• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifles you have, but don't like.

My problem was selling shit I should have kept “this I said too nice, I don’t use it much, and I was offered at or more than I paid”.....idiot.
Yep, sold an AMT Auto mag 4 back in the day for like $450. Worth 3 times that now easy plus it ran great & threw Yuge fireballs.

I'd love to see the 45 Winmag make a come back. Pegged the smile meter on 10 every time I shot it.

Yep, sold an AMT Auto mag 4 back in the day for like $450. Worth 3 times that now easy plus it ran great & threw Yuge fireballs.

I'd love to see the 45 Winmag make a come back. Pegged the smile meter on 10 every time I shot it.
Sold my old Daniel Defense from before the QC issues they seem to have now and some other stuff I wish I still had.

I had the DDM4 V1 LW it was one of the few times a A-post is cool.
160CE9FE-BDF3-4461-BCAD-97DC1D7F6935.jpeg

Reactions: 357Max
I am not a fan of AK's. I hate the sights, I hate the triggers, I hate the magazine release, the safety.... I have shot both civilian ones and select fire ones (in the Army), Chinese, Romanian, East German, Russian, Egyptian, likely a few others....AKM, AK-47, AK-74s, MPiKMS-74, AK-74, AKMS, RPK....just don't feel the love.

My custom with a Defiance Ruckus and Foundation stock. I shoot my TRG better and it cost less to boot.

Scar 17. Light. Super accurate. Doesn’t suppress well. .308. Can’t put thermals on it. Paid too much before state level ban. Also have to spend money replacing trigger and lower so it takes pmags.

Thompson centers. Not accurate. Single shot. Forend pressure change poi

Gsci thermal. Broke multiple times. Fuck Tnvc also. They were less than zero help.

only rifles I don't like are those that I haven't yet added to my collection , and there are a lot of em left to get .

Reactions: Makinchips208
Mine was a Beretta arx 100. Loved the looks of the gun and I am a huge beretta fan. I have several 92s and a shotgun so I wanted a rifle. Traded a nice ar10, and since then have regretted that trade. I wanted to sbr it from day one and couldn't find the short barrels anywhere and beretta never sold the caliber kits like they were supposed to. Got use to the heavy trigger took it to the range and it was a 4moa gun that was the final straw. Had a cheap BCA AR with me that was shooting 1in. Soon as I got home I put it up for sell and sent it down the road.

Reactions: deersniper
Christensen Ridgeline in 308. Bought it as my do all hunting gun before I knew how big of a pile they are. Six years later of on and off messing around with it it's finally shooting well enough that I dare take it on a mule deer hunt this fall.

I definitely won’t argue this. But why use century+ old technology when you could hunt with something much more technologically advanced, like a 308? 😂

I tried to convince him to buy a bolt gun, but he was having nothing of it.

I figured if he buys what he wants, he’s at least somewhat vested in it and will keep hunting, especially now that he’s done with high school.

Some people just don't like "new". (ME).

I am sitting here thinking and off the top of my head my newest gun is a 92FS, got it right when they came out. Everything else is minimum 50 years old.

Mine is the most popular rifle on the planet, 10/22. I hate this thing.

In stock form it just sucks. Mag release sucks, getting the bill ruger 10 rounds is enough for anyone mag out sucks. New ones have too much plastic, and the QC on them is horrid. I bought one new in box and there is no way a human put that in a box with a barrel that bent, look like it got ran over by a truck. And when called asking for them to fix it first thing out of their mouth, you are keeping the stock barrel?

They expect you to change everything on the rifle. Over hyped tomato stake that needs a catalog tossed at it to make it serviceable.

A DT MDR, was one of the first owners to get one... never shoot it, the forward eject never really works right. I did get it to shoot 1 MOA. Just heavy.... it's in .308. I much prefer my AUG or Tavor

That sucks to hear. I had a Pro Raptor 2 many moons ago, and it would eat anything I fed it. One run I truly wish I hadn’t sold.
I have a Custom Crimson Carry II that doesn't care what I feed it. I bought it at a pawn shop used. I guess I got lucky.

I have a late 60s, Charles Daly, by Brescia, 12 gauge shotgun that I don't care if I ever shoot, again. I'm not recoil sensitive, but 100 round sporting clays tourny left me with a purple shoulder and dove hunts are nearly as miserable. It was my dad's so I'll keep it forever, but I'll use another from now on.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
My first bolt gun. 700 Classic. Still have it in the back of the safe.
A friend had the year prior or after cant remember, but in 338 set up like mine. He got stitches 👁 & sold it.

It’s a flinch trainer for sure.
View attachment 7957281View attachment 7957282

I was going to ask what was wrong with it.

Then I saw the bottom pic

No....Fucking....Way......I'm lighting one off in that

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
Ruger precision Rimfire 17hmr
Draco AK
Little Rascal

Had two, sold em both. My last Remington 700. Cost too much and had not one redeeming quality. it shot bad, it would not feed from the magazine and it was a bit of a kicker. I was told that if I restocked it, I might make a shooter out of it. Its history, the money received from the sale purchased my Weatherby Vanguard. The Weatherby is a real shooter if there ever was one. Unquestionably the best hunting rifle I ever owned.

Second was a Kimtber Hunter. At the time, it was a rather large purchase. Put a high dollar scope on it. There probably was nothing intrinsically wrong with the little gun. However, it was very light and neither, I nor my son could get it to group worth a darn. I suspect it was the very light weight, making it quite unsteady, even from a bench. So, it took a hike at a fairly still financial loss but kept the Luepold Mk5 which now sits atop the Weatherby. Nice scope.

That said, there is really nothing currently in our safe that I don't like. I have a habit, if I don't like it, it goes out the door. Yes I loose money on each 'hate' sale, but I feel bad enough selling my problems. At least the buyer is getting a rifle for far less than if he/she had to pay retail.

At the Schloss Nitrocellulose Home for Wayward Rifles whose parents can no longer support them or never wanted them in the first place, we can take in your unwanted rifles and they can grow up in a loving and nurturing environment, achieving their full potential.

No rifle is too big or small, too old or new. We don’t discriminate, we will take in rifles of all colors, even black rifles because they are all good and have potential in our caring eyes.

We also have programs for shotguns and handguns… because we recognize that all guns lives matter and when brought into the right situation, they will reach their full potential. We don’t even discriminate against safe queens… because trans lives matter too.

You can drop off your unwanted rifles in person and, at the same time, meet our caring staff and see the beautiful new place they will call home. Or we can make travel arrangements for those who can’t make the trip.

Do what is right for your unwanted and un-loved rifle, shotgun or pistol! Send it to the Home for Wayward Rifles! It will love you for it.

Sirhr

PS. Also accepting inaccurate or broken rifles on the Island of Misfit Firearms. And we have a fine retirement and geriatric program for your antiques. No gun should ever feel un-loved.
Send it to me! We only charge a small re-homing fee to cover the cost of REM Oil and Hoppes No.9. You will be glad you did!
I just read this post. Would you consider rehoming a 51 year old redhead…..she’s a real pistol.

Mine is the most popular rifle on the planet, 10/22. I hate this thing.

In stock form it just sucks. Mag release sucks, getting the bill ruger 10 rounds is enough for anyone mag out sucks. New ones have too much plastic, and the QC on them is horrid. I bought one new in box and there is no way a human put that in a box with a barrel that bent, look like it got ran over by a truck. And when called asking for them to fix it first thing out of their mouth, you are keeping the stock barrel?

They expect you to change everything on the rifle. Over hyped tomato stake that needs a catalog tossed at it to make it serviceable.
You forgot to mention the wonderful 10lb trigger pull. :ROFLMAO:

That’s what makes it so awesome!

It’s like shooting a mandolin, taped to a muffler and carved Out of a harpsichord.

Mozart could play it.

Sirhr
My brother had one, all joking aside i love shooting it.

Had the mechanical feel that is missing in ARs.

To me it Feels better than a m1a but behind a Garand if we are sticking military stuff

My brother had one, all joking aside i love shooting it.

Had the mechanical feel that is missing in ARs.

To me it Feels better than a m1a but behind a Garand if we are sticking military stuff
I have one too… I love it!!!

One of the best battle rifles Ever crafted. Even if it does have the ergonomics of a Trabant. Yes, I said crafted.

Sirhr

My Sig Cross. What a piece of shit, even after going back to Sig to be “fixed”. Bought it over another fix for who knows what stupid reason. Was going to sell it but decided to keep it and live with my bad decisions as a reminder.

My Sig Cross. What a piece of shit, even after going back to Sig to be “fixed”. Bought it over another fix for who knows what stupid reason. Was going to sell it but decided to keep it and live with my bad decisions as a reminder.
sometime we need to be reminded of the pain caused by previous decision, hopefully stopping us from making another one lol

I think it's a Montgomery wards 22 semi auto I got when I was in my early teens. It's a good gun and all but grandpa wouldn't loan me the $700 to get the Lee Speed sitting next to it only the $100 for the 22. We had just watched Ghost in the darkness not long before and I've been dying for a Lee Speed ever since so I've transfered some of my bitterness to it

sometime we need to be reminded of the pain caused by previous decision, hopefully stopping us from making another one lol

Exactly. I can’t with good conscious sell this POS to someone the way it is and if I sold it full disclosure I’d probably be happy to get half of what I paid. I’m just hoping someone makes an aftermarket buttstock for it that’s not a complete POS, Proof releases the barrels for them, and someone makes a forend that’s actually straight so it can be used with clip ons so I can spend more money polishing this turd than I’d have into a fix.

Reactions: brianf
I’ve got a really nice Van Orden sniper that I don’t really care for. Nice gun, I just never really got attached to it.

At the Schloss Nitrocellulose Home for Wayward Rifles whose parents can no longer support them or never wanted them in the first place, we can take in your unwanted rifles and they can grow up in a loving and nurturing environment, achieving their full potential.

No rifle is too big or small, too old or new. We don’t discriminate, we will take in rifles of all colors, even black rifles because they are all good and have potential in our caring eyes.

We also have programs for shotguns and handguns… because we recognize that all guns lives matter and when brought into the right situation, they will reach their full potential. We don’t even discriminate against safe queens… because trans lives matter too.

You can drop off your unwanted rifles in person and, at the same time, meet our caring staff and see the beautiful new place they will call home. Or we can make travel arrangements for those who can’t make the trip.

Do what is right for your unwanted and un-loved rifle, shotgun or pistol! Send it to the Home for Wayward Rifles! It will love you for it.

Sirhr

PS. Also accepting inaccurate or broken rifles on the Island of Misfit Firearms. And we have a fine retirement and geriatric program for your antiques. No gun should ever feel un-loved.
Send it to me! We only charge a small re-homing fee to cover the cost of REM Oil and Hoppes No.9. You will be glad you did!

Older thread I know, ask me if I care… :LOL:

Anyway, was I the only one to read sirhr’s post in Michael Keaton’s Beetlejuice voice like in the awful TV ad he does? :ROFLMAO:

00BCA1DA-13A1-4443-A27F-06CD9E36D0FF.jpeg

As for myself, I don’t presently own anything I don’t like. I have had a few 10/22s, and I’ve never fully taken to them. I did have a TacSol Backpacker in a Magpul X-22 stock that was fun and quiet, but that’s the only 10/22 I’ve ever had that I truly enjoyed. Might need to get another…

Reactions: Digetydog
Older thread I know, ask me if I care… :LOL:

Anyway, was I the only one to read sirhr’s post in Michael Keaton’s Beetlejuice voice like in the awful TV ad he does? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 7972962

As for myself, I don’t presently own anything I don’t like. I have had a few 10/22s, and I’ve never fully taken to them. I did have a TacSol Backpacker in a Magpul X-22 stock that was fun and quiet, but that’s the only 10/22 I’ve ever had that I truly enjoyed. Might need to get another…
Mine is fun and shoots great for a cheap build, but I'd still rather have a bolt action honestly.

I have a H&R handy rifle chambered in 30-06 with the barrel chopped to 16.75"....I only kind of hate it. Every time I shoot it I laugh at how ridiculous it is and cuss it for not ejecting the spent brass.

Years ago working in a shop I called kimber about a customers pistol that wouldn’t feed anything you put in it, their answer “1500-2000 rounds break in period is normal” uh, cum again? I laughed and hung up.
Yeah, Kimber tanked fast once a certain someone that is now running Sig took over, great marketing hype, lots of color variations on the same gun, but QC nose dived for both soon after. Sig seems to be weathering the storm better though, larger customer base thats no where near as picky as Kimber customers were 20 years ago, also mil contracts and more refined marketing hype. Selling guys on getting into a club for "elite" gun owners (Legion) was pure genius. Can't argue with the profits for Sig though, as long as customers keep lining up to beta test stuff. I owed 2 Kimbers, a Montana in 270 WSM that wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn from inside it, and one of their 1911's. The 1911 had an AL frame, and the feed ramp/frame was so soft and/or the angles were so bad, that hollow points were putting a dent in it. You sometimes see it with metal feed lip mags where the lip of the mag comes forward and dives into the feed ramp, but I was running wilson mags with plastic followers.

Guns I still have that I don't like. So I'd say this falls into two categories. The downside is you take such a beating selling a gun, they just accumulate in the safe.

Guns that I bought I thought I'd like, they perform fine, but turns out I didn't think through and still are sitting around.
  • A super heavy barrel Kriger barreled Mega arms AR in 6.5 cm. It shoots great, but it's so ridiculously barrel heavy for even a large frame AR it's just not fun to take to the range.
  • FN FX45 Tactical, always wanted one, and I shoot it okay, but the large grip with medium hands I really have to "work" to shoot it well compared to others.
  • S&W 329PD 44mag 25oz, most painful handgun I've ever fired and I used to own a S&W 500. Used it when I hiked a lot in bear country. It's a fun range party trick though, you just talk about how bad the recoil is, and guys will line up to try it to show how manly they are. I've seen guys that in less than 6 rounds with heavy loads they've ripped huge amounts of skin off their non-support hand from the backstop. Recoil is so sharp that with cheaper ammo the live rounds still in the cylinder bullets will start to unseat themselves from the recoil. Funny part is it's actually a nice accurate shooting gun with 44 special loads. The real trick is not to use the rubber grip, which guys put on because they think it will tame the recoil, but it's just better at grabbing and ripping skin clean off your hands.
  • JP barreled 223 mega arms setup for 3 gun, great gun, fun to shoot, but I didn't stick with 3 gun long so it never leaves the safe.
  • Glock 27/35 was big into .40 for awhile, now just running 9mm/45.

Guns I bought that I don't like because they don't perform. This list would be much longer but normally I make them go away or part them out because I don't want to pass on junk to some other poor guy.
  • JP supermatch barreled 6.5 cm mega arms AR, just doesn't shoot that well with any factory match ammo, 1" groups at best.
  • JP .22 AR supermatch barrel, handguard/upper, again runs fine, accuracy is not good even JP admits the best you should expect is 1 MOA at 50yds with the best match ammo, expensive plinker, volquartsen embarrasses it regularly.
  • Old 10/22 I went down the "mod my 10/22" rabbit hole, added a green mountain barrel and other stuff to, shoots okay, but nothing like my Volquartsen, so it never leaves the safe

Reactions: Robert4
Brother has a 6-7lb 30-06…i won’t shoot that again unless my life is in danger lol

Pussy!! 🤣🤣

I have two mountain rifles. A 280 Rem and another in 7mm Mag.
Once you learn to shoot light rifles, they're actually not bad. The 280 doesn't feel much different than a 7-08 or 308.

The 7 Mag feels like 3-1/2" turkey loads out of a Mossberg 500.🤪

Reactions: Digetydog

Sirhr

I should send you my little folding trigger, 22 short Velo Dog.
A damn spring popped out of it ten years ago and it just sits and cries now.

Poor thing.

I should send you my little folding trigger, 22 short Velo Dog.
A damn spring popped out of it ten years ago and it just sits and cries now.

Poor thing.
We can make it happy again ;-)

I think I actually have one of those, new in box unfired... perfect box! It was also given to the Schloss Nitrocellulose Home for Wayward guns! I'll check and post a picture!

Sirhr

Reactions: Mike Casselton
Pussy!! 🤣🤣

I have two mountain rifles. A 280 Rem and another in 7mm Mag.
Once you learn to shoot light rifles, they're actually not bad. The 280 doesn't feel much different than a 7-08 or 308.

The 7 Mag feels like 3-1/2" turkey loads out of a Mossberg 500.🤪
Getting weak in my old age lol