• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Here is my 457mtr in her final chassis. She went in for ceracote the other day. Cant wait to get it back. I will update pictures when it’s back in my possession. Here are the details; cz 457mtr, MDT ACC, Athlon Cronus for the optic.
B63B4CFF-E078-4ECC-9976-CF727D3DED81.jpeg

My "Ruger" 10/22 Takedown.

The only thing that's still Ruger is the receiver. Pretty satisfied with the accuracy, given it's a takedown. It likes Eley ammo.

Engineered Silence Takedown Chassis
Kidd Bolt Assembly
Kidd Two Stage Trigger
Duracoated receiver
Volquarsten CF Barrel
Volquartsen Muzzle Device
Sig MPX Folding Stock

IMG_0537.JPG

Finally getting back into the Rifle shooting after stepping away for a couple of years. I drank the NRL22 Kool-Aid. I am loving the sport and the people in it. I still have some of my Center Fire rifles. I have almost 1K rounds down the tube and it continues to impress me every range trip. It loves SK Ammo.

Bergara B14R Steel
Burris RT25 5-25/56
LaRue 20moa
Area 419 14" rail
Magpul Bipod
TT Diamond

Got it back from the Cerakote shop Friday afternoon. Just have to re zero as I changed rings as well. Went Warne Medium. Drop the scope a little MOE and should add a couple Mil to the reticle. Make that 400 yard on dial
Instead of dial full and hold more.
D7A5FB67-AFAF-4482-9C1E-CB43FACE88AD.jpeg
7FA63E65-0AE9-4D06-95A5-B4643531B0F7.jpeg
3659C480-9D6B-435C-8AFA-E424839C30EF.jpeg

I started with a Ruger American Rimfire for an iron-sighted target rifle project. It's not like my Anschutz 64 MPR but still a lot of fun. I might try this out in an Appleseed event if I get a chance.

I got to stop building up rifles!

Ruger American Rimfire Rifle.........................................$214.49
Boyd's Rifle Stock................................................................$224.75
Glades Armory Extended Bolt Handle and Knob......$96.98
Tech Sights...............................................................................$78.34
Tech Sights extra inserts......................................................$14.50
Timney Trigger.......................................................................$148.64
Leather Sling and Swivels....................................................$80.00
9 each Extra 10-round Magazines.................................$149.07
Total....................................................................$1,006.77

IMG_2570.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg

Last edited:
This rifle build is the opposite of an object of desire... some might say that it is the definition of an ugly stick.
Currently in a state to wring out the best possible groups from the Savage B22 Precision.
Build:
Savage B22 Precision 22LR
Athlon Argos BTR gen2 6x24-50
Weaver 30mm medium height scope rings
EGW 20 MOA rail
Atlas CAL bipod
Amazon Bubble level
Limbsaver Sharpshooter X-ring deresonator

B22P.jpg

10/22 build for NRL22

Ruger 10/22 receiver
Kidd 16.5” Ultralight Weight threaded barrel
Primary Arms 3-18x 50 ACSS scope (temp)
Victor Co Titan22 stock with Spike rear anchor
UTG bipod (temp)
Beartooth cheek riser (temp)
Amazon bubble level
8.1 lbs as shown.

63242899-1D50-4069-BB26-3DC872703628.jpeg
B612238F-61EC-415D-A2FE-32A820EE32EB.jpeg

Please do not jump on me for this question as I would like to know the answer.

Why are so many members willing to spend BIG money on building a 10/22 when very good bolt action guns like the Voodoo's are available?

Reactions: Ranger007

Why are so many members willing to spend BIG money on building a 10/22 when very good bolt action guns like the Voodoo's are available?
For me, I like making things that takes an original design and improving upon it. The bonus is that along the way, I learn a great deal about the rifle and feel confident in customizing and/or repairing it for myself or friends and family. Lastly (and most importantly), it served as a means to spend time together and enjoy the results of our research and labor with my kids at the range.
I suppose it’s the same reason why people take a Honda Civic and swap in a LS engine.
Variety being the spice of life and all...
YMMV, happy shooting

Reactions: Radman1 and STex

Speaking for myself here,

I live in California. The 'assault weapons' laws as written here in California prohibit 'features' on centerfile rifles - collapsing/folding stocks, pistol grip, removable magazines, etc - but none of these rules apply to rimfire rifles. It's their way of banning AR and AK platforms without actually banning them.

So the only way to build a legal semi-auto with 'features' is to go rimfire, and the 10/22 platform lends itself to that role well.

Long story short, because I can't build a real AR here.

Reactions: Gleedus

I would think people want to shoot fast and shoot accurate.

Reactions: Sagittarius
Savage B-22 FV w-Bushnell Engage Deploy MOA 6-18x50. Good for 0.50" off a bag when I'm patient, using Federal Champion SV . CCI-SV or SK+ does a bit better but more than twice the price of the Fed.

Savage B22 Full Right A.JPG

Marlin 60 2014 Mayfield w-Tasco 4-16x50 SF. Almost as good as the B-22 with good ammo, 0.50-0.75. 'Most' Arrowdodger mods done- Not Kat.

Marlin60 Full Right.JPG

2014 Savage 64 w-Marcool 6-24x50 SF. Reflex removed after pic, not practical. 0.75-1.0" w- 'good ammo' ;-P

Sav64 w-Reflex 4.JPG

Reactions: Longshot231
I took the Tech-Sights off of the Ruger American Rimfire. For some reason, I cannot make out the front sight like I can on my M-1Garand the Anschutz 64 MPR or my air rifle. So I gave up on iron sights for the RAR because there are not any other options out there unless one can find the Williams front sight base for the aperture sight.

Midway had a sale on the Viper PST 2-10X scope and I had an extra set of dovetail 30 MM rings in the parts box.

I shot it yesterday with the cheap Federal Auto Match ammunition. The groups were nothing to brag about at about 1.5-2 inches. That's typical for this type of ammo when temperatures get down to freezing. Anyway, I think this rifle has potential.

In case anyone has missed it the ingredients for this build are:

-Ruger American Rimfire
-Boyd's Rimfire Hunter Stock with Stippling
-Timney Trigger 1.5#
-Glades Armory extended bolt handle with oversized tactical bolt knob
-UTG Rings
-Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10X scope
-Brownells Competitor Plus sling

IMG_2622.jpg

Just finished this build over the weekend and thought I would post some pics.

Kidd Supergrade .920 Threaded 18" BA w/ rear tang
McMillan A5-22 Stock bedded front and rear and Henderson Precision Arca Rail.
20 MOA Scope base (wanted 40 MOA but Kidd only has 0, 10, and 20 for some reason)
Athlon Cronus BTR

Cerakote done by BMC Customs

Attachments

• 20210131_120316.jpg
    20210131_120316.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210131_120237.jpg
    20210131_120237.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 132