• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rigby bipod, anyone have experience with one

NorEOD

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2013
Hi.

New on the forum. First post all the way from Norway:)

I'm wondering if there is anyone in here that have any experience with the Rigby bipod
2nlsh5.jpg

Rigby/RUAG Bipod System review | Gear/Equipment Test Reviews | Gunmart

I'm used to the trg bipod on my sako trg21, and I absolutly love it. I'm now looking for a bipod for my Blaser lrs2 in 338LM. I have used a Harris bipod, but I don't like it. I like to load the bipod when i shoot, and the Harris, in my opinion, is not ideal for that.
The lrs2 has a Anchuts rail under the forend, and the Rigby have an adaptor to fit this, but I'm worrying that the lrs forend is to wide. It is 56mm, is this to big to fit in the Rigby? Any one have one, I will be gratefull if they could mesure the width one the Rigby where the forend is placed

It is just shy of 70mm wide, in the saddle. You will find the Anschutz adapter to be quite high. I had a machinist make me a new, much lower profile adapter. The bipod itself is very solid, and as such, quite heavy, as far as bipods go. Other than the weight, I have no complaints.

R.

I just weighed it, and it comes in at 1.12kg, or 2 pounds 10 oz, for our non metric friends. Not a lightweight by any stretch, but well built, and very low centre of gravity.

R.

Thanks!
Since the width are not a problem, I'll guess I have to buy one and try it out. I don't mind the weight. A couple of added pounds to the 338LM will only help:)