• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rimfire Tuner / Harrell

Hey @Jadams, I'll give you some numbers to chew on.

Here's the rifle:
XiUFJN5h.jpg

Here's how it shoots:

The barrel is exactly 26" long, and the end of the harrell tuner to the muzzle is 3.553"

I use my own method, which is loosely modeled on the hopewell method. I'm curious how close you find it to the purdy.

Are you using a Harrel's tuner? If so what number are you on?
Thanks!

Glad to see Orkan pull this up so i don't have to dig for it. I have the same setup, yet to get to a range. Just checked my tuner set to his dimensions with 1" extension, looks like 243 or close.

Where doe one get this 1" extension you speak of?

Functionally speaking it is more correct to refer and think of this as a weight rather than as an extension.
There are both types, but other than a bloop tube I don't have a link to a 1" all Aluminum one at hand.

Harrel's has (2) 1" long ones and (1) 1/2" long one. One of the 1" is steel and 7oz and one is aluminum and 3 oz

steel or aluminum?

With the barrel profiles we use, we start with the 7oz., 1 inch long weight.
Todd

Todde is that for a 26" barrel? What profile?

So what would you think I would need for a 26" with a .90 straight profile?

I would start with the 7oz weight and start tuner at 50. I would expect a tune to be found +or - 20 clicks.
Todd

Reactions: Williwaw
Can EC barrel tuners be used for rimfire calibers?
yes they can..Ive had several on barrels of several calibers for a few years. They improved all but one.It shot so good that anything I used hurt it.