• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Squirrel Hunting Journal

You have motivated me... I'm going to take my childhood 22lr to the range this weekend and see if I can still use iron sights. Will let you know how it goes!
DW

Reactions: RTH1800
Love to see a photo.
Here is the old Win model 69A repeater equipped with a vintage late model Unertl 4x. It is a deadly squack sniper when loaded with the Eley HP hunting ammo.

Attachments

• Win 69A 4x Unertl.jpeg
    Win 69A 4x Unertl.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: RTH1800
This thread has motivated me to take out my first gun, a Winchester 94/22 my Dad bought for me in 1983.
Although I haven't shot it in about 10 years, it used to get taken out in the woods all the time, and killed alot of squirrels!!

Winchester 22 25 yards.jpg

No squirrel season in WI until fall so I had to shoot paper. 25 yard performance proves my eyes prefer a scope these days.
DW

Sooo has anyone kilt a squeaker yet?

Season doesn't open until the first Saturday of September here. We've got one getting in the sunroom for birdseed, might have to "open" the season early...
Sounds like the very definition of “nuisance” to me! Bust that squeaker! A little motivation for you from earlier this evening!
49C6EF89-453B-4D78-A8FF-CA32FF70EEF4.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: STex and Cowpokey
GUMP1.jpg

...there's squirrel gumbo, squirrel po' boys, squirrel fricassee, squirrel stew, squirrel sammich, squirrel kebab....
You really never know about any of those recipes unless you try each one 50 times on the same stove. They can seem perfect the first 20 or 30 times but you later find they are just wallet recipes. :):):)

Love to see a photo.
It only took me what 10 months to reply? Here is the pic of the little Winchester 69A. I recently acquired a nice little Winchester 52 sporter and swiped the 4x Unertl scope to put it on that nice old rifle. They are similar is size but the 52 is a bit heavier. It is the last run of 52's the ones that were made by Miroku. They are not quite as tight in the action as the real 52's but the rest of the fit, finish and performance is just like what I would expect. Now am search for another vintage fixed power optic for the little 69

Attachments

• Win 69A 4x Unertl.jpeg
    Win 69A 4x Unertl.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32