• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifles Only PR1 & 2 in Northern CA - Class Full!

NorCal Vu

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2004
Sacramento Area
Please contact Rifles Only to make your reservations and deposits.

Looks like we are a go for March 29th - April 2nd, 2010.

Rifles Only Precision Rifle 1 & 2 Course hosted by NCPPRC.

Cost: 1550.00 (Cost covers Rifles Only, Range Fees, Liquids, and Material Cost for NCPPRC)
There will be a 50% non-refundable deposit required to secure a spot for this course. Balance will be due on the first day of class.

Due to this course being a Mobile Training scenario for Rifles Only...no prize certs can be applied to the cost.

Location: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center http://www.sacvalley.org

Maxium number of Students: 20

Number of Days: 5

Round Count: 450

Training Topics (but not limited to)

Safety
Fundamentals of marksmanship
Recoil management
Positional Shooting
Movers
Trajectory Wind Compensation
Use and difference between cover and concealment
Care of the precision rifle and optics
Use of the milliradian system for range estimation
Gear selection
Weak side shooting
Target detection
Shot placement
Internal, external, and terminal ballistics
Data gathering
Data gathering and usage
Malfunction drills
Proper techniques concerning the team concept
Precision shot placement under high stress
Effects of temperature and B.P.
Distances to include 1,000 yards

Equipment List

308 rifle or other short action caliber capable of one minute of angle
Easily adjustable scope
Bipod
Leather or nylon sling, not a carrying strap
Rear Bag
Cleaning gear for Rifle
Pen, pencil, highlighter, and black marker
Two small spiral notebooks or one rifle data book
Flashlight
Calculator
Eye and ear protection
Long sleeved shirts and long pants
Durable boots or footwear
Camelback or other water system
Leather gloves
Rucksack or backpack to carry all gear
Ammunition

Recommended
Sunscreen
Bug repellent
Rain gear
Hat or ball cap

Re: Rifles Only PR1 & 2 in Northern CA is a GO!

Congrats on getting that set up Vu. The NorCal shooters will definitely be getting some great training with the RO crew up there as well as alot of fun. You guys are lucky.

Thank you Rob. I think this is a great chance for folks that do not want or have the means to travel to TX to get some world class training.

Vu

Hard to pass up a chance to train with these guys, particularly when I don't have to add on 2 extra days for travel, a rental car, and other expenses and hassles. I'm planning on being there!

Must make more bullets...back to the bench.

David.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAC READY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to pass up a chance to train with these guys, particularly when I don't have to add on 2 extra days for travel, a rental car, and other expenses and hassles. I'm planning on being there!

Must make more bullets...back to the bench.

David.
</div></div>

Exactly. I was planning on heading out to TX next year sometime for this class anyway, but Vu getting them out here saved a bunch of time and cost. I can't afford it, but I can't really afford not to, either... :) So, I sent in the deposit, and will be there in March.

-Paul

btt for a good guy.

btw...I attended the NCPPRC one day intro 9-5-09 and had a blast! Trying to learn how to post pix, but don't wanna step on Vu's post here, so will post as a new post and put up another link to this post for another bump...

For those of you who are really good at this stuff, I can't believe you'll find a better group of guys to work w/ as a host club for the training. They are OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!

They had slots open as of this week (or at least they didn't say I got the last one when I signed up
smirk.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldbeachman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll go. Where is a good place to stay? </div></div>

Hopefully someone local will chime in with something good. So far I've found an 'extended stay' place that's $40/night (so guessing $55 after taxes?) that's 30 minutes away.

Lisa,
Any chance you guys will show up a couple of days early and show us how the pros from Texas do it at the US Nationals F-Class Championships (26-28 March)? I think the F-TR team 1st place trophy would look cool on the wall at Rifles Only...

Cheers,

DC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL...None of us shoot F-Class! We do hope to be there a little early though. </div></div>

F-Class is easy, all at 600, 800, 900 & 1,000, generous time limits (a minute per round) with targets pulled and marked after each shot. The 10 ring isn't very big however, and the winds in Sacramento can be a bitch to read... I am sure we could round up some extra rifles and ammo if you want to give it a try. And I bet we could get some experienced wind readers to call wind for you all during the team matches. Just an idea which popped up when I noticed the PR 1&2 started the day after nationals finished.

Cheers,

DC

I'd shoot it, but I want one of those purpose built race guns with a 28" barrel shooting 155gr stuff like a 260.. LOL

I have shot F class twice with an AE and than that time with my Savage years ago, I didn't do all that well but it was before F/TR so I was competing against the 6.5-284s...

But if I had an F Class rifle built for it I would. It's good practice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd shoot it, but I want one of those purpose built race guns with a 28" barrel shooting 155gr stuff like a 260.. LOL

</div></div>

Frank.....that rifle might be taller than you......
shocked.gif

Frank,
I have signed up for F-open; I intend to shoot my 6XC tactical rig with the Atlas bipod (I use it for pretty much everything these days: tactical, F-class, hipower across the course, varmints and even point-blank benchrest, although I put a bigger scope on for short range benchrest).
F-Class is excellent practice, and besides there is no way I could talk my wife into pulling and marking targets for me three days in a row…
If you like, I will bring along my model 70 (it does have a 28” tube); it really likes 175 SMK’s. I don’t think I have ever shot 155’s through it, but if it will make you happy I will load some up and even put the 12-42X Nightforce on it.
Cheers,
DC

DC, I appreciate the offer, as we get closer I will look at the dates more because I know we have bunch of work around then and I would hate to say yes and then not be able to show until the day before.

If you want to have some ammo and the rifle on standby for me, that is cool, I like working blind so no prep or experience with the stick would be status quo for me.

I can't commit, but will endeavor...
smile.gif

Frank,
Not a problem. I was going to bring it along as a spare for PR 1&2 anyway. The serious F-Class guys like a lot of magnification, but I don't feel much at a disadvantage with a S&B 4-16X. Of course I haven't won an F-open match yet, either. The rifle has a 3-15 NSX NF (MOA-MOA) on it at present. I will zero and drag along the 12-42X BR so you can look like one of the in-crowd. Now about your wardrobe…. LOL.
DC

DC,
Looks like Frank might bite on your invite but I doubt very much that Jacob and I will be able to attend. We were planning on staying there a couple of days after the class to do a little site seeing. Being away for a week already is going to kick my butt so adding more days on will probably not be a good idea. And like I said earlier, we just don't shoot F-Class.
BUT...you never know.

Anybody found a decent place to stay that is closeby and reasonably priced..I have a couple of suggestions from Lisa/Vu
30 minutes away in Rancho Cordova.
Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyboby found a decent place to stay that is closeby and reasonably priced..I have a couple of suggestions from Lisa/Vu
Mike</div></div> This list was part of the info packet for the F-Class Nationals, which runs the week prior:
AREA ACCOMODATIONS:
Sacramento and vicinity;
1. HOLIDAY INN, 11131 Folsom Blvd, Rancho Cordova, (916) 635-0666
2. FAIRFIELD INN, 10713 White Rock Road, Sacramento, (916) 631-7500
3. SUPER 8 MOTEL, 11060 White Rock Road, Sacramento, (916) 334-7430
4. SHERATON INN, 11211 Point East Drive, Sacramento, (916) 638-1100
5. MARRIOTT COURT YARD, 10683 White Rock Road, Sacramento,
(916) 638-3800
6. QUALITY SUITES, 11260 Point East Drive, Sacramento, (916) 638-4141
7. BEST INN, 10800 Olson Drive, Sacramento, (916) 638-2500
Other locations in the Sierra foothills close to the range; (check area map)
1. SHENANDOAH INN, 11674 Village Drive, Plymouth, 1-800-542-4549
2. OLD WELL, 15947 Highway 49, Dry Town, (209) 245-6467
3. BEST WESTERN, 200 South Highway 49, Jackson, (209) 223-0211
4. APARICIO HOTEL, 271 Highway 49, Sutter Creek, (209) 267-9177
5. HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, HIWY 49, Jackson, (209) 257-1500

Cheers,
DC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyboby found a decent place to stay that is closeby and reasonably priced..I have a couple of suggestions from Lisa/Vu
Mike </div></div>

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-...California.html

Red Roof seems to be the cheapest that doesn't get really horrid reviews.

Just booked the Red Roof today for the class..... Can't wait!

Yep! I've got my gear scattered all over the floor trying to figure out how to pack... only 1 more day to wait!

It will be a great class. Hopefully the forecast for rain on Wednesday and Thursday turns out to be false!

Looking forward to shooting with you guys this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hopefully the forecast for rain on Wednesday and Thursday turns out to be false!</div></div>

I'm packing rain gear so hopefully that keeps the rain away. Training in the rain sucks.

Anyone know if there are covered shooting positions at the range?

Yes, at the 1K line on the 1K range. The silhouette also has cover as well. Not sure where we will be setup for most of the week but there is some cover if it gets bad (which I'm hoping won't happen).

Are you guys gonna do any classes on the other coast?
smile.gif

I'm still game to fly down to Texas, though, if all else fails.

Doing an RO course on the east coast is possible if we can find a range. We have actually looked into that a little but our schedule has prevented us from moving forward with it. Hopefully we can get something going soon.

Stan was dressed in the Rowing Team Colors this morning and looked like their Coach. Another pleasant morning conversation with the girls about their rowing, Stan, the Ladies Man, had them wrapped around his Cyre Precision.

Continental Breakfast of Champions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updates on what is happening at the class....please.... </div></div>

PR 1 and 2.....

Frank brought shitty weather with him...rain Monday. Rain a lil Tuesday. Cold as fuck and wet today.

Hopefully we get the sun tomorrow and Friday.

Doing more steel tomorrow and then 1K and movers Friday.

I am 100 percent dedicated to my wife and best friend...Katie. I will admit however that California does have a crazy seismic vibe that has magnified my aura. I have dubbed it the Bruce Willis Effect and I concur to receiving star struck looks from women, men and a few farm animals.

Stan is just a freaking pimp.....however he does not approve slappin triggers.

So, who's got the pictures?

Given the discussion, pics would prolly be of a girls' rowing team, perhaps with a pimp.
whistle.gif

Stan is one dead sexy beast in his Crye duds.

IMG_1171.jpg

You know you want to be this guy!