• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifles Only PR1 & 2 in Northern CA - Class Full!

Re: Rifles Only PR1 & 2 in Northern CA - Class Full!

I'm going through withdrawal already, I didn't have to wake up and pick up a rifle. What's going on???

I did spend the morning figuring out the sling setup, now I can both shoot from it AND carry my rifle without it constantly falling off my shoulder. A little too late for the 1000-800-600-440 run-and-gun drill but next time I'm all over it.

Jacob, Lisa, Frank, and Stan - thanks again...that was an absolutely awesome experience! Vu and the NCPPRC volunteers have my deepest gratitude also; see you guys tomorrow at the match!

Oh, and there are a couple of freaking hilarious videos on the NCPPRC site of Shawn getting hassled by Frank and Jacob. I was laughing so hard it just hurt...

-Paul

Is Lowlight present at all precision rifle courses?

Re: Rifles Only PR1 & 2 in Northern CA is a GO!

Here's a couple for your viewing pleasure....
grin.gif

What the 1000 Yd line <span style="font-style: italic">did not</span> look like during class. This was a day or two before class during the F Class Nat'l Championships. Then Sacramento and Anchorage switched places....
IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

jimzal,
Lowlight is one of our instructors and is at most classes but not all of them. He is a valuable member of the Rifles Only team.

Frank and more coffee...

DSC00325.jpg

Some roof work from support side...

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Stan Da Man at work...

DSC00321.jpg

Frank and my new Spotter 60....LMAO

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Jacob sporting the NorCal colors..

DSC00310.jpg

LMAO! Those videos are great. Reminds me of our training every month. At some point during our range days we shoot a course for a pass around trophy the winner gets to take home to his station, then he brings it back the next month to see if he keeps it or passes it off to a new winner. Anytime the COF is a single shooter course the shooter has up to 11 other guys screaming, yelling, and heckling behind him. The only time you get a break is if the COF is simultaneous shooting. Good times! Funny thing is it seems like the heckling actually makes guys focus more.

Wish I could have attended this training, hopefully the Rifles Only crew will visit the left coast again sometime.

I was happy to have had a week off to join the RO crew at the PR1/PR2 class this past week. As expected, Jacob, Frank, Stan, and Lisa were a wealth of knowledge and were more than happy to share it.

I picked up a ton of "details" that you can only pickup in a class like this. We covered a ton of topics including shooting fundamentals, positionals (with and without a sling), reticle ranging, stressfire (yes, they had us running), and the grand finale of it all was shooting on the 1K line in 25mph variable winds which tested all of our mettle.

I know I came away a better shooter and was able to clearly see where I was strong, and more importantly, where I was weak.

I made a few notes on things to work on and will be focusing on those for the next few months. Once I feel I'm ready, I will make it down to RO in TX to see how well I've progressed for another round of PR1/PR2.

Thanks guys for running a stellar class.......

Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was happy to have had a week off to join the RO crew at the PR1/PR2 class this past week. As expected, Jacob, Frank, Stan, and Lisa were a wealth of knowledge and were more than happy to share it.

I picked up a ton of "details" that you can only pickup in a class like this. We covered a ton of topics including shooting fundamentals, positionals (with and without a sling), reticle ranging, stressfire (yes, they had us running), and the grand finale of it all was shooting on the 1K line in 25mph variable winds which tested all of our mettle.

I know I came away a better shooter and was able to clearly see where I was strong, and more importantly, where I was weak.

I made a few notes on things to work on and will be focusing on those for the next few months. Once I feel I'm ready, I will make it down to RO in TX to see how well I've progressed for another round of PR1/PR2.

Thanks guys for running a stellar class.......

Matt </div></div>

Why not return for PR3/PR4?

It was something that Jacob and Frank suggested at the conclusion of the course. While completion of PR1/PR2 fulfilled the prerequisite for PR3, the PR1/PR2 class was good at highlighting weaknesses to then follow up on for another go around at RO in Texas. Once you mastered all topics there, then proceeding made sense.

With the wealth and breadth of topics in just PR1/PR2, there was plenty to continue working on afterwards.

Matt,

Come on out and shoot with us when you have a chance.

Vu

very cool! It looks like y'all have a really nice range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank and more coffee...
DSC00325.jpg
</div></div>
Why does Frank have Australian flags on his jacket shoulders?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biodegraded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I think it was were the jackets were from. Jacob had them on his as well.

Australia has a lot of pro-little people programs.

I'm just curious where Frank got the twin size sheet with the shemagh-type pattern?

Looks like a great class guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biodegraded</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank and more coffee...
DSC00325.jpg
</div></div>
</div></div>

You got something against Australia ? That is terrible... why are you so angry, did an Australian steal your woman ? Cause that would make me angry like you too...

If it offends you have about 10 other patches in the pocket, how about Canada, they are pretty non-offensive, can I wear a Canadian Flag ?

Here are some helpful tips so you can curb your anger issues:

Anger Management Tips

I have a subdued one, it is exactly like the Australian One, only Canadian... but the jacket is Australian so is that some kind of international faux pas, or can it slide because no one from Canada will want to offend me by complaining any ?

Forgive me the stereotype: Canadians won't complain, but unlike Americans they'll politely intervene to tell you what you <span style="font-style: italic">should</span> be doing;
the Aussies will kick your butt if even slightly offended, or drunk.
laugh.gif

I say it's Kosher: Aussies and Canadians are friends and allies, so if the velcro sticks have at it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some helpful tips so you can curb your anger issues: </div></div>
confused.gif

I presume your reply to my question was in jest? I'm still learning the dynamic of major posters on this site.

In Jest ?

No, you seem angry that I would have an Australian Flag (<span style="font-style: italic">note no "s" as I only have one flag on my shoulder</span>) on my jacket, so I figured you were pissed at Australia or something -- like you're angry because Mel Gibson got angry during that traffic stop, but honestly he is originally American so don't be angry at Australia because of Mel. Mad Max and the Road Warrior were both awesome and it was only after we Americanized it did the franchise turn to shit with Beyond Thunder Dome.

So, why are you upset because I have an Australian Flag ? Would a Canadian Flag be less offensive you never said ?

Frank the flag looks great on the SORD jacket - we have a heap more for you to pick up when the Rifles Only crew come to Australia to run PR 1 & 2 !

Now I am really confused. I asked the question thinking there was "a story" behind the flag. Like maybe you are from Australia, or one of the participants at the class was an Aussie who presented it to you. Something like that. And instead I came across like an angry xenophobe? I can assure you that certainly is not the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biodegraded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I am really confused. I asked the question thinking there was "a story" behind the flag. Like maybe you are from Australia, or one of the participants at the class was an Aussie who presented it to you. Something like that. And instead I came across like an angry xenophobe? I can assure you that certainly is not the case.</div></div>

Are you sure, because the guy I got the flag from is pretty bad ass... he'll fuck you up for sure, and doesn't take kindly to you attacking Australia like you have been doing on here. I spoke to him via FB and it wouldn't take much for him to come here and set you straight about Australia and what they have been done for us during the War on Terror...

As with anything there is a always a story, and really you should be careful because this story has teeth and can bite you if you aren't careful. Whatever you do, don't offer him a Forsters either, that will really piss him off. And when he makes a giant dinosaur egg of dough with a couple of turkey's masquerading as a chicken inside, don't ask, just eat.

If I was you, I wouldn't plan any trips to Sidney for a few years, until this blows over.

I thought the question was straight forward. I don't know how you construed it into "attacking Australia" but you did. I'm saying that's incorrect. I realize the Internet is full of trolls and posers, but most of us are plain, well-meaning folk. Anybody who knows me in real life would be stunned by your reply as pertaining to me. You can believe me or not. I don't have any control over that. But I am as I say, and that is what it is.

And that's how a thread gets ruined.

WHAT`s this about Canadian being subdued and non offensive, eh?

The jackets were presented to several of the Rifles Only staff by one of our students that had an "in" with Sord (an australian company). It doesn't hurt either that Australia is a great American Ally either :)!
Lisa

I can't believe no one got the joke, I mean come on I even threw in Mel Gibson and the road warrior... that should have been a dead giveaway I wasn't being serious

I can't believe no one got the joke, I mean come on I even threw in Mel Gibson and the road warrior... that should have been a dead giveaway I wasn't being serious

You know Frank, I lose most of my best jokes when I have to explain them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know Frank, I lose most of my best jokes when I have to explain them.</div></div>LOL!

I want more pics and vid of the PR 1-2.
Better have a canadian flag or something, or else...!

I know the humor in it was lost when people starting thinking I was serious... comedy denied...

How about this, we have a PR 1&2 starting Monday in TX, I will have my Canadian Flag patch on then... although I suspect the weather will be somewhat better.

And you have to sing O Canada too....
;p

I hope no one took me seriously, just felt like bitching a little

PS; you also need to get some Tim Horton coffee, that's what our troops are drinking

Wish I was burning some powder with you guys.

I'm hip to the Tim Horton Stuff, when we were up there Tim Horton was the rage... I was happy to just to get some coffee from the chow hall -- the breakfast and lunch was a big plus.

I have a feeling that has long as there's caffeine in your drink, your happy

The Tim Horton breakfast biscuits are hard to beat. That, and the coffee's hot, really hot. And Tim Bits; in a belt pouch; like the Reg. Force guys...