• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Rolltide, very nice collection! Which is your favorite and why? I know which would be mine as I have been lucky enough to have owned everyone of those rifles at one point in time.

My new CZ 455 in 17hmr with a McMillan stock.
DSC02541.JPG

DW

Remington 40XB .22lr, McMillan HTG M40A1 stock, Winchester bottom metal, Rock Creek barrel, Redfield 3x9x40 USMC M40 Edition,
Ron Brown leather sling.
DSC02502.JPG

This is my favorite .22
DW

Last edited:
Rolltide, very nice collection! Which is your favorite and why? I know which would be mine as I have been lucky enough to have owned everyone of those rifles at one point in time.

My favorite is my 54.18, mainly because it took me years to find one. The Sako's are a lot of fun though. I didn't have it with me that day at the range, but I have a lot of fun playing with my KIDD also. What's been your favorite of the one's you've owned?

My new 22 for the Eley Practical Rimfire Challenge at Peacemaker in WV. I was previously using a CZ455 VPT with a Primary Arms R-Grid Scope.

Ruger 10/22
KIDD ULW Barrel, KIDD Single Stage Trigger, Victor Company Titan Stock, Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 MRAD EBR-2C

Attachments

• photo71774.jpg
    photo71774.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 84
My Ruger 10/22 that I use for most things. It has a Volquartsen bolt, Green Mountain Barrel, Power Custom and Volquartsen parts in the fire control group, EGW 20 MOA base, NF 2.5-10X42, NF UL rings, all of it sitting in Titan stock. It shoots pretty well too.

3.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 131
Found some time to put some round though it. I'd say It shoots well enough with SK Standard Plus.

Attachments

• photo73066.jpg
    photo73066.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 113
  • photo73067.jpg
    photo73067.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 98
Here is my PWS Summit in a Titan Stock with Cheek riser, dipped in Kuiu Verde Camo. Nikon Glass on top

Attachments

• photo75591.jpg
    photo75591.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 111
Re: show some pics of your rimfire sticks!!

OK, folks, only those close to me know what a twisted & OCD guy I am, but here's something for the rest of you. About six (6) years ago I posted photos of a dedicated "Frankenstein" TacSol / LWRC AR-22 I built up. I got tired of the BLACK (anodized) gun, so I had it CeraKoted an MRE/FDE mix. Really cool, but after I bought my first (LWRC) M6IC Enhanced in FDE I wanted the narrower profile Rail of the ICs' for my AR-22. LWRCs' original ("Legacy") Gas Piston SPR Rail was an option, but unlike LWRC's ICs', the Legacy SPR has an obvious Receiver-to-Extension junction.

Now, since the AR-22 has no need for a Gas Block or Gas Tube and I wanted to extend the sight radius to 12" to mimic the M6IC Enhanced's sight radius, I longed for a DI Upper to use as a donor for my latest evil plan. I bought an FDE LWRC D.I. Upper and pulled the 16" Spiral-Fluted 1:7 Twist 5.56 NiCorr Barrel off, then installed a Tactical Solutions M4 AR-22 Barrel Assembly and hardened SS TacSol BCG into the Upper. As with my 5.56 M6ICs' I installed FDE Troy BUISs', FDE LWRC Rail Covers, and CeraKoted Picatinny Rails.

The Lower is a pre-"IC" designation, fully-ambidextrous LWRC M6 Lower I had laying around with a LWRC H2 Buffer & Tube, Tubb Flatwire Buffer Spring, Geissele SSA-E trigger, and Dual Long Lever Noveske STS. Since the AR-22 is a rimfire I get to keep all the "evil" features in California too.

Note for those of you who give a crap: factory-CeraKote LWRCs' are "Magpul FDE" (not "FDE").

UPDATE 5/20/2021: My TacSol LWRC in it's 4th iteration (see first two photos). I swapped-out the M6IC DI Handguard (see last two photos) for the Handguard of an M6IC-A2 Gas Piston. The Quad Rail is a bit larger diameter and the due to the sight radius is 2" shorter since the BUIS sits at the end of the Rail instead of on the gas block like on an M6IC Enhanced, but I like the look of the shorter A2 handguard (see the first two photos).

TacSol/M6IC-A2 AR-22 Components:

Upper Receiver Group:
Tactical Solutions 416 Stainless BCG
Tactical Solutions 16.1" (.22LR) Rock Creek barrel
LWRC 9 Tooth Barrel Nut
LWRC "IC DI"-marked 7075-T6 FDE Upper Receiver
LWRC M6IC-A2 7075-T6 FDE 9" Monoforge Handguard
FDE Troy HK Front BUIS
FDE Troy Round Rear BUIS
LWRC Ambi Charging Handle
LWRC 4-Prong Flash Hider + Machined Cone Washer

Lower Receiver Group:
Pre-"IC" designation, LWRC 7075-T6 FDE M6 Lower Receiver (fully-ambidextrous)
LWRC FDE Compact Stock
LWRC Ambi QD Sling Mount
LWRC Castle Nut
LWRC 7075-T6 Buffer Tube, CeraKoted H267 ("Magpul FDE")
LWRC H2 Buffer
Tubb Flatwire Buffer Spring
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
Dual Short Lever Noveske STS Ambi
Magpul FDE MIAD Gen 1.0 w/F4 Frontstrap

FDE TacSol/M6IC-A2 AR-22 with MRO Patrol in FDE ADM Full Co-Witness QD Mount+FDE Tango Down Vertical Grip:

FDE TacSol/IC-DI AR-22 with MRO Patrol in FDE ADM Full Co-Witness QD Mount+FDE Tango Down Vertical Grip:

Keith

Last edited:
New Anschutz 1727. 22 LR.

GRS Stock, S&B 5-20 Ultra Short, H2CMR reticle, Kelbly rings, Thunderbeast takedown can. I had choice on the stock, traditional German style made from black Walnut or something I can use at the range instead of plinking at critters.

I am very happy with it so far. At 200 yards I was holding about a 2.5 inch group in light and switchy winds.

The Fortner/straight-pull/Biathlon action is really fast. Open with your trigger finger, close with your thumb.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/LuYrhxO.jpg"}[/IMG2]

photo77536.jpg

New chassis received and installed. I'll miss the AICS, but the MPA is sweet! Especially with the cerakote done.

40XB with a repeater comversion byJelrod. Tomatoes by Mother Nature.

Last edited:
That's a really cool 40xb but especially that awesome paint job!!!

Looks like those Fortner's are catching on too. Good grief Icedragon, was it a lot of work fitting the 1727 into that MDT??? Details please...Looks great. Man I love the Fortner's!

I'd go over to the Anshutz site and check out that 1727 of Hoser's. I have a GRS Bolthorn for the Mausingfield and like their ergos.

Here's' my 1827F nitride.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/86IxCfK.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
I like the look of Hoser's but have too many stocks for the 1727F already. I did fit it to the 1827F wood that I had as well as the nice factory wood and the MDT chassis. The MDT chassis really did not have enough space for the trigger but it works great for a folder. Still need to do some more work so the bolt will clear the hinge for removal. I hacked this together will some very basic tools so anyone with some proper skills/tools could make a nice job of it.

1727F in a 1827F stock - Fortner actions rule!

gnSTFwx.jpg

Reactions: MackDaddy1962
This is a rifle of many colors:
Stock: Manners MCS Sako Quad
ACP: KMW Loggerhead installed by Joe “"The Stock Doc"” Ducos; great job!
Barrel on rifle: Lilja Heavy 22LR Cerakoted Matte Black
Trigger: BixNAndy Sako quad from Bullet Central, good folks
Additional Barrels: Lilja Heavy 17HMR Cerakoted Matte Black. Sako 17 HMR Varmint
Picatinny Rail: Murphy Precision Titanium, 0 MOA, black
Sight: AimPoint T2 Micro, 2 MOA
Bipod: Harris with Larue QD
Bipod Mount: Blackhawk SS
Sling: Tab
Tactical Bolt Handle: Lumley Arms

The components were assembled by Tim “"Moon"” Roberts of Crescent Custom who also bedded the rifle. The stock came from Manners having a minor issue with the inletting. Barrels could not be changed easily. Tim worked with Manners to resolve the issue.

Tim is also building me a custom 223 Rem rifle with as identical ergonomics as possible to this rifle. I may have put the cart before the horse but better to improve your marksmanship with rimfire rather than centerfire ammo. However, can do your due diligence dry fire practice with the CenTac since dry fire with a RimTac is a hassle.

In 2018 will purchase a Swaro Z8i 1x 8 scope with an SR. My game is offhand positional shooting, particularly standing because it is the most challenging. To try my hand at "long range" shooting, will use 17 HMR and prone/bipod at 200 yards.

Attachments

• photo77873.jpg
    photo77873.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Pretty awesome there Icedragon!

My only complaint with my 1827 is not being able to mount a ring on the front of the action like the 1727. Though I haven't had any problems so far, it's not ideal, the rear sight mount isn't made for scope mounting and handling the weight of a scope. Are you in the states? If so, would you be able to recommend someone who could engineer a tougher mounting system? I already called Anschutz America, they were no help at all. The guy I talked to said to buy a 1727 but the extra $4000 is out of the question for now.

Well anyway, I really like the Fortner as a tactical 22. It's fast and accurate, I keep making stupid mistakes at our NRL22, no excuse, but I hope for a win at some point, certainly the rifle is capable of it.

Pretty awesome there Icedragon!

My only complaint with my 1827 is not being able to mount a ring on the front of the action like the 1727. Though I haven't had any problems so far, it's not ideal, the rear sight mount isn't made for scope mounting and handling the weight of a scope. Are you in the states? If so, would you be able to recommend someone who could engineer a tougher mounting system? I already called Anschutz America, they were no help at all. The guy I talked to said to buy a 1727 but the extra $4000 is out of the question for now.

Well anyway, I really like the Fortner as a tactical 22. It's fast and accurate, I keep making stupid mistakes at our NRL22, no excuse, but I hope for a win at some point, certainly the rifle is capable of it.

You have what may be the best system for the 1827F with the use of the AI mount and a wickedly nice scope. I am not sure if you could improve on that without going to a 1727F action. I used the same mount system on my 1827F and it works! I found that I could mount the scope farther up on the action using the 1727F action but as you say- this has a cost!

You have what may be the best system for the 1827F with the use of the AI mount and a wickedly nice scope. I am not sure if you could improve on that without going to a 1727F action. I used the same mount system on my 1827F and it works! I found that I could mount the scope farther up on the action using the 1727F action but as you say- this has a cost!

I think it was you that suggested that AI mount back when I bought the 1827. Thanks.

I think it was you that suggested that AI mount back when I bought the 1827. Thanks.

I remember you getting a few of us hooked on the Fortner actions with pictures of yours! I think I was just quicker on finding a Dovetail AI mount for the 1827F's! Nice to see more options available for the action now! Cheers

Spent some time shooting my 40X Elrod repeater conversion at 200 yards today. Light wind from 6 o'clock. All four of my Elrod 40X conversions are absolute hammers, even the SBR with a 10 inch barrel.

Very happy. Would have been happy with this at 100...

Accuracy International chassis, S&B 5-25 scope, Thunderbeast Ultra 7 308 can, Tubb trigger, Eley Edge, EPS Chamber, Shilen Ratchet barrel.

uDfBu9j.jpg

VUDOO V22 sexy accurate and reliable.

Attachments

• photo78817.jpg
    photo78817.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 139
My two .22LR Annies:

Attachments

• photo79096.jpg
    photo79096.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 94
  • photo79097.jpg
    photo79097.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 92
  • photo79098.jpg
    photo79098.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 89
My Anschutz 2018.

Benchmark 2 groove reverse taper barrel with cone breech, Warner rear sight and RightSight front on BeeSting tuner bloop tube. At the end of the bloop tube is a 22 suppressor just because I like things quiet. Not ISSF legal, but it is removable.

Wicked accurate with both Eley Black and Red. I havent done much lot testing but so far it will clean a 50 meter international target with ease. As soon as I have access to a 100 yard indoor range (2-3 weeks from now) I will begin lot testing at 50 and 100.

FVIDuHn.jpg

8uk4YuI.jpg

RDARMNP.jpg

pfgfNMy.jpg

Reactions: Lud
New member here.

I have a CZ455 that I have had for about 6 months now and did some upgrades. Started as Tacticool bought a Manners Stock, oversize bolt knob, DIP 25MOA rail, Sightron Siii 8-32x56, trimmed the factory trigger spring. It loves Wolf Match Target.

4cc2c290a3bb02d4e6502e307a0ff50e.jpg

25 Yards
e038bde88443307c45a41e765c93e564.jpg

100 Yards
3172e47335222a7be75a79dcc1843e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: nakoa01 and Danilo
40X & XB, converted to repeaters by jelrod, in B&C #2015 stocks, w/Benchmark & Lilja titebore bbls done by me. V22 in Manners Elite T4A, Krieger sendero contour bbl done by me. All three have Jewell HVR triggers, Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 mil scopes, & PTG Stealth DBM. Really enjoy all three, but the new V22 feeds smoother while running the bolt slower.

Attachments

• photo81606.jpg
    photo81606.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 141
Hey all, if you have had friends dragging their feet have them see this! The introductory price on the Grayboe line is 2195 for the first 500...All of our customers have been great and we have reached the 500 limit. That being said after Friday they will be going to the true MSRP of 2395.00, so if you have been waiting hurry up! It is only a 500 deposit until it ships, so you will pay the full price after the new year!!!

Attachments

• photo82718.jpg
    photo82718.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 147
Finally finished my 40XB repeater. Had a hard time deciding what color CeraKote to use, settled on a mix of McM tan & olive. Stock is a Manners T4A w/DBM mini chassis in painted woodland camo. Scope is an Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56. Since moving to the mini chassis, the Lilja bbl has been shooting better than ever - that's 10 shots on steel at 200yds in 3-8 mph wind from 7:30-8:00 with Lapua Center-X.

Attachments

• photo83136.jpg
    photo83136.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 154
  • photo83137.jpg
    photo83137.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: demolitionman
With my lovely bride working on Christmas, I decided to take my 40X Rimfire family to the range for Christmas.

All 4 suppressed, no plugs needed. TBAC Take-Down, Jet Integral, TBAC 6.5 Ultra 7, Shark 308.

Shot 2-3 MOA sized steel out to 220 yards and testing out some new close range (50 yards) targets to be 100% sure my welds were solid before Saturdays Prone and PRS matches.

Still not sure if the Manners stock will stay. Might end up with another AI chassis or maybe a MPA.

1BjYdDC.jpg

Reactions: Danilo
Some I recently finished. Gotta get a pic of the Anschutz 1710 GRS which is just sweet!

Attachments

• photo84309.jpg
    photo84309.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 150
  • photo84310.jpg
    photo84310.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 162
  • photo84310.jpg
    photo84310.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 145
Wanted to share my Mcrees G10 Savage MkII. I plan to shoot it for the first time with the chassis tommorow. Pretty excited. Such a nice bit of machining. Everything lined up perfect although I had to cut the rear action bolt down so it was the same length as the front. I believe the MkII's that use the Tacticool stock came with a longer rear action screw than the ones with poly stocks fwiw. Here's a pic. Will post some groups at 50yards tomorrow hopefully! Next i need to see if these can be threaded for a suppressor without removing the barrel! It's no Annie or CZ but it'll make a fine enough stick for me! Oh that's a SS 3-15 ontop mil mil. I'm as excited to shoot this as I was any of my Centerfires. I really would love to find some Lapua Center X or better ammo than I can get locally.

5p1zis.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i68.tinypic.com\/5wy2qo.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
CZ 455 .22lr

-Boyds Stock
-Pillar und Glass Bedding
-Glades Armory Bolthandle
-DIP Trigger guard
-DIP Picatinny Rail
-Leupold PRW Rings
-DD Optics Nachtfalke 5-30x50
-Harris Bipod

24582643697_fb204da941_c.jpg

39418070082_08a5cd67b2_c.jpg

37581797074_4013ce8a91_c.jpg

37581796204_7bbfb3b403_c.jpg

Reactions: Danilo
My first rifle, a Marlin Model 60 that my dad bought from my uncle. I recently refurbed it a bit by refinishing the action, cleaning up the bolt, reinstalling the Tech Sights, and refinishing the stock. Not a looker but a good rifle none the less.

3.jpg