore.com/freebies/BPSTDS-Pounds.pdf Alas it is just a chart and at the end of the day I'm still just a fat old man.

• Haha
Reactions: MarinePMI