• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

What kind of accuracy are you getting with the Sig Sauer 200 STR action.
She looks pretty....

Thanks ! @AirGunShawn
My 100m 6x5 Average with Eley Match (all the good, bad and really uglies) is 0.72 MOA my best 5 shot group is 0.244 MOA.

What do you get with your Vudoo ?

Thanks ! @AirGunShawn
My 100m 6x5 Average with Eley Match (all the good, bad and really uglies) is 0.72 MOA my best 5 shot group is 0.244 MOA.

What do you get with your Vudoo ?

Nothing like that yet. I just got her recently and have not even figured out the ammo yet.
I really like the Vudoo thus far.

Hello Tatman,
I like your color choice.... ;-)
If you take a close look at my bi-pod you will see that it is an Atlas knock-off. It has since been replaced with
a real Atlas like yours. I hated to spend the 300.00 on it but it was worth it.
I also swapped the flat bladed Trigger Tech Diamond with a curved blade TT and it feels much better. I wish TT made a trigger blade like a Calvin Elite. They move for/aft. - up/down and rotate.
sweet set up, I actually changed the scope on my MDT V-22 from a Razor to a Kahles, wow what a difference

This really liked federal auto match over eley anything .. It was weird

Attachments

• 20180913_104157.jpg
    20180913_104157.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 177
@Cuzz thanks ! :)
i spent last year working hard on my fundamentals ... my dream is that this year i can get my average close to 6 MOA. (i'm not sure that this is realistic but one can dream and i need something to aim for - oof that was a bad pun :rolleyes:)

Reactions: Shortbus6588
:) oh the joys of typos ! :eek:
im pretty certain that with a little practice and some help from thewind i can get 6 MOA at 100m :rolleyes: its the 0.6 MOA that i dream about !

Reactions: Cuzz
Ruger 10/22 fun build.

Attachments

• Ruger - Kopie.jpg
    Ruger - Kopie.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 67
View attachment 7071926

Lithgow LA101 Crossover 22 LR
20MOA pic rail
Vortex PMR 30mm rings (medium)
Hawke Frontier FFP 3-15x50 MIL EXT

Marauder,
Your Lithgow looks great!! Did you cerakote the entire thing?
I'm looking at one and am hoping to get any information that I can. What is your opinion of her?
Her good and bad points?
Would you buy her again?
What was the cerakote cost? I'm not in love with the factory Titanium color.
Who's rail do you have? Does it have any MOA?

Thanks so much
Shawn

Sorry for not seeing this before Shawn.

I can't say I've thought of selling it. It doesn't get shot often, just like the Quad Range, but there's just a cool factor to both of them, that keeps me from sending them down the road...

Hello Tide,
My Quad Range is at my FFL waiting for pick up. I need some ancillary parts for her. Bolt knob, scope rail with MOA, extended mag release, replacement thread protector. If you zoom up on the one shown you can see my issue with it.
If you have the time, I would appreciate your help.
Shawn Caarroll

Attachments

• DD8D6AC9-04D7-46D0-A103-A0BAB2BA66A9.jpeg
    DD8D6AC9-04D7-46D0-A103-A0BAB2BA66A9.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 85DE2439-4F04-4EDD-9DAA-A0A5D244A3A2.jpeg
    85DE2439-4F04-4EDD-9DAA-A0A5D244A3A2.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 577E04C8-C090-4BB4-9CA7-26336C18D74D.jpeg
    577E04C8-C090-4BB4-9CA7-26336C18D74D.jpeg
    868 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Rolltide
Marauder,
Your Lithgow looks great!! Did you cerakote the entire thing?
I'm looking at one and am hoping to get any information that I can. What is your opinion of her?
Her good and bad points?
Would you buy her again?
What was the cerakote cost? I'm not in love with the factory Titanium color.
Who's rail do you have? Does it have any MOA?

Thanks so much
Shawn

Hi @AirGunShawn ,

I bought the rifle new from the gun shop like that with the brown laminate stock and black cerakote finish.

The scope rail is a 20 MOA one from Ignition Custom Engineering, here in Australia. It is a little tall for my liking and the factory screws aren't long enough to get much bite into the receiver threads.

Good points:

* Fit and finish are excellent
* Good ergonomics & weight - I like the medium-weight tapered barrel and stock
* Great bolt, good lockup, quite smooth, short bolt lift
* I like the safety (quiet, push forward, can cycle bolt with safety on)
* Can use CZ 452 mags (I prefer the flush-fit 5 rounder it came with though)
* Good hunting rifle

Bad points:

* The factory trigger is pretty heavy (people I know have fitted spring kits which make a big difference though)
* Mine doesn't shoot that accurately/consistently (it's less accurate than the cheaper and lighter CZ 452 sporter it replaced). I will shoot a good group with some ammo one day, then terrible the next outing. I have friends who have LA101s that shoot quite well, so maybe I got a dud?
* Lack of aftermarket options for triggers, stocks, etc

So, in summary, I have mixed feelings. Love the look & feel, but am a bit disappointed with the accuracy, and the lack of aftermarket is a bit limiting. I have ordered a Vudoo V-22 and may sell the Lithgow, or may keep it.

Hope this helps.

Hi @AirGunShawn ,

I bought the rifle new from the gun shop like that with the brown laminate stock and black cerakote finish.

The scope rail is a 20 MOA one from Ignition Custom Engineering, here in Australia. It is a little tall for my liking and the factory screws aren't long enough to get much bite into the receiver threads.

Good points:

* Fit and finish are excellent
* Good ergonomics & weight - I like the medium-weight tapered barrel and stock
* Great bolt, good lockup, quite smooth, short bolt lift
* I like the safety (quiet, push forward, can cycle bolt with safety on)
* Can use CZ 452 mags (I prefer the flush-fit 5 rounder it came with though)
* Good hunting rifle

Bad points:

* The factory trigger is pretty heavy (people I know have fitted spring kits which make a big difference though)
* Mine doesn't shoot that accurately/consistently (it's less accurate than the cheaper and lighter CZ 452 sporter it replaced). I will shoot a good group with some ammo one day, then terrible the next outing. I have friends who have LA101s that shoot quite well, so maybe I got a dud?
* Lack of aftermarket options for triggers, stocks, etc

So, in summary, I have mixed feelings. Love the look & feel, but am a bit disappointed with the accuracy, and the lack of aftermarket is a bit limiting. I have ordered a Vudoo V-22 and may sell the Lithgow, or may keep it.

Hope this helps.

Marauder,
Thank you for your input. I have spent about a day looking for aftermarket items and I agree, there are not many to be found. The Lithgow trigger looks like it can be overcome. I generally replace my trigger springs and lap the sears. All of my trigger jobs are under 16 oz. They are also safe. I think the CZ 457 line is a great deal for the money. Those triggers are 10 oz. and it is the sear that I have shown. I end up using 3 micron lapping film to get that finish.
I wish you had better news about the accuracy from the Lithgow. I will continue to research and see if you got a dud.
I have had two Trigger Tech Diamond triggers in my V-22 and the lowest they will go is 8 oz.
It is a nice feeling trigger with the standard blade. I had a flat blade and did not care for my finger only catching the edge. My newest rifle will be the Sako Quad Range. I pick her up on Monday.

Thanks again
Shawn

Attachments

• DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00108.JPG
    DSC00108.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC09800.JPG
    DSC09800.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231
My new CZ 457 with Boyds stock bought 1/27/20. As with all of the 457 mdl triggers, it is easy to get them down to 10/12 oz. with some adjusting, sear lapping and a spring change. I also found an Anarchy Outdoors' extended magazine release this nearly a 1/2" longer than standard. The others that I have used are only 2mm longer.
As with the other 457s that I own, this one got the AREA 419 scope rail and bolt knob. IMO, all of the CZ 457s are a good value and good build quality. That is why I have three of them standing muzzle down next to my V22.

Attachments

• DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00118.JPG
    DSC00118.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00119.JPG
    DSC00119.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00120.JPG
    DSC00120.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00121.JPG
    DSC00121.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231
He died in 1990, I was 19. He LOVED CCI Stingers and talked about how fast they were. Gun has a gold bead front sight and just feels right, always has.

Mama died last January.

Not sure why any of that would matter to anyone. I just miss them both.

I can understand why you miss your folks. I worked every day with Dad here on the farm for over 50yrs. He taught me a lot, and I looked up to him for a lot of reasons. Some of my earliest memories are of being strapped into an old Piper Cub to go flying with Dad; up until my first flight with him in a Ercoupe several years later, I thought every airplane cockpit smelled like that old tube & rag Cub's did...lol So many good memories of all the time we spent together - wouldn't trade the life experience of working beside him for anything in this world. I've got his old Win M61 pump 22 & S&W K17 to remind me of him, along with a '64 Beech 35 V-tail Bonanza & '61 Cessna 150 that we flew together. Time may heal all wounds, but there's no doubt I'll miss him an awful lot for as long as I live.

Reactions: Lawless
My latest find from Jimmy D in AK:
A Sako Quad Range in really great shape. She is currently a .22 lr mdl. with an adjustable butt plate and cheek riser. The current Quad magazine's work in her and that is a blessing.
Soon she will have a new AREA 419 "clamp on" type rail. I had bought a DIP rail for her and I was going to have two problems with it. First and foremost, the set screws were going to dig into my receiver even though the rail comes with flat tip set screws to minimize that outcome. Bob at DIP suggested that I put number eight shot under the set screws to avoid divots and that soft point set screws would come loose. Second, when I go to put my Trijicon 50X on her, the 56mm bell may not clear. I'm also going to be happier with the extra height the 419 rail will provide. So for now she is stuck with my Leupold 6.5 x 20 EFR. Those folks in Finland sure make a nice rifle. Everything about her is of good quality.
I am however looking for some help from you Sako buffs. I would like to get some extra ejector wires and some instructions on how to adjust this trigger. Also I would like to find how to operate a set trigger. I don't know if I have one but after cocking the gun I can push the trigger blade forward with a little push.

Thanks so much
Shawn

Attachments

• DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00149.JPG
    DSC00149.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00150.JPG
    DSC00150.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00158.JPG
    DSC00158.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00157.JPG
    DSC00157.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00156.JPG
    DSC00156.JPG
    498.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Sako Quad Scope Base 100.00.jpg
    Sako Quad Scope Base 100.00.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
New to me as of 02/03/2020. Sako Quad Range. Looking for any information on instruction, parts. In particular the ejector wire spring thing. As added bonus, the current Quad magazines work in this P04R action.

I would like to thank Jimmy D in Ak. for being such a good caretaker and giving me a fair deal on her.

Attachments

• DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: RETE8
Anschutz 1422 54 Sporter Help Needed !!

I'm looking at buying an Annie 1422 but am having difficulty finding any compatible magazines.
This is not the one I'm looking at but it is the same type. I'm looking at one with the DST FCG. If someone has one to sell, that would be welcome as well. The second photo is another type with a different sight set. As usual, condition is everything... ;-)

If I cant find some magazines, I'm going to have to pass on any 1422 so please help me If you can. Also any information on them would be nice.

Thanks so much
Shawn

Attachments

• 101169401_15289_5DDB174EE7C448AE.jpg
    101169401_15289_5DDB174EE7C448AE.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 125
  • anschucc88tz-1422-rf-1-980x477.jpg
    anschucc88tz-1422-rf-1-980x477.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 129
LongShot - I put one of my Howa Mini rifles in that same stock, with the adj cheekpiece & the same laser stippling, only mine's the blue/gray laminate, and I CeraKoted it in sniper gray. It's got a Bartlein bbl in 20 tactical, and is sure fun to shoot! Like yours too - is that mountain camo?

Anschutz 1422 54 Sporter Help Needed !!

I'm looking at buying an Annie 1422 but am having difficulty finding any compatible magazines.
This is not the one I'm looking at but it is the same type. I'm looking at one with the DST FCG. If someone has one to sell, that would be welcome as well. The second photo is another type with a different sight set. As usual, condition is everything... ;-)

If I cant find some magazines, I'm going to have to pass on any 1422 so please help me If you can. Also any information on them would be nice.

Thanks so much
Shawn

Call Champions Choice

LongShot - I put one of my Howa Mini rifles in that same stock, with the adj cheekpiece & the same laser stippling, only mine's the blue/gray laminate, and I CeraKoted it in sniper gray. It's got a Bartlein bbl in 20 tactical, and is sure fun to shoot! Like yours too - is that mountain camo?

Boyd’s calls it forest camouflage.

LongShot,
Is that some kind of non slip tape you have on your gun or is it stippling?

It is stippling. Even though it is machined, they did a really great job with it.

Same stock I used on my 2500XR,
Stiller 2500XR with Shilen 16" barrel and Manners T-4

View attachment 7244404
Same stock I used on my 2500XR, but I'd found the one I used on Manners' inventory list, and it was an overrun/extra that they'd made for the EuroOptic Trainer run of .22 rifles built on these actions. So it had a bottom inlet for the custom DBM that Seekins made for that run of rifles, and since there were no spares of this DBM available, I had to buy a CF version of it, then mill the mag chute down until it would fit the inlet. I liked mine quite a lot - it ran slick & smooth, with no feed or extraction/ejection issues. Finally sold it to finance the repeater conversion of a couple of CMP 40Xs to use V22 mags. Here's a shot of mine with a Krieger sendero contour bbl finished at 24".

Attachments

• DSC_1102.JPG
    DSC_1102.JPG
    576.1 KB · Views: 147
Hey Folks,
I have had some extended mag releases on all three of my CZ 457s but I ran across these Anarchy Outdoors
type the other day. The others are only about .080" longer than the factory release. The AO release is .38"
longer. It sticks out of the stock by a total of .5" I no longer need to dig under the rifle for the mag.
It is now very easy to access the mag. They are 20.00$, I got mine from evil-bay. I'm only posting this for the benefit of the forum members. They also work with the 5 shot mags.
I don't have a chassis for any of my 457s, but it seems like this EMR would be a big benefit.

btw.... I have had such could good luck with my MTR that I bought a Trijicon 5-50x56 for her from B&H camera.
When I'm not shooting my V22, my next gun is this MTR. I lapped off the trigger sear and changed out the spring.
It breaks at 10 oz. KOD has his trigger breaking at 6 oz. and it passes his bump test. With luck he will be back on
SH in about 20 day's.

The factory spring has a wire diameter of .028". The new wire is .014" and came in the kit below.

All my best
Shawn Carroll

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 104
  • TRG1.JPG
    TRG1.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00167.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00169.JPG
    DSC00169.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00168.JPG
    DSC00168.JPG
    339.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00117.JPG
    DSC00117.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Did you mount an Arca rail to an Arca rail?
I mounted the Area 419 rail to the chassis to keep the cerakote finish from getting worn and beat up.. in addition it also gives me another 2" of rail length and being able to mount barricade stops..

Last edited:
Oh..... now that is really pretty !!

Thanks Shawn, I was going for pretty.

The blue laminate looks fantastic.

What was the turnaround time for the pillar bedding?

Did they need the entire rifle or just the stock?

Longshot, I'm happy with the way the stock turned out. I was holding my breath as I've seen some from Boyd's that were blochy and the colors didn't balance. The only issue with the stock was the barrel was slightly off center in the channel. Alex took care of that.

I sent the entire rifle. Turnaround time was about two weeks and Alex was great to deal with. Here's everything he did to the stock

Pillarbed 2 pillars, Devcon bed action, Install devcon pad under chamber, seal inside barrel
channel and trigger housing area. Install new recoil lug in tang, machine top off .020, square
bottom metal to action with Devcon, check for feed and function.

Thanks Shawn, I was going for pretty.

Longshot, I'm happy with the way the stock turned out. I was holding my breath as I've seen some from Boyd's that were blochy and the colors didn't balance. The only issue with the stock was the barrel was slightly off center in the channel. Alex took care of that.

I sent the entire rifle. Turnaround time was about two weeks and Alex was great to deal with. Here's everything he did to the stock

Pillarbed 2 pillars, Devcon bed action, Install devcon pad under chamber, seal inside barrel
channel and trigger housing area. Install new recoil lug in tang, machine top off .020, square
bottom metal to action with Devcon, check for feed and function.

Thanks for the information. Did you get a chance to shoot the rifle before the pillar bedding? If so, how much of an improvement did you see?

Longshot

Actually, I bought the rifle over a year ago and have yet to fire a shot. I couldn't get a good check weld with the factory varmint stock, so I didn't want to waste time and ammo knowing I was going to switch stocks. It took me until now to pull the trigger on the Boyds project.

I was going to do a before and after with the stock, but as soon as I noticed the barrel off center I decided just to send it to Alex, save my ammo, and wait for warmer weather.

Hello Snipper 66,

I have these two Annie's and the lower one never gets shot because I don't like the stock. In fact it didn't even come with a sling swivel. I will be getting a Blue one just like yours for her. I had planned on getting a Boyd for her six months ago but with all of my other guns, she totally slipped my mind.
As you can see I'm partial to Blue. :cool:

Shawn

Attachments

• DSC09765.JPG
    DSC09765.JPG
    399.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 133
Very nice Shawn. All my rifles are black, fde, or walnut so I wanted something different. Can't go wrong with blue, plus it's my mom's favorite color.