• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Hammer_Rail_HR1_6.png

Anschutz 64 MPR painted black with a rattle can , 3d printed arca RRS rail ,3d printed safety flag ,Delta Stryker HD scope,Atlas bipod
IMG_20190925_122634.jpg

img_20190925_122741.jpg

@Kisssofdeath it's way better that the original barrel. The original shot great but I installed pillars and bedded it and then harmonics came to play and screwed up everything. It went to crap. My buddy lent me the 455 lilia barrel and it shoot amazing. I dont really like the short barrel but it shoots for now till I decide what I'm going to get.

Classy is right - those falling block single shots are all that & more. I recall going to the Colorado Collector's Assoc.'s annual show at the Merchandise Mart hall at the intersection of I-70 & I-25 in Denver about 20yrs ago, and seeing the most impressive display of Winchester single shot Schuetzen rifles I'll probably ever see. The owner of the collection had recently passed away, and his heirs had agreed to allow a group of friends to display his collection one last time at this show - before they disposed of it. Wish I had photos of it, but no such luck.

Reactions: D_TROS
My wife’s Christmas gift from last year. A Kidd based 10/22 with a Freddersen 16” squirrel getter. Lots of fun at the plinkaton as well. Custom stock was a Boyds that I carved down. Bedded the action, shortened the LOP and formed the hand grip for comfort, added the RMR and off we go.

Attachments

• 2EC17B94-D625-4C40-B800-94AAD3733E17.jpeg
    2EC17B94-D625-4C40-B800-94AAD3733E17.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Cheek Weld
I don't internet Pic. Pimp much. ... But picked-up a nice clean '1961' MK1, in FTF sale yesterday .
Still has it's original factory MK1 grips (no cracks) . little blueing wear in few spots on finish from over the years in a leather holster , but overall very good shape .
61 MK1.jpg

The squirrel slayer.

My accurized American. Cut barrel to 16” and threaded/recrowned.

Slicked the bolt, under 1lb trigger (still has safety lever on trigger so safe to carry) and tuned magazine. Barrel was hand lapped. Wears a PA 4-16 mil/mil FFP On a 20MOA base.

Best 5shot at 25 yards of .116. Plenty good for popping little heads in the trees.

FDD2A886-BE13-451C-B3EE-9DB20CE420C5.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread makes me want a 22 bolt gun for accuracy and plinking. Looked at a CZ457 pro varmint yesterday at fun show. Was impressed on how it looked. If I don’t have my hands full I probably would have bought it.

Reactions: Heffo
Here are mine.

Tikka T1X in an XLR Element chassis and my new to me Keystone Accuracy AR-22 upper with a Bushmaster carbon lower.

Tikka has a spring replaced to tune the factory trigger. It's not bad at all and now is adjusted to ~1.5#. Wish it had a heavier barrel though, and that may come in time. The Tikka matches (pretty closely) my Pierce action 6.5x47 Lapua and my Remy 700 in .308 - though I will likely be rechambering the 6.5 soon to a 6.5 Creedmoor. Tikka shoots well under an inch at 100 yards - when shot at a 100 yard indoor range. Outdoors, I'm still learning to read the wind, but I'm consistently keeping it under 1 MOA at 200+ yards in good winds.

AR-22 has a 4# Timney trigger installed, Compass Lake fore end and Luth-AR buttstock. The AR-22 matches my Armalite AR-10 (308) pretty closely except for the barrel length and adjustable barrel weight. Doubt that I'll be shortening the AR-22 barrel though, she's a shooter and the longer barrel keeps 22 velocities well under control. Still learning the rifle, but its between one ragged hole and 1/2" at 50 yards and 1"-1.125" at 100 yards. I still need to learn trigger control on an AR platform to shoot better.

Both are trainers for their full size counterparts and are configured for 22LR 1/4 scale PRS style shooting. As such, I dry fire with my full size rifles instead of the rimfire rifles.

BTW, if you haven't tried the DST Precision DFAT (IOTA), you should. It's a joy doing dry fire practice indoors at 10-12 feet and where it's warm - 'cause it is snowing outside right now. :)

John

IMG_4026.jpeg
IMG_4116.jpeg

Last edited:
My old man has the same gun. Was always impressed with the wood grain on those old guns. Classic.
He died in 1990, I was 19. He LOVED CCI Stingers and talked about how fast they were. Gun has a gold bead front sight and just feels right, always has.

Mama died last January.

Not sure why any of that would matter to anyone. I just miss them both.

CZ457 VPT 24" bbl. Put a BScar 25 MOA rail on it, then topped with Athlon 6-24x50 Midas TAC in TPS TSR low rings. Trigger on this one has a black finish, only one I've seen that wasn't the same shiny silver finish as my American & MTR. Got it adjusted to just under 1lb - very decent trigger, just like the other 457 triggers I've tried. Hoping to get the shiny aluminum bolt knob CeraKoted today - have turned another one just like it for my American, and it really does make running the 60* lift bolt easier.

When I began cleaning factory preservative oil & crud out of the bbl prior to shooting, I kept getting black patches, so went in with just a few passes with a bronze brush, which resulted in a bunch more black patches. Finally dry-patched & took a look with a Hawkeye borescope - and found an area about 1-1/2" long, 1" from the leade of considerable leading that looked like vaporized lead covering the whole bore as opposed to lead streaks on the lands like you might normally see. I got out a new bore brush and attacked the lead with it - took some time, but got rid of all of it eventually. The bore looked a little rough under that leading, but I've put about 200rds downrange with it since, and haven't seen any more lead fouling. While I'm not exactly blown away with the 50yd accuracy, it does show potential. The chickens in the upper left with the line drawn around them were shot with another rifle on a different day - just too cheap to throw the target away and start with a fresh one...lol

Attachments

• DSC_0233.JPG
    DSC_0233.JPG
    394.7 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_1241.JPG
    DSC_1241.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 154
AR-22 has a 4# Timney trigger installed, Compass Lake fore end and Luth-AR buttstock. The AR-22 matches my Armalite AR-10 (308) pretty closely except for the barrel length and adjustable barrel weight. Doubt that I'll be shortening the AR-22 barrel though, she's a shooter and the longer barrel keeps 22 velocities well under control. Still learning the rifle, but its between one ragged hole and 1/2" at 50 yards and 1"-1.125" at 100 yards. I still need to learn trigger control on an AR platform to shoot better.

Great rifles everyone. It's hard for me not go go through and "Like" everyone's photos. It is also VERY cool to see everyone's thoughts on their ideal rifle - Trainers, Old/Antique, DIY, sniper style, hunting style, etc. All are unique in their own right - and many have highly invested in making their rifle truly theirs.

For those interested in AR styled 22's, I started a thread here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...eliable-out-there.6967728/page-2#post-8127183. Good info/thinking there - even though it is not posted in the Rimfire forum, but instead in the Semi-Auto forum.

Full size AR-22's that are very accurate (for 50 to 200+ yard 22LR shooting) and that is also very reliable (i.e. MATCH reliable - under time constraints, no jams, no excess mag changes, etc.) - at least where I shoot - is a rare bird indeed. There are lots of bolts, 10/22's and even a few cool oddball rifles - but AR-22's I've never seen.

Anyway, two take aways for me: Great rifles everyone!; and very accurate/reliable AR-22's are COOL.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawless
455 and 457. Just painted the 455 today because I was bored of the black.

Been wanting a Vudoo, but just can't seem to justify it with how well these two shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_133036424-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20191208_133036424-800x600.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20191208_133018692-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20191208_133018692-800x600.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20191020_133820661.jpg
    IMG_20191020_133820661.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 183