• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Just posting another little Kidd barreled 10-22 . . . best this old geezer can get out of it is 3/4 inch or so groups at 50 yes . . . but I'm super happy with that. Before the Kidd barrel . . . it was 4 and 5 inch groups.

May God bless,
Dwight

Attachments

• 071022 new 10-22 barrel b.jpg
    071022 new 10-22 barrel b.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 071022 new 10-22 barrel C.jpg
    071022 new 10-22 barrel C.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 071022 new 10-22 barrel D.jpg
    071022 new 10-22 barrel D.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 071022 new 10-22 barrel E.jpg
    071022 new 10-22 barrel E.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 071022 new 10-22 barrel.jpg
    071022 new 10-22 barrel.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 78
5DA2E7FD-D69B-4CE3-9AA4-9EF8E5FE6253.jpeg
So much fun and I only wish I’d found precision 22s a long time ago. Left hand B14rC. The 30 moa rail and NF NX8 mean, if my data holds good, she can dialed past 400 yards. Eta Glass is 4-32 mil xt. I’m super impressed with what she can do so far and eager to learn more and improve my skills, including wind calls. - I will give NRL 22 a try soon.

Attachments

• A2127170-57F1-4D0E-8A07-246FACD136B3.jpeg
    A2127170-57F1-4D0E-8A07-246FACD136B3.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
About a month old now.

Attachments

• F3DDE3BA-4295-4AE1-9619-D16DBAE0F8C2.jpeg
    F3DDE3BA-4295-4AE1-9619-D16DBAE0F8C2.jpeg
    900.5 KB · Views: 211
  • C93F16E8-5C20-4373-BD2C-5C7179BBBFC2.jpeg
    C93F16E8-5C20-4373-BD2C-5C7179BBBFC2.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 32E6267E-2115-4AB1-805F-91C9B8A8F281.jpeg
    32E6267E-2115-4AB1-805F-91C9B8A8F281.jpeg
    864.3 KB · Views: 226
Boy, am I out of the loop...when did they move the bolt stop up to the 11:00 position, and is this a newer version of the Three-60?

Just looked at mine in the box, May date with the older style. I wonder if it has something to do with them breaking/shearing?

Reactions: crackerbrown
All the RF rifles I have with stocks by Doan Trevor. Actually had to sneak a CF rifle into the photo, as the 1st stock Doan finished for me was on a BAT 3L prone rifle in 6 Dasher w/Leupold 8.5-25x50(top rifle in the pic). Next is the latest stock he did for a V22S, w/Leupold 24x BRD, then a 52D I found at an online auction site w/Unertl 16x, and finally, another 52D, this one from CMP that was beat to crap. So I had Mike Ross re-barrel it with a Broughton blank that they contoured to match the bbl on the Miroku reproduction sporting rifle.

The blank for the BAT 3L came from Jim Cloward's shop after Steve & Shirley McGee went up to Washington to buy some of his blank inventory when he decided to retire. Then in 2009 they let me know they were getting ready to retire from their stockmaking business, so I went up and picked out this blank, they duplicated it, and then installed their 3-way buttplate & adjustable cheekpiece hardware. When I saw how nice it'd turned out, I knew better than to trust my meager woodworking skills on that nice a stock, so got Doan to finish the inlet, bedding, and the finish of the stock. When he finished the job, I flew down with an English walnut blank from Cecil Fredi and asked him if he'd consider making a stock similar to the Winchester 52B Sporting rifle, which he did a wonderful job on, making custom bottom metal, and using some scraps of Bastogne to make the pistol grip cap & forend tip. He even managed to find an original Winchester checkered steel buttplate with the little 'V' widow's peak at the top, and used it to provide the finishing touch. The other 52D in the H&H pattern claro walnut stock is the only stock I didn't order from him, and has a shortened butt as ordered by the original owner. I bought a Centra adjustable buttplate for it to get the LOP long enough to fit me in prone. Another friend found me the Unertl on eBay, which I think is the perfect scope for this rifle. It's taken 13yrs to aquire these stocks from Doan and the McGees, and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything else I've ever seen...

Attachments

• DSC_0414.JPG
    DSC_0414.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Thanks guys - a significant part of the pleasure of owning these rifles is sharing them with friends, whether online, or in person. Shooting HP XC & LR matches was the vehicle for meeting both the McGees & Doan, and friendships born on the firing line & in the pits are as treasured as these rifles. Even though I'll probably never get to meet the majority of the friends I've met online, it's still great to share information, experiences, & ideas with guys like you.

Finally got my ZCO840 on Friday to go with my Vudoo360.
8-month wait on the rifle and a 4-month wait on the scope. 😑
I'm getting too old for waiting like this, Never Again! 🤨
Nice set up! How do you like your ZCO840? I‘m currently running a Nightforce BEAST on my Vudoo. I run a ZCO 527 on my 6CM and 223 rigs, and I love the ZCO’s.

Nice set up! How do you like your ZCO840? I‘m currently running a Nightforce BEAST on my Vudoo. I run a ZCO 527 on my 6CM and 223 rigs, and I love the ZCO’s.
I like it really well and have no regrets buying it.
Great glass, precise controls, and great tracking like I've always heard about ZCO.
I also find it very attractive for what that's worth.
Your rifle and Nightforce Beast are really nice too!
I recently purchased an MDT Elite grip like yours for my ARS chassis and like it very much. 👍🏼

I like it really well and have no regrets buying it.
Great glass, precise controls, and great tracking like I've always heard about ZCO.
I also find it very attractive for what that's worth.
Your rifle and Nightforce Beast are really nice too!
I recently purchased an MDT Elite grip like yours for my ARS chassis and like it very much. 👍🏼
Thank you. I really like the MDT Elite grip. I was going to buy another ZCO, but I had a brand new NF BEAST just sitting in the safe and thought it would work great on the Vudoo. I’m going to use the NF for now, but I might end up selling it to fund another ZCO.

How are you mounting your Sinclair to your rifle? Sinclair makes a picatinny adapter that replaces the sling stud mount but they have been out of stock forever. I have been wondering if this would clamp down tight enough.

https://yhm.net/accessories/rails-mounts/bipod-adapter/
I have an ARCA rail attached to my chassis. I used this Warne adapter to work with the bipod’s sling stud mount.

Reactions: ronnielee54
I have an ARCA rail attached to my chassis. I used this Warne adapter to work with the bipod’s sling stud mount.
I am a big fan of Warne products, but going from ARCA to sling stud so a Harris (or cheaper) bipod, seems like a down grade in potential performance.

The Sinclair uses a sling stud but to me it can be a real bitch to attach to rifle. It is a really good option for bench shooting except for that problem. That is the reason for the adapter. Much easier to attach to rifle.

sEcEpuNvX2ecJgYsn2ihia0PzO4zIHOkonzj9_yyqUZYYjZPfNbghAu_VU292cquANj5d88VB3sdiUGt7Rpu-FsB_QmTZL9tASTBwTZt8k3NGVqxKEAh3sWNKY1C-DdyxFTMnRjxdtk=w2400

cJXFs2bX1wcHQ7hC9xRUEjZJnjxEvz30k0hXTX0iVANzO_ouAh7dR6oonCnkml-DP7KnHqlL1nvpPv7Xdqnp76knmy5neWus31Rqs92PhYfqYCPrBYrACfkF1-JlZz6fcZZSQVmV2e0=w2400

VzsCnl8Uc7ZmpmY2uOHCPICtXY21aK_HJuSLQScoAYEjYYYilOA9SosZ3du3RjJDiVj3_LMTYsesaJ55X___0Dz8dktoimcYC2qlCXFAIhsBNNl-3cFjsJVZfsLDpwz_WAhIFGeVzoo=w2400

I had the range all to myself today, and also had my camera with me. Figured I may as well take a few shots of my rifle while I was there. It's my super cheap PRS rifle, a Norinco NS523. Originally imported to the USA in the 90's as a barreled action, and the importer had stocks built in the USA. A bunch showed up in Canada around 2014 or so with stocks from a different rifle that only sort of fit, and were probably made from leftover Chinese pallet wood. They have a reputation for being extremely accurate though, and I figured for $200 I couldn't go too far wrong. I built the stock from some 3/4" birch that I laminated into a blank, and the adjustable cheep piece is because once I tried rimfire PRS, I changed the scope to something a bit more suitable, but it ended up higher than the one I had on previously. I was doing some ballistics testing and improving my dope today, and was almost able to clear a 280 yard KYL with 8"-3" targets. I need to revisit my bipod to ARCA clamp adapter though, and get the bipod not hanging off the back of the clamp so much. That'll be easy though, just have to drill and tap a 3/8" hole further forward instead of using the one that was already in the center of the clamp.
Kristian

Last edited:
Neat rifle & stock, definitely not something you're going to see every day! Just goes to show that where there's a will, there's a way. Beautiful place to shoot also...

Thanks for the compliments. It's my first try at making a stock, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kind of wish I'd used something a bit nicer than birch though, but I didn't want to buy nice wood to screw up. The birch I used was leftovers that my grandpa had cut and planed, so it's almost like I had a bit of help on the project. I inherited most of his tools and all the wood scraps when we bought my grandparents house, and I've used bits and pieces for making wooden kids toys and stuff too. Here's the start of it, and the stock I loosely patterned it on.
Kyn7aXOfdCa8esjCmlo2lXvjcCHQJD61fLZxT515-0CekGepNDMWep6eKRnAaaextNgNHJ0PiCK5BED5WFkh0KcLXGO7j4uZnL-lP6Iy57G4SXxXvuzrmS2s5ahXThXyJa9IBhnM4u0=w2400

Kristian

Some of my match rifles, I don't compete anymore so these may be on the chopping block if the kids don't want them.

View attachment 7932175
Beautiful rifles. I love the old school target rifles. I've got a couple Schultz and Larsen single shot 22's with diopter sights that I should take some nice photos of. The one closest to the camera is a 22, and probably has the nicest beech stock I've ever seen.
YZF77e8E5TsD6FGjrZZ4K8W7S0hdJtQt8zebIfDDde9E351FJPyIO_HznQYVCfH4KjsGpjdItD8EHsD13yCOIFMPDLfBlof-x3jmfOevAH4pTKndwQrLhynB0giXSZFMXfgJFyIa8SI=w2400

Then there's this one, it's got a 1.5 oz set trigger and the rifle weighs almost 16 lbs. I keep thinking I should make a scope mount that replaces the rear sight so I can see what I'm shooting at, but if I've got the right targets, I can do reasonably good with it, about 3/16" to 1/4" groups at 25 yards with good ammo and a rest or prone.
69KnVwe78Rjaw_LeYjsTBv4ced0v4t9K3PafscynnmDmb-UvRODTfsdbnwFEG_bPUIJYUTLGuby-WOzMu496ko5dUqU_3_ZRvDI-gbM-_xD1OmM5NQsCjke_2sDKjK2igbL4NdL8Feg=w2400

kn5j5B3ltF9_ymbyTeKZltvDPAtHfVlaXkY-JsFYGbc2E5awuBZ927Ik0-A_Xo7g3a5sVvuAIgop7sGH17ahPgk_oUtOp52h4gJxwwpWiILudxHUNwVWAbdDwHICWUB3MxhxZOd69I0=w2400

It took a fair bit of work to get 50+ years of dirt and grime out of the stippling, but it was worth it. When I got it, you could barely tell the wood had any amount of figure to it.
Kristian

Beautiful rifles. I love the old school target rifles. I've got a couple Schultz and Larsen single shot 22's with diopter sights that I should take some nice photos of. The one closest to the camera is a 22, and probably has the nicest beech stock I've ever seen.
YZF77e8E5TsD6FGjrZZ4K8W7S0hdJtQt8zebIfDDde9E351FJPyIO_HznQYVCfH4KjsGpjdItD8EHsD13yCOIFMPDLfBlof-x3jmfOevAH4pTKndwQrLhynB0giXSZFMXfgJFyIa8SI=w2400

Then there's this one, it's got a 1.5 oz set trigger and the rifle weighs almost 16 lbs. I keep thinking I should make a scope mount that replaces the rear sight so I can see what I'm shooting at, but if I've got the right targets, I can do reasonably good with it, about 3/16" to 1/4" groups at 25 yards with good ammo and a rest or prone.
69KnVwe78Rjaw_LeYjsTBv4ced0v4t9K3PafscynnmDmb-UvRODTfsdbnwFEG_bPUIJYUTLGuby-WOzMu496ko5dUqU_3_ZRvDI-gbM-_xD1OmM5NQsCjke_2sDKjK2igbL4NdL8Feg=w2400

kn5j5B3ltF9_ymbyTeKZltvDPAtHfVlaXkY-JsFYGbc2E5awuBZ927Ik0-A_Xo7g3a5sVvuAIgop7sGH17ahPgk_oUtOp52h4gJxwwpWiILudxHUNwVWAbdDwHICWUB3MxhxZOd69I0=w2400

It took a fair bit of work to get 50+ years of dirt and grime out of the stippling, but it was worth it. When I got it, you could barely tell the wood had any amount of figure to it.
Kristian
What is the centerfire on the bipod? That is a very interesting action.

What is the centerfire on the bipod? That is a very interesting action.
That rifle is a Norwegian made Kongsberg 393, chambered in 308. It's a 3 lug bolt action based on the Finnish Lakelander. The weaver bases are machined as part of the action, and it's got an internal rotary magazine that can be unloaded by pressing the lever beside the ejection port. Not exactly a common rifle, and I've only ever seen pictures on the internet of one other target rifle like it. Hunting rifles with this action are relatively common though, and I've got a Finnish made 30-06 with the original version of it, while my brother has a Swedish made 6.5x55 hunting rifle based on the same action. The Finnish made one has a 9 lug bolt rather than a 3 lug, but is very similar. Turns out I tried to buy this one in 308 twice before finally getting it, without realizing it was the same rifle I had tried to buy several years before.
The other scoped rifle in the photo is another kind of oddball one, it's a Swedish made Carl Gustav 6.5x55 target rifle using a Sauer 80 action. It's got probably the smoothest bolt throw I've ever seen.
Kristian

Last edited:
Reactions: crackerbrown
Kristian,
Super cool. Thank you for the info. I'm going up research them
Good luck, they're cool old rifles. Not a ton of info out there, but there's some. I don't know how easy they'll be to find in the US, but here in Canada, we had a really cool import company that used to bring in all sorts of interesting European guns. They're still in business, but have scaled way back unfortunately, and their inventory isn't nearly as interesting as it once was. I've bought at least 7 rifles from them over the years, and have never been disappointed with what I got.
Kristian

Reactions: jbell
More of my smallbore collection. I also have a bunch of US PROPERTY marked stuff and a bunch of Winchester 52's and Remington 37's. If I am able to get up and walk tomorrow I will get some more photos.

View attachment 7932176

i am a sucker for the old classics myself- my dull black finished plastic stock rifles do yeomans work on the range, buy get a lot more enjoyment with the old classics. I am always looking for old classics, but they seem to have gotten rather hard to find in the last few years. Nice collection

Reactions: 168BTHPM
Turbo bird where is that range? looks like a great place to shoot!
nice job on the rifle too.
I like seeing humble rifles that can shoot well.

Turbo bird where is that range? looks like a great place to shoot!
nice job on the rifle too.
I like seeing humble rifles that can shoot well.
Thanks for the kind words. The range is in central BC, Canada, and about 10 minutes from my house. Steel targets out to 945 yards on the rifle range, and 364 yards on the pistol/ rimfire range. It's pretty awesome, if I'm there during the week, I've quite often got the place to myself. It's cheap too, $80 a year for the membership. We recently had the western finals for the Canadian rimfire precision series there, which was a lot of fun. There's a lot of room to spread out for a match like that when we can use the whole range, but for club matches we just use the pistol range. Here's a couple videos one of the guys did from the big match, and you can see some of the area we have to play with.

Kristian

Thanks for the kind words. The range is in central BC, Canada, and about 10 minutes from my house. Steel targets out to 945 yards on the rifle range, and 364 yards on the pistol/ rimfire range. It's pretty awesome, if I'm there during the week, I've quite often got the place to myself. It's cheap too, $80 a year for the membership. We recently had the western finals for the Canadian rimfire precision series there, which was a lot of fun. There's a lot of room to spread out for a match like that when we can use the whole range, but for club matches we just use the pistol range. Here's a couple videos one of the guys did from the big match, and you can see some of the area we have to play with.

Kristian

You are certainly fighting an uphill battle to retain your guns up there, keep fighting the good fight!

You are certainly fighting an uphill battle to retain your guns up there, keep fighting the good fight!
It seems like it's the same everywhere, were just further along in the process than you guys are. Between machine tools and 3d printers, they'll never disarm us all though. But then I'm probably some kind of extremist, the Canadian way seems to be to roll over and let the government do whatever they want to us. The crazy part is how many gun owners are ok with it, seeing how their guns aren't the ones being banned, yet. So many miss that last part though.
Kristian

It seems like it's the same everywhere, were just further along in the process than you guys are. Between machine tools and 3d printers, they'll never disarm us all though. But then I'm probably some kind of extremist, the Canadian way seems to be to roll over and let the government do whatever they want to us. The crazy part is how many gun owners are ok with it, seeing how their guns aren't the ones being banned, yet. So many miss that last part though.
Kristian
It’s crazy, unfortunately. But not to get off track nice pictures.