• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Re: show some pics of your rimfire sticks!!

200Mgroup.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

CZ452
Rifle Basix trigger
MKIV Leupold 16x and MK4 medium rings
Tacticool stock
Harris Bipod w/podlock
Custom 25MOA rail from Murphy Precision

Here is a place not too far from you where you can meet a lot of folks "into this":

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2041255#Post2041255

IMG_2014-1024.jpg

IMG_2015-1024.jpg

IMG_2012-1024.jpg

IMG_1084-1024.jpg

IMG_1085-1024.jpg

IMG_1086-1024.jpg

IMG_1087-1024.jpg

IMG_1088-1024.jpg

Customized Ruger 10/22 with ER Shaw barrel. I was going for a different look though.
cool.gif

I bet you get some looks when geting that one out at the range. Looks great.

jtb33, did you build that one yourself? Very interesting and something I've never seen before. Not really my style (get my fill with real ones at work), but still very cool.

I realize that it's not necessarily in harmony with the overall vision of this web site, so I will provide some additional details so as not to <span style="font-style: italic">completely</span> derail this thread; sorry OP.

Yes, it <span style="font-weight: bold">is</span> a .22LR. If you thought it was a .223, well, that was my intent. Unfortunately I can't afford a real transferable M249, but my kid wanted one that at least fired, so I did the best I could. I didn' want a cheesy pre-done kit that the end result looks more like a pulse rifle than an M249, so this worked out well. It's certainly been a conversation piece. It's a metal airsoft M249 that has been precisely measured, cut and trimmed to allow a Ruger 10/22 to fit inside it. It attaches to the Ruger receiver using the same two stock mounting points that the normal 10/22 stock uses, so it's in there very securely. Yes, it's heavy. Yes it's metal. The box mag covers up a 50rd "teardrop" magazine. It can also take regular 10/22 mags and the 25 rd mags. The barrel is an ER Shaw threaded barrel and I added a roller-style charging handle to the Ruger. The .223 belt is purely aesthetic.

JTB that has got to be one of the coolest things i've seen.

If there's one thing that Airsoft has done for the shooting industry is to provide us with a limitless supply of 'stuff' that can be cannabalized for .22 use.

Too bad it isnt legal over here or i'd be having a field day...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remoah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JTB that has got to be one of the coolest things i've seen.

If there's one thing that Airsoft has done for the shooting industry is to provide us with a limitless supply of 'stuff' that can be cannabalized for .22 use.

Too bad it isnt legal over here or i'd be having a field day... </div></div>

Thats what I was thinking... you can technically get 10/22's down here Remoah, but its just a bitch because you need a different licence... Damn Johny Howard!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and it looks bad-ass as hell.</div></div> Definitely agree there and the fact that it was for your kid makes you the coolest dad ever!

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

And in action.. not me shooting.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vc_FiKfkv0E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vc_FiKfkv0E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
200Mgroup.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

CZ452
Rifle Basix trigger
MKIV Leupold 16x and MK4 medium rings
Tacticool stock
Harris Bipod w/podlock
Custom 25MOA rail from Murphy Precision

Here is a place not too far from you where you can meet a lot of folks "into this":

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2041255#Post2041255 </div></div>

That's quite the setup for a rimfire. I take it that it's not a .22LR. Is it a .17 HMR?

Eh, what the hell...
10/22 - KIDD Match 20" - VQ Trigger - Boyd Tacticool - Weaver T24
2723160216_large.jpg

Remmy 40XB - AICS Chassis - TPS Rings/Base - Super Sniper 16X

2723164009_large.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Remmy 40XB - AICS Chassis - TPS Rings/Base - Super Sniper 16X

2723164009_large.jpg
</div></div>

Those are rimfire rifles?!

Reactions: Big Bo

Mine...

DSCN0562.jpg

My sons youth size.....he had a good time helping bed and paint

5c3f676c.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Black one is... the other (tan) is a .308 </div></div>

I know this is a picture thread, but the SS on your rimfire is at least a 10x optic. How far can you accurately shoot it? Is it a .22LR or a .17HMR, or something else?

Remington 40-XB, Hart Barrel, Kenyon trigger, bedded in a CMP take off stock, Unertl 32X Programmer 200.

junker.jpg

Remington 37, Freeland stock, Anschutz 1913 buttplate, Canjar LP trigger, Unertl 20X.

rem37.jpg

Reactions: Sandhog308

DFOOSKING, I like your style. That's a real nice "pick me up".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kejones1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking as you all can see, if u dont care lets see some pics of your rifles just to give me a better idea of what i am looking for. Not alot people around here are into this like I am. If u dont wont to showem I understand that to. </div></div>
This post and the following three show some of mine:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Kimber Model 82C "Super Classic":</span></span>
82CFullRSProfile8x6.jpg

82CLSProfile8x6.jpg

82CRSProfileOB8x6.jpg

82CBoltRockerSafetyCU8x6.jpg

82CBoltRelease8x6.jpg

82CFloorplate8x6.jpg

Kimber82CPlacard8x6.jpg

Keith

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Kimber Model 82C "Classic", wearing a PMII 5-25X 0.1 MIL Gen 2 XR CCW + 2" USO ARD in NEAR rings on top of my brand new Murphy Precision 25 MOA Two Piece Base. The PMII and Mark 4 rings will be transferred over to my 40X .22LR Repeater clone when the action becomes available and I can get it built. It will be a complete, full-size .22LR version of My Tac Ops X-Ray 51:</span></span>
Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XRS8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XLS8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XRS45DCloseup8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25XLS45DCloseup8x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X38x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X18x6.jpg

Kimber82BMurphyPrecisionPMII5-25X28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">SS Murphy Precision Two-Piece 25 MOA Base for the Kimber of Oregon Model 82 "Roundtop" Receiver shown with SS screws:</span></span>
MurphyPrecisionKimber82AB25MOATwo-PieceBase28x6.jpg

A big thumbs-up to Cameron Murphy for machining the two-piece picatinny base for me. For more info and close-up photos of the Murphy Precision 25 MOA Two-Piece Rail, check-out my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Murphy Precision Kimber Model 82A/B 25 MOA Base"</span></span> thread.

Keith

Below is my full-custom MOA 10/22 wearing various scopes. It wore a S & B PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR CCW w/Seekins High rings on top of a shortened EGW Extended 20 MOA Rail while I waited for my X-Ray 51.

<span style="font-weight: bold">EGW 20 MOA Extended Picatinny Rail on custom MOA 10/22 w/threaded Kidd barrel - no V-Block!</span>
MOA1022BarreledAction8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">My full-custom MOA 10/22 wearing a PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR CCW w/Seekins Highs on top of shortened EGW Extended 20 MOA Rail:</span></span>
MOA1022SBOverkill8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillRS8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillLS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Wearing Falcon Menace 4-14X 44mm FFP w/Seekins Lows on top of shortened EGW Extended 20 MOA Rail:</span></span>
MOA1022wFalcon4-14XRS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Wearing Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40 SFP w/Leupold PRW Lows on Tactical Solutions 15 MOA Picatinny Rail:</span></span>
MOACustom102258x6.jpg

MOACustom102238x6.jpg

MOACustom102228x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">A few specifics:</span>

MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Receiver w/ Front & Rear lugs, threaded 3/4-16
Kidd SS 19.25" barrel threaded into receiver (3/4-16) - no shitty V-Block!
Volquartsen SS CNC Bolt and CS Spring w/Power Custom SS Guide Rod
Kidd Two-Stage Trigger in Silver - set to 1 lb. 1st Stage / 8oz. 2nd Stage
Kidd SS Receiver Pin Kit and Kidd Recoil Buffer
McMillan Sporter Stock, Molded-in 75% Black/25% Dark Grey, inletted to accept Rear Lug and Rear Hold down screw to allow free-floating barrel. BC opened to 1" to free-float barrel
Harris BRM-S w/KMW PodLoc
</span>

Keith

UPDATE EDIT: Well, after nearly eleven (11) years since my original post in this thread, I found this thread after updating & upgrading my TacSol / LWRC AR-22 last year, so I've updated this post and it's photos too. Below are the specs of the latest iteration of my TacSol / LWRC AR-22, which now mimicks an FDE LWRC D.I. The Upper receiver is an FDE LWRC D.I., the Lower receiver is an Ambi FDE LWRC M6, the barrel is a 16.1" Tactical Solutions .22 caliber Rock Creek, and the BCG is a hardened 416 SS Tactical Solutions unit I bought used from "crossgun" back in March 2010.

TacSol / LWRC IC AR-22 Upper Components:
LWRC IC D.I. Upper Receiver & Monoforge Handguard Assembly
Tactical Solutions 16.1" (.22LR) Rock Creek barrel
Tactical Solutions 416 Stainless BCG
LWRC 9T Barrel Nut
LWRC 4-Prong Flash Hider + Cone Washer
FDE Troy BUIS Front & Rear
LWRC Ambidextrous Charging Handle
LWRC Picatinny Rails (3" Left Side, 2x3" Bottom, 2" Right Side), CeraKoted
LWRC QD Mount Left Side, CeraKoted
FDE LWRC Rail Panels (3-Hole Panel Left Side, 4-Hole & 2-Hole Right Side)
FDE LWRC Hand Stop (Bottom)

Lower Receiver Components:
LWRC M6 Ambidextrous Lower Receiver
LWRC Ambi QD Mount (replaces End Plate)
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
FDE Gen 1 MIAD w/F4 Frontstrap (has Integrated Enhanced Trigger Guard)
Dual Short Lever Noveske/Magpul Ambi STS
FDE LWRC Compact Stock
LWRC H2 Buffer
LWRC 7075-T6 Buffer Tube, CeraKoted
Tubb Flatwire Buffer Spring

Bright sun Troy BUIS only:

In subdued light with MRO Patrol in FDE ADM Full Co-Witness QD Mount+FDE Tango Down Vertical Grip, stock collapsed:

In subdued light with MRO Patrol in FDE ADM Full Co-Witness QD Mount+FDE Tango Down Short Vertical Grip, stock extended:

Keith

Last edited:
Reactions: ManOnFire.308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That's quite the setup for a rimfire. I take it that it's not a .22LR. Is it a .17 HMR?</div></div>

Then you would take it wrong
smile.gif
That is a 22lr and that is a group at 210yds on steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this is a picture thread, but the SS on your rimfire is at least a 10x optic. How far can you accurately shoot it? Is it a .22LR or a .17HMR, or something else? </div></div>
Tying in to ^^^ it is a .22 LR - how far I can shoot with it accurately is subjective! LOL! It averages MOA at 100 yards. The Super Sniper is a 16X variety. My eyes suck!

DFOOSKING - BOOO!!!! and YAY!!!! at the same time...

~ Rico

Here are some of mine
CZ452V

CZ452V (4) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

New to me CMP Kimber 82G

Kimber 82G (5) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Spikes dedicated AR22

Spikes22 (4) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

CMP Mossberg M44

Mossberg M44 (3) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Heirloom Marlin 81DL

marlin81 (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Kimber Rimfire Target

IMG_3208 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Ruger Single Six

Ruger SS (5) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

My sons guns
Ruger 10/22

nadak (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Henry Lever action

Henry 22 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

USMCCHET, do you know what peeps are on your CMP Kimber 82G?

Thanks,
-Dylan

Aries, thats a nice upper, how much did it set you back in the end if you don't mind me asking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USMCCHET, do you know what peeps are on your CMP Kimber 82G?

Thanks,
-Dylan </div></div>

Other than that they are made in Austria no Dylan. I have yet to fire it as I just got it this week

MEAT

What rifle is that and what details can you give me on the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aries, thats a nice upper, how much did it set you back in the end if you don't mind me asking. </div></div>
Thank you. It set me back quite a bit - $880.00 as pictured, but I also have a Larue LT690 F.U.G. and a Larue LT706+ Harris BRM-S Combo for it, as well as a Magpul UBR and a Full MIAD to go on a lower to mimick my LWRC M6A2-S upper on my Pre-Ban lower. I just need a stripped lower and an AR Gold Trigger and I can complete my AR22 project. I just don't have a second ACOG TA11...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">MRE LWRC M6A2-S upper w/OD & Black UBR, OD MIAD, TD Rail Covers, Trijicon TA11 w/Larue LT-100, & LT-706 + KMW PodLoc:</span></span>
LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulRSRAACOG28x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulRSRABUIS28x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulLSRAACOG28x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulLSRABUIS28x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulRSACOG28x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulRSBUIS28x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulLSACOG8x6.jpg

LWRCM6A2-SMREMagpulLSLSBUIS28x6.jpg

Keith

Reactions: ManOnFire.308

Here is my Sako quad with di-products picatinny rail and straight grooves bolt handle. Leupold qrw rings and a Nikon Monarch III 5-20x44SF with BDC-recticle. I've got all four barrels: 22lr, 22wm, 17mach2 and the superb 17hmr.

quad1.jpg

quad2.jpg

quad3.jpg

Here's a classic for you guys!
My favorite rifle in the bunch.
My father gave me this gun for Christmas a few years ago.

This thing is an absolute tack driver with anything I have put threw it.
1dbc3ab6.jpg

d9aba327.jpg

0f12f08a.jpg

1887b024.jpg

a425ccd4.jpg

8cec5ea2.jpg

2c10d09a.jpg

Couldn't get a clear pic through the old glass

5e868975.jpg

right on jb33 it look awsome nice work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a classic for you guys!
My favorite rifle in the bunch.
My father gave me this gun for Christmas a few years ago.

This thing is an absolute tack driver with anything I have put threw it.

Couldn't get a clear pic through the old glass</div></div>
Dantrom, that is as cool as snot on a frozen flagpole.
cool.gif

MEAT4272, I've been curious about the PDC stocks; how do you like it? How is it shooting with a metal stock in the cold? I was thinking of using one of their stocks for one of my centerfires.

Nice set-up btw.

this is my Savage 17HMR, tacticool stock, VX1 3-9x40. It's a lovely little gun.

scope%20007.jpg

tg1.jpg

Logo below for a little Aussie flavour

tg2.jpg

Cheers,
Greg

misc20109-Version2-1.jpg

Savage TR. Stock modified to match Manners T2. Nikon Monarch x 4-16 x 50
Pillar bedded, 1/8 inch bottom metal. Remove studs and installed flush cups for sling.

I wanted to create an accurate versatile rifle. I wanted a rifle that coud be used for around the ranch and as a truck gun for critters. I wanted the ability to scope it for 100 yard precision work. And the option to shoot irons

misc201023-Version2.jpg

scoped precision option
misc201017-Version2.jpg

Iron sighted

misc201029.jpg

red dot allows 10- 50 yards with 60grain Augila SS DEADLY on critters to 40lbs

haptoshoot what stock is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haptoshoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Savage TR. Stock modified to match Manners T2. Nikon Monarch x 4-16 x 50
Pillar bedded, 1/8 inch bottom metal. Remove studs and installed flush cups for sling. </div></div>

What kind of coating is on those rifles?

both the 10/22 and the savage are sitting in boyds tacticool stocks. I modified both stocks to mimic the Manners T2 that I have for my 308.

Finish was removed. Profil of the butt was altered using fiberglass bondo and wood. studs were replaced with flush cups for the sling. Grip traction added using textured epoxy. Action pillar bedded, barrel free floated. Five coats of OD Green Krylon and 3 coats of matt clear.

Turned out to be a great way to stay busy on the days the range was closed this winter!

Hmmm, I would've never guessed that was krylon,I was guessing duracoat/cerakote. Very nice rifles!

All Metal treated with Bownells Alumahide. I needed something to protect the metal and prevent corrosion, and did not want to spend a ton of money. I've used it in past and found it is durable except it will nick when scraped on hard object like metal, rock ect... however its better than bare metal and is easily touched up once a year for guns I carry and shoot weekly.