• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring brand survey

What rings do you use for match shooting/hunting on 30mm and 34mm scopes?

• Total voters
Haven't used Hawkins, but have owned multiple examples of all the others. All held perfect zero for me with light duty. Would use and recommend them easily.

Reactions: Jknox1030
Had a set of rings come loose during the Spearpoint Shootout.

It was an SWFA mount.

Never again.

Before I got home I had a Spuhr mount on order.

I also put some torque check on the screws so I can easily check if they’ve come loose.

I’ve had that mount installed for over three years. Rail screws and ring screws are all still tight.

Reactions: simonp
I've had good experiences with most of the above. I've also beat the piss out of alot of ADM recon mounts for tactical type guns and used a few on precision guns, although they obstruct the turrets pretty badly.

Reactions: simonp
King Rings Father of Pearl
cause it's worth the extra cost oh scope rings my bad .
cheap ass vortex rings 40.00 and they have not let me down in daily use for the last 3 years . Id pay more but why nothing else is going to hold my scope any more still than what it is now .

MDT elite rings is what I prefer. They don't make them for ZCO so I have a set of Tier One rings on one of them, and an MPA mount on the other (because it came with the scope when i bought it from a guy on here). All others are MDT elite rings. Excellent rings and definitely my favorite. I've used several of the above listed and had mixed success. Never an issue with mdt elites and they have never left any marks either. Very well done rings.

That said, I had to loan a fellow shooter a top cap because he broke one and mdt screwed up the replacement 6 ways from Sunday. He wasn't going to be able to shoot a big match so of course I loaned him one of mine, but the way mdt handled it was not good. All the crap he went through to get that cap ring replaced and the time it took (many months) makes me think twice about mdt now. Maybe covid /supply chain issues is a reasonable excuse here but it was more than that.

It's Seekins, not Seeking. They all work, I prefer ARC these days.

I've run literally every set of rings/mounts you could possibly think of, regardless of price. From Spuhr, Scalarworks,Geissele, Reptilia, NF, Alamo, Zero, DNZ, Talley, Ken Farrell, Warner, etc, etc etc.

In my mind most of the high end mounts are the very definition of diminishing returns and things get pretty close among the top 5.

With that being said if I had to pick one above all, it would be ARC. It's just so damn good, especially during the mounting process. Nothing is as simple and less fussy.

Last edited:
I like my spurh mounts. But they do crack

NF have been solid. As well as Badger and MK4 steels

APA for me.

Have switched ALL mine to ARC, they are great rings!

Reactions: ping
Since my first high end scope, I've only run Spuhr rings and mounts. I will not run anything else.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Been using Seekins since 2005 and never let me down. They held a lot of high end scopes. A lot of good quality rings out there now. I have used Badger Ordnance, NF, Spuhr, Warne and others I am forgetting over the past 30 years but as long as you buy quality you should be fine.

Reactions: Idaho-5R
I think the Seekins Vortex rings are excellent values. I think the ARC rings are technically the best and most innovative and also an excellent value. Spurh mounts are if excellent quality and very good design, but at the price, not such a good value and their clamping plates have cracking issues.

Reactions: Idaho-5R
They’re literally all perfect (remember lapping rings?), and will hold your scope on your rifle without moving for your entire life. I see maybe the unimounts on a high recoil rifle, but they really aren’t necessary. It’s, by far, the most over-engineered part of our sport. it’s pass/fail, and almost any good ones pass.

Badger or Warne.
Badger for rifles that will get abused. Bog scopes and hard work.
Warne for lighter use rifles, but they are on my FN SPR holding a XRS scope. The horizontal split ones ONLY.
I am contemplating getting a MPA mount.

Badger Steel Rings or Spuhr Mount. I have spent more money trying to save money by going cheap.

T

If I'm using rings, I prefer ARC, Hawkins, or Seekins
For mounts - ARC M Brace
If weight is a concern - Nightforce Ultralite

SPUHR or Hawkins in a mount. Badger steel if it’s rings.

I sold a spuhr and got the ARC M-Brace, and love it for PRS. I ended up putting a level on both sides of the mount. It's a beefy MOFO though.

For the price, assuming you have PRS discounts, MPA and Warne are pretty good too. Warne, especially if you want to run a pic rail for RDS.

I hear ARC rings take down the mighty ZCO

@deersniper 😁
If you don’t use the recommended torque specs per ARC the scope risks slipping in the rings - this is coming directly from ARC. I had a ZCO slip in rings because I listened to someone else other then the ring manufacturer which led to the objective bell being pinched under the ring under recoil, damaging the tube. Tighten the ARC rings slowly while frequently checking the parallax function.

They all work the same. Except ARC, they work better.
This is my take as well. Plus if you're talking one-piece mounts, ARC MBRACE is at least as good as Spuhr, with no documented cracking issues, and at a far more attractive price.

Reactions: rothgyr
Even better.

Spuhr, 16 screws of bitching
Seekins, 12 screws of bitching
Hawkins, 8 screws of bitching
ARC, 4 screws to happiness

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
I've used almost everything and still do use almost everything. I have never tried Hawkins rings and I won't touch Spuhr mounts with a ten foot pole. ARC is a solution looking for a problem, but it seems to work fine. Generally, most good quality rings if properly set up with a torque wrench work just fine, so a lot of the times it is just a matter of getting the right height from whichever manufacturer.

Historically, my favourites were Aadmount, but he does not seem to be making them at the moment. I keep an eye out in the PX and pick them up when they go on sale.

Aside from that, I am pretty partial to Burris XTR Signature rings. I make good use of the offset inserts.

ILya

Last edited:
Aero. I have plenty, but the last three-four have been Aero Precision. Mounts not rings. Reasonable number of sizes, heights, crazy light, very very straight and stiff despite very low weight; I run some quite heavy scopes and crash through brush and everything, though admittedly I have no especially heavy calibers.

And a torque wrench. Fix It Sticks always, and writing the torque rating on the mount in small paint pen so I never forget.

I’ve tried a lot.

I sold my Sphurs.

I have ARC M-Brace 1.5 on my Tactical/PRS
Hawkins defiance pinned direct mount on my hunting rifle.
Aero and Warnes MSR 30mm for my LPVO on 223s and 300BLK both fine, the warne is better but heavier.
Burris Signature bushing on my long range 22lr so that I can go to 450yards without holding over on my Midas 6-24.
ADM Scout QD on my beater GSG 22lr with a 1.5-6.

I also have ran MDT elites 34mm but didn’t like them and went with the ARC M-Brace to replace them. They’re for sale.

Can’t say I ever had a bad ring experience in the last 15 years except with Vortex PST Gen 1 and LHT HD scopes and Larue vertical split rings which always were garbage.

Have friends who are running the Burris bushing rings on 300PRC and seems like no issues with slipping.

I've used almost everything and still do use almost everything. I have never tried Hawkins rings and I won't touch Spuhr mounts with a ten foot pole. ARC is a solution for a problem, but it seems to work fine. Generally, most good quality rings if properly set up with a torque wrench work just fine, so a lot of the times it is just a matter of getting the right height from whichever manufacturer.

Historically, my favourites were Aadmount, but he does not seem to be making them at the moment. I keep an eye out in the PX and pick them up when they go on sale.

Aside from that, I am pretty partial to Burris XTR Signature rings. I make good use of the offset inserts.

ILya
What do you have against the Spuhr mounts?

What do you have against the Spuhr mounts?
giphy-downsized-large.gif