• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles Only vs Armageddon PRS Sling

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Going to pick up one of these slings for hunting / range / class use. Had a TAB Gear previously and while it was a nice sling it just never grew on me. Part of this may have been using it with a traditional stock and HD swivels that didn’t permit a patrol carry. This Sling will also be use with traditional sling points (HS Precision Stock) although I may switch to a chassis down the line.

If it were me, I’d place more importance on the comfort of slung carry since unsupported is so rare nowadays. So I’d go with the RO slings with the bungee.

I have a few of the RO slings and like them, I do patrol carry a bunch when I'm varmint hunting. I have not had the Armegeddon sling to comment on it.

Reactions: USMC22
Use RO Carbine/Multiuse on my bolt, no need for anything else

Same. Both companies are ran by great folks so no worries there but I really like my RO carbine slings. No experience with the Armageddon since I really don't have a reason to switch.

Use RO Carbine/Multiuse on my bolt, no need for anything else

I agree on the RO carbine sling. Nice bungee section, 1 quick release buckle. Well thought out with no bells and whistles getting in the way. The label “carbine” is a little deceiving as its long and substantial enough for PRS use.

I haven't played with the RO sling, but I have run the AG sling for several years, and I've been really happy with it. Comfortable when slung up, pretty easy to adjust when slung for carry or cuffed, and works well for offhand. Since I shoot NRL22 matches, mine actually does get used for offhand a good bit with my 22LR.

I’ve been using the Armageddon Gear sling for years now and it’s one of the better precision rifle slings I’ve used. Easy to loop up in, stable, my only complaint is the buckle will smash your hand against the rifle depending on your set up.

I have all of them. The TAB gear is my favorite by far once I got a demonstration from Tony on how to use it properly. If I had to use another one though it would be the Armageddon.

I’ve had both. Bothe are good slings. I sold the AG. I didn’t like how the arm loop doesn’t stay tight on the AG. The RO sling is made from a heavier material.

In the end it will all boil down to your personal preference.

I have a buddy who has the slingster by ferro concepts. Still trying to decide on one myself but that one is in the running.

I've been using the Armageddon Gear sling this past year and really like it. Most of it's use is for carry though and the bungee does a good job of making a 20+lbs rifle feel lighter. It's pretty rare that I actually use it as a shooting aid or use the cuff.

I have both and like both. I will say, i like the length of the RO carbine sling better than the AG. The RO sling can go shorter at its shortest setting than the AG. I would hesitate to buy either of them again. Basically, youre debating over the 2 best slings on the market.

AG with flush cups is what I've been using.

I grew up shooting rimfire with a sling and glove. Got super comfortable at all positions with just an arm cuff sling.

I like the cuff and QD features of the AG. I prefer to leave the back hanging and just use the cuff while shooting, then pop the back end in for carry. It's very comfortable to carry in any position I could come up with.

I agree the AG isn't built as heavy as some. But it's so damn strong while weighing next to nothing I'm ok with it. Sometimes extra material is just extra weight.

If you want to try flush cups I drilled and epoxied some cups into a few stocks. Brownells has 10 packs of full rotating cups for $10. I grabbed some limited rotation cups also but they were $10 each.

Last edited: