• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

I can't leave these 10/22 clones alone:

IMG_9867.jpeg
IMG_9870.jpg
IMG_9871.jpg
IMG_9873.jpeg
IMG_9874.jpeg
IMG_9875.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9876.jpeg
    IMG_9876.jpeg
    604.5 KB · Views: 53
KIDD is wrong.
Probably depends on how each state handles it. In Marylandistan all stripped receivers are treated as "pistol" since they could be put together as a pistol...so background check and waiting period. Barreled action (rifle/carbine barrel installed) is treated as a rifle here when you pick it up from the FFL...get a green light for the background check, pay the FFL and take it home.

Reactions: mrt949
Probably depends on how each state handles it. In Marylandistan all stripped receivers are treated as "pistol" since they could be put together as a pistol...so background check and waiting period. Barreled action (rifle/carbine barrel installed) is treated as a rifle here when you pick it up from the FFL...get a green light for the background check, pay the FFL and take it home.
yet another reason why i hate living here... although i was just told by my FFL that bare bolt action receivers do not require a 77R so we have that going for us.

Reactions: Cowpokey
yet another reason why i hate living here... although i was just told by my FFL that bare bolt action receivers do not require a 77R so we have that going for us.
I'm not from here originally, but chose to stay when I retired from the USAF...this is the only state my wife and daughters have lived in...in the States.

Probably depends on how each state handles it. In Marylandistan all stripped receivers are treated as "pistol" since they could be put together as a pistol...so background check and waiting period. Barreled action (rifle/carbine barrel installed) is treated as a rifle here when you pick it up from the FFL...get a green light for the background check, pay the FFL and take it home
ALL receivers are treated as "pistols" under federal law.

Doctorwho1138, Nice set up but I see where you said your still going to add some weight out front. That appears to be a 1.2" at 24", does that not balance that chassis out or is the weight for other reasons?

I
Doctorwho1138, Nice set up but I see where you said your still going to add some weight out front. That appears to be a 1.2" at 24", does that not balance that chassis out or is the weight for other reasons?
It’s actually 22” :). It balances on the magwell so I just need a little more weight up front. I think it’s because I added the hinge to the chassis which I like. I ordered internal weights from MPA. That should do the trick I hope.

My RimX with my custom krylon job.
RS14, in regards to your set up, do you have any pics without the can or tuner? Also, what is the weight if you have weighed it with/without can or tuner and balance point. Extremely nice set up.

RS14, in regards to your set up, do you have any pics without the can or tuner? Also, what is the weight if you have weighed it with/without can or tuner and balance point. Extremely nice set up.
Thanks for the compliment.

I don’t have any pics without the can and tuner.

I also haven’t weighed it exactly as is. But I would guess around 17lbs. I’ll try and get you accurate number sometime today. As for balance point it’s approx 2-3” in front of the mag well. So it balances near the center of a schmedium GC bag pressed up to the mag well. If that makes sense.

Just weighed it at 16.2lbs And balance point is 2” in front of magwel

Thanks RS14, I'm looking at getting a acc also and was figuring a 20'' or 22". I like the mpa too but I believe mine will sit in the same as yours. Thanks again

Reactions: RS14
Bergera B14R, Accuracy International pre-production prototype AT-X AICS short version. Vudoo 360, Accuracy International pre-production prototype AT-X AICS long version
IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

Accuracy International pre-production prototype AT-X AICS long version, Vudoo 360, undisclosed location in East Tennessee for a little T&E. AI knocked it out of the park:)
IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

Bergera B14R, Accuracy International pre-production prototype AT-X AICS short version. Vudoo 360, Accuracy International pre-production prototype AT-X AICS long version
View attachment 7735669
View attachment 7735670
View attachment 7735671
Accuracy International pre-production prototype AT-X AICS long version, Vudoo 360, undisclosed location in East Tennessee for a little T&E. AI knocked it out of the park:)
View attachment 7735672
View attachment 7735674
View attachment 7735675
View attachment 7735676
View attachment 7735677

Very nice. It looks like they weren't able to modify it to unblock the terminus zeus QC screws :(

Is that a tuner or suppressor? If so, which suppressor?
Neither actually. Unfortunately, I live in a state where suppressors aren't legal. What you see is a Kaw Valley Modular Linier Comp. It's a 5 piece design that screws together so it might be tweaked somewhat for tuning. ( Haven't got there yet.) It does push a bit of sound down range.

Reactions: FuhQ
CZ457, stock trigger
Lilja 1x9 22in Threaded barrel, with EC Tuner
Area 419 50MOA Base, ERTAC MIL Rings, Razor2HD
MDT ACC chassis, midget stock, 3D printed rail adaptor, Harris bipod.

20211111-44157-2.jpg

20211111-44158-2.jpg

20211111-44159-2.jpg

20211111-44160-2.jpg

20211113-44163-2.jpg

50 yards in 10-18mph winds. Didn't tune it yet. Last time had it out with groups 2x as big. Reduced shims for barrel by 0.002 and put the tuner on. Runs like a champ now. Chrono'd it with my Labradar. Looking forward to the match tomorrow.

Have you ever just wanted to go crazy building a 10/22 Challenger clone? That's what I did here. It took months just to accumulate all of the components. I started with the best receiver for the task, the Kidd 10/22 Classic Slip Fit Model, complete with Kidd Bolt Buffer, receiver pins, Kidd V-Block, Kidd Takedown Screw, and Kidd Rear Tang. To it, I added the Kidd 10/22 .22LR bolt in Black with scalloped sides, Kidd Bolt Handle with Viton rubber insert, plus the Kidd Guide Rod & Recoil Spring Kit. For a trigger I selected the Kidd Single Stage Trigger in silver with contrasting black trigger and extended target magazine release. The trigger breaks at an amazingly crisp 2.5 pounds. Beyer Barrels spun up a 10" fluted aluminum barrel with rifled steel sleeve and their linear muzzle brake out front. I dropped this all in the Kidd Tactical Chassis with VZ pistol grip machined from G10 and an SB Tactical Brace.

IMG_9882.jpeg
IMG_9883.jpeg
IMG_9884.jpeg
IMG_9885.jpg
IMG_9888.jpg
IMG_9889.jpeg
IMG_9891.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Have you ever just wanted to go crazy building a 10/22 Challenger clone? That's what I did here. It took months just to accumulate all of the components. I started with the best receiver for the task, the Kidd 10/22 Classic Slip Fit Model, complete with Kidd Bolt Buffer, receiver pins, Kidd V-Block, Kidd Takedown Screw, and Kidd Rear Tang. To it, I added the Kidd 10/22 .22LR bolt in Black with scalloped sides, Kidd Bolt Handle with Viton rubber insert, plus the Kidd Guide Rod & Recoil Spring Kit. For a trigger I selected the Kidd Single Stage Trigger in silver with contrasting black trigger and extended target magazine release. The trigger breaks at an amazingly crisp 2.5 pounds. Beyer Barrels spun up a 10" fluted aluminum barrel with rifled steel sleeve and their linear muzzle brake out front. I dropped this all in the Kidd Tactical Chassis with VZ pistol grip machined from G10 and an SB Tactical Brace.
What does it weight, without a mag? What optic are you going to run?

I had a Mod 60 back in the 70`s, some low life decided to steal it. Very accurate .22 with what ammo was available at that time.

The ACC is designed so you can cut down. I have two cut back 3.5 inches for 16” & 18” barrels 👍🏼
Wait wut?
Pics of cut ACC?
Curious on this as my Bergara B14R was transplanted to a new chassis because of this. Stock barrel is 1.5" shy of the forend.

Does it work now?
Yessiir! Looks good. So I went down and looked at one of my ACC chassis, and I guess I never noticed that you could pretty easily do that. Run it through the band saw, drill/countersink the holes and re-install that cap that closes the front.
Never heard of anyone doing this, but I'm likely on the struggle bus for fresh information :)
Appreciate you sharing it.

Reactions: littlepod
Nice to see more PDC chassis on here. Pretty decent prices for a chassis
Yep. I agree. Craig can be a little tough to reach at times, but he's basically a one man operation, so persistence is key sometimes. I think he makes a great product for the price and he's very generous in supporting shooters with products on prize tables.

First post here and first pics of my recently built rifle for NRL22…

- Vudoo V-22 - 18” Kukri profile barrel with Hellfire Match comp
- MPA BA Comp chassis
- Nightforce 7-35x56mm ATACR
- TBAC Bipod
- MPA Siderails + GreyOps Weight kit

Finally got a chance to start breaking it in this week, and I’ll be damned if I wasn’t grinning from ear-to-ear after I dialed it up and shot the first couple of strings at 100 yds (50yd zero) - if it can produce groups like this right out of the gate, I can hardly wait to see how well this thing can shoot once it’s broken in.

66FA5653-DBF3-4B55-B134-1305A775D642.jpeg
8F76B40B-83C6-49C4-984F-DEC899D10B14.jpeg

View attachment 7754614

I decided to do some good old fashioned plinking today with my Marlin Model 60 and Ruger Mk II Target. It was nice to shoot for fun and not worry too much about groups or any of that, just shooting some steel plates and shotgun shells.
Still have my Model 60 from when I was a teen back in the late 70's . The gun is worn out and inoperable .
I keep anyway !

Reactions: nikonNUT