• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

RimX 20" Krieger from Keystone.
Now just need to upgrade the scope.

Attachments

• 20210304_100028.jpg
    20210304_100028.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 145
Man! I am definitely shooting low class compared to all these beauties! All good though :) I really like my little plinker and I think shooting a suppressed .22 is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Just need to figure out how to get a wee bit more height out of the cheek riser as it's less cheek weld and more cheek kinda sorta touches...
CZ457.jpeg

CZ457 24" Varmint AT-One
Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50
Vortex Precision rings (low)
YoDave trigger spring
Updated with a BScar 25MOA rail, DIP aluminum magwell.and magazine block.
Waiting on the BScar 2-stage trigger to drop!

Last edited:
This is my glenfeild model 60 i got for free. Basically the paperwork said i paid 20 bucks for it but my gunshop threw it in free as a helper to get me to buy a model 70 i wanted. They know i like junk. It was just a badly 80 grit sanded stock and the upper action with no trigger or mag tube. All in i spent 100 bucks making it a rifle again. I gotta say that it shoots amazing. I like old rusty junk guns cause they help me practice hand polishing without the fear of destroying something valuable lol.
16159223810186458171537077328204.jpg

First post here. Figure this is as good a way to introduce myself as any.

1807_BRJ_sm.jpg

My Anschutz 1807 (a year younger than I am) wearing a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR7, DIP rail, Snyder Precision metal spacers, Harris BRM, and a Bill’s Bolt Knobs candy blue steel knob. This instantly became my favorite rifle to shoot - the first time I pulled that 5018 trigger ruined every other trigger for me.

Savage Mark II BRJ with a SWFA 16x42 mil-quad scope, DIP bottom metal/action screws, Apachee trigger upgrade, and Bill’s Bolt Knobs candy red steel knob. This was the rifle that started my first real steps into precision rimfire.

Have a few other decent rimfires, but nothing that gets taken out virtually every range trip.

To illustrate the statement I made about BSCAR scope rails being much lower than the Area 419 - this is my CZ457 VPT with a BSCAR 20MOA rail, TPS TSR low rings, and an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 scope. I don't feel the need for an adjustable cheek piece or a pad to get decent cheek weld on the Manners PRS1T stock with this arrangement.

Attachments

• DSC_0304.JPG
    DSC_0304.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 116
Not the typical rifles being shown here, but they were fun projects. Both of my boys wanted their own custom rifles, I guess my obsession with modifying & customizing everything rubbed off on them a bit ;).

I wanted to start them off with something simple, that they could grow into. They both wanted “superhero” themed builds, so that’s the direction we went.

Ruger Receivers, kidd ultralight barrels, one lefty Raptor stock, one righty Raptor stock, volquartsen hammers in both, one has a Tandemkross trigger, other has a Rimfire technologies trigger.

The LOP is a bit long for my youngest, he’s 4 currently but growing like a weed. This summer should be fun, they are both asking about shooting more often. I need to get the ball rolling on a few more suppressors, tired of swapping my 1 .22 can back and forth.

04573827-9C95-4510-B63F-8944AB6E54EA.jpeg

421EACD5-CFE5-4274-8DBF-05D98017D833.jpeg

This is my glenfeild model 60 i got for free. Basically the paperwork said i paid 20 bucks for it but my gunshop threw it in free as a helper to get me to buy a model 70 i wanted. They know i like junk. It was just a badly 80 grit sanded stock and the upper action with no trigger or mag tube. All in i spent 100 bucks making it a rifle again. I gotta say that it shoots amazing. I like old rusty junk guns cause they help me practice hand polishing without the fear of destroying something valuable lol.
View attachment 7582972
Cool,,,that was my first gun. I got it for Christmas when I was 14.

Mike

Reactions: Texasflyer
Just finished this today. Range tomorrow.

VGW V22 Gen II 20" Ace Kukri Barrel
KRG Bravo FDE
VGW 30 MOA Rail
Athlon Cronus Gen II, 4.5 - 29 x 56
Warne Mountain Tech 34mm Rings Medium
Trigger Tech Diamond SS
Harris Bi-Pod with ADM Pic Mount

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 121
Just finished this today. Range tomorrow.

VGW V22 Gen II 20" Ace Kukri Barrel
KRG Bravo FDE
VGW 30 MOA Rail
Athlon Cronus Gen II, 4.5 - 29 x 56
Warne Mountain Tech 34mm Rings Medium
Trigger Tech Diamond SS
Harris Bi-Pod with ADM Pic Mount
Look forward to hearing about range day. I have the same scope, going to put it on top of my Vudoo V22 MPA (20" MTU) when I get it late June.

Edit add: I also have the same Warne rings, got the package deal from CameraLandNY ($1440) last week.

Look forward to hearing about range day. I have the same scope, going to put it on top of my Vudoo V22 MPA (20" MTU) when I get it late June.

Edit add: I also have the same Warne rings, got the package deal from CameraLandNY ($1440) last week.
Yep, that was a good deal!

Reactions: Cowpokey
Cool,,,that was my first gun. I got it for Christmas when I was 14.

Mike
I was reading a thread about shooting in the wind the other day and it was blowing pretty good here, i took it out and had no problem hitting a 3 inch plate at 150 yds consistently. Plus the 18 rd capacity is awesome if i wasnt paying 130 bucks a brick right now.... for as old as it is and mistreated as it was it is way more accurate than i can be.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have been looking as you all can see, if u dont care lets see some pics of your rifles just to give me a better idea of what i am looking for. Not alot people around here are into this like I am. If u dont wont to showem I understand that to.
Just got this one together.
the action is the RimX
The barrel is a benchmark 3g 18in mtu from bison tactical
The stock is an old original surgeon McMillan A5
Older Jewel trigger
Kmw bottom metal I picked off the prize table at the Altus AI match
Vortex gen2 my first prs scope
Spuhr mount I bought with saved up $1 bills
Harris bipod with kmw pod loc

absolutely hammers

Attachments

• 034B57C3-6C3F-4BE2-9F15-7F117FFB4810.jpeg
    034B57C3-6C3F-4BE2-9F15-7F117FFB4810.jpeg
    662.4 KB · Views: 187
Trying to get it turnt! Makes my 50 yd target 37 yds 😁
20210324_195412.jpg

RIM X action 30moa rail
GRAYBOE Ridgeback bedded Desert camo
TT DIAMOND set at 6oz.
HARRIS pod
SHILEN 24 3/4" 14 rachet med. Heavy Palma
VORTEX ST 5-25 56MM
PRO MONO block 1 PC. 34mm mount integrated level 20moa add in.

Last edited:
Cant wait for my Vudoo to show up. You guys are making me not happy to wait!!!

Anyone put one in a HS Precision PST012 (Same as Rem700 Police) stock? I got one spare and was going to throw my V22 in that when it rocks up until I decide on stock. Would love to see what it would look like.

Trying to get it turnt! Makes my 50 yd target 37 yds 😁View attachment 7589877
RIM X action 30moa rail
GRAYBOE Ridgeback bedded Desert camo
TT DIAMOND set at 6oz.
HARRIS pod
SHILEN 24 3/4" 14 rachet med. Heavy Palma
VORTEX ST 5-25 56MM
PRO MONO block 1 PC. 34mm mount integrated level 20moa add in.
Here is another long one - 27 1/4" :)
1617890676267.png

@Rimdenter You mean so long as i don't knock the target down with the barrel ? ;-)
My average 100m 5 shot group with it is 0.72 MOA and best are around 0.3 MOA.

Since I can only build 50 guns per year without having to submit to adding a 10% Federal Excise Tax to the price of everything, I always build no more than that. And .... I only build guns that I would want, myself. If no one buys this one, it won't bother me one bit. This one received about an extra 100 rounds of "function testing", simply because it was too much fun to stop. The foundation of this particular .22 LR pistol is a Tactical Solutions X-Ring VR receiver, anodized Black. A virtue I especially like about the TS receiver, besides the value for the price, is the fact you can easily move the charging handle to either side, as the shooter prefers. The 10" aluminum barrel with steel liner is from Beyer Barrels, everyone's favorite for this sort of application, threaded 1/2-28, with the Beyer muzzle brake installed. No shortcuts were taken with the trigger - It is a Kidd 2.5 LB single stage drop in unit with "sportman's" low profile magazine release. You won't find a more crisp break or faster reset in any .22 trigger by anyone, anywhere. The chassis is the Kidd Tactical, with Magpul K pistol grip and SBA3 pistol brace installed.
IMG_9398.jpeg
IMG_9399.jpeg
IMG_9400.jpg
IMG_9401.jpeg
IMG_9402.jpg
IMG_9403.jpg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

NICE BUILD
I second this! You can improve your chances with what you can find and these days I have more time than access to any kind of ammo. Not saying I have any time... And at the end of the day, a good shooter can be excellent (not necessarily perfect) with CCI SV while a bad shooter will still suck whether at 50 cents per round or a nickel a pull.

Since I can only build 50 guns per year without having to submit to adding a 10% Federal Excise Tax to the price of everything, I always build no more than that. And .... I only build guns that I would want, myself. If no one buys this one, it won't bother me one bit. This one received about an extra 100 rounds of "function testing", simply because it was too much fun to stop. The foundation of this particular .22 LR pistol is a Tactical Solutions X-Ring VR receiver, anodized Black. A virtue I especially like about the TS receiver, besides the value for the price, is the fact you can easily move the charging handle to either side, as the shooter prefers. The 10" aluminum barrel with steel liner is from Beyer Barrels, everyone's favorite for this sort of application, threaded 1/2-28, with the Beyer muzzle brake installed. No shortcuts were taken with the trigger - It is a Kidd 2.5 LB single stage drop in unit with "sportman's" low profile magazine release. You won't find a more crisp break or faster reset in any .22 trigger by anyone, anywhere. The chassis is the Kidd Tactical, with Magpul K pistol grip and SBA3 pistol brace installed.View attachment 7607300View attachment 7607301View attachment 7607302View attachment 7607303View attachment 7607304View attachment 7607305View attachment 7607306

Just got the Savage .17WSM B-Mag action back from the smith for muzzle threading and reassembled today.

i-vFZNMhB-XL.jpg

Quick rezero of the scope prone in the orchard with no rear bag.

i-WfpH2Xk-XL.jpg

First shot at 120yds to commence the opening of my annual Raptor Feeding Program season.

i-vCtBxsh-XL.jpg

Size 12 boot for perspective.

The Turkey Vultures, Red Tailed Hawks and Bald Eagles are going to love this rifle.

The action and magazines suck but with American Eagle 20g pills it hammers larger diggers squirrels. My Mach2 and HMR both work but too many make it back into their holes, the WSM is a light switch.