• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

I dig it. Specs?

Savage Mark II FSVR
Boyds Tacticool Stock
SilencerCo Sparrow
.2" spacer nut
Trigger guard and New Mag Plate from MidwayUSA
GroveTech Flush Cup Mounts
Warne QD Rings
White Tail Classic 1.5-5X20
Truner Saddlery National Match Sling
Flush Cup Sing Swivels

The Stock is done in "gunstock" stain, high gloss lacquer, and finished with MarineTex texturing in the gripping areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: rimfire22lr
Thats freakin' sweet, dude.
Ive got a TS NM 1-1/4" sling on my 513t. Nicest sling Ive ever used. Hows it shoot?

I agree that rifle is sweet man.

Really digging the wood and black look of it. Reminds me of a WWII rifle for some reason.

Yeah, kinda has a TKIV 85 vibe to it.....

Threw this together for Pops, for Fathers Day. I think he'll be tickled.
0609131349_zpse97a62bd.jpg

0609131348_zps83b15714.jpg

Wearing a junker Tasco for now. If it works for him, fine, he can have it, but I'd prefer to see him put something better on it. The Tasco is really just a placeholder, IMO.
Remington 513T, early production, 8xx serial number. Picked up at a small local show for a song. Was looking for a shooter, not a collector, and this one fit the bill perfectly because someone had long-ago D&T'd it for one of the old school weaver side mount bases. Didn't feel a bit bad about D&Ting it for a set of real Weaver bases. Refinished the stock with Tru-Oil and Minwax "Natural" stain. Pics don't do it justice. Gloss from the ru-oil makes the tiger-stripe grain you see on the passenger-side fore-end really "pop" in the sunlight. You see different grain from different angles that you look at it.

More here......
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...tion/195637-fathers-day-513t.html#post2546758

Last edited:
Here's Mine:

Ruger 10/22 Custom:
* T-Rex 10/22 Laminated Stock in Black, Free Float
* Green Mountain Barrel, 20in, .920 Diam Full Taper, Fluted
* Volquartsen Compensator
* Kidd Trigger Group
* Kidd Bolt
* Kidd Charging Handle
* Kidd Bolt Buffer
* Burris Elite 3x9x40 Scope

mkii fvsr, leopard stock, dip metal and 25moa rail.

50yard group

100 yard group (grid squares are 1 1/2")

40XB with Tac Ops 45 MOA Two-Piece Base and PMII 5-25X[56] 0.1 MIL CCW Gen 2 XR + USO ARD

I’ve posted photos of some of my other .22s’ (see page 1 of this thread), but not of my 40XB, which I bought off of another Hide’ member last December. However, it wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago that I got the Tac Ops Two-Piece 45 MOA base I wanted. I mounted a PMII 5-25X[56] 0.1 MIL CCW Gen 2 XR with USO ARD on it (the same exact PMII setup I have on my X-Ray 51 and another rifle). The combination of the 40XB's low comb and the 45 MOA base gives me more of a chin-weld, so I need at least a stock pack to raise my eye inline with the reticle. I had some 40gr. Winchester T22 and I knew it was a little too windy for what I consider a solid zero, but dying to shoot my 40XB I rushed-out to the range for a little bit last week.

Zeroed at 100 yards with 40gr. Winchester T22 I can still dial a full 26 MILs', (theoretically that gets me out to about 500 yards, but from previous experience I only shoot to 400 yards on torso-size targets). While I never shoot closer than 100 yards I think I might re-zero at 50 yards just so I don't have to guess hold-under if I ever have occasion or reason to shoot that close. I really need some 40gr. Wolf MT and a windless day at the range so I can get a rock-solid zero and see what my 40XB will really do. Below are some photos of my 40XB mounted-up as well as some of the Tac Ops Two-Piece 45 MOA base before and after mounting.

Keith

Last edited:
Here is mine..pretty plain by comparison to some the 22's here.

cz455-rs2.jpg

cz455-rs.jpg

I also have a Mod 1 BRNO which is a sweet little rifle that I should get pics of one day. Lot of sentimental value in that one as it was the rifle my dad first took me shooting with.

If this rifle is ever for sale, please let me know. Outstanding job!

Not as "tactical" looking or the such as a lot of rifles but here is mine at the moment. This was actually my first rifle ever, bought it when I was in middle school many many many years ago. I've been shooting it a ton the last month or so, trying to get it dialed in to be as accurate as possible. Snapped this picture an hour ago or so in the yard as I was testing some things. With the least accurate ammo in this rifle (Aquila subsonic) it was shooting 3-4" groups at 50 yards a couple weeks ago but after some tweaking here and there tonight I shot 6 groups of 5 rounds each that averaged just under an inch. Not great, not even really good, but for the worst ammo this rifle eats and considering what it was doing I'll take it. I have some other ammo's yet to test and a brick of SK Standard Plus to be here Friday so we'll see how that goes. I've honestly done enough "testing" and "tweaking" over the last week which is documented that it would create on hell of a thread.

1026166_4361836823097_546258445_o.jpg

thanks.

its Angeles in Los Angeles, CA

normally im chilling at the pistol bay area letting the kids shoot my toys

this is the rifle side that has up to 600 yard steel targets. i also go there to shoot at the 200-300 yd steel targets for the .22's
IT_RifleRange.jpg

Last edited:
I got an email from mo1826. I didn't see groups but he said it was shooting really well. Glad to hear that. Since I only shoot benchrest I'm trying to decide if I should sell one or both my repeater conversions. Just have to figure out how to price them. Wayne

Not too exciting compared to some of the custom builds in this thread, but I'll post a few pics to help with my quest towards 100 posts. I've been very happy with this savage for the money invested. Its been shooting great for me with wolf and CCI sv. Its got a DIP 20 moa base and bottom metal, seekins rings, and a swfa 12x. I tried a rifle basix trigger upgrade and I was pretty disappointed with it, so I went right back to the factory trigger.

I really like the looks of those 40x rifles you guys have built up. Can you tell me, did they ever offer the 40x in a LEFTY?

Not that I've ever heard of and I've seen quite a few on here and owned 2. Trying to think but I don't Remington offered a LH target rimfire rifle since the 541 series and even then I'm not positive.

Trust me, if that Savage shoots alright...you'll appreciate its weight and being a repeater more than the 40X's aesthetics and accuracy. For a field gun...shooting off ledges, walls, offhand etc the 40X in standard trim is a handful. Now a custom 16" suppressed one that has been converted to repeater...that wouldn't be so bad.

Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to try to figure out an AI stock for my rimfire to match my main center-fire rifle as far as ergonomics and training goes. I may have to look into the airsoft "AI" stocks for the savage. Otherwise, I was thinking of spending some money and trying to make a step up from the savage accuracy. If I'm going to go that route, it'd be nice to have a lefty... Sounds lefty's are tough to find in a rimfire.

Marlin 17VS bedded in a Boyd's stock. Scope is S&B 3-12x50 PMII P with P4 sitting in an AI 18 moa mount. Haven't gotten around to painting the scope and mount yet, just got it on the rifle.

Last edited:
Savage action, Green Mountain taper fluted barrel, rechambered with a match reamer, threaded the muzzle, bedded it in a Boyds, 20moa rail, made a thicker steel bottom metal piece, 16x Mil/Mil SWFA, and did trigger job on it. I need to sandblast it down and reblue it again, but that will have to wait.

if5l.jpg

Savage action, Green Mountain taper fluted barrel, rechambered with a match reamer, threaded the muzzle, bedded it in a Boyds, 20moa rail, made a thicker steel bottom metal piece, 16x Mil/Mil SWFA, and did trigger job on it. I need to sandblast it down and reblue it again, but that will have to wait.

if5l.jpg
How does it shoot with that green mountain barrel on it, I assume pretty well.

It shoots very well actually. So much, that I prefer to play around with my Savage more than my 40xb. There isn't much of an accuracy difference between the two, but the Savage is immensely lighter and more of a joy to go out to a P-Dog field with. If I can find some ammo here soon I can get some 5 round groups posted up to show how it does.

1956 Rem 40x 22lr serial #15xx in very minty condition

100 yards with Midas +

Rem 40x serial # 15xx

Put 40x in a Roebertson Composite benchrest stock, bedded, added a Jewel at 2oz did not want to bed original stock its shoots better in this combination.

My backyard trainer is complete!

null_zps1069b2c4.jpg

im about to have my CZ455 in Manners with a varmint barrel threaded and possibly cut down about an inch and a half. Did you cut your barrel any or did you leave it the same length? Great looking set-up!