• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Ring Height for ATACR 4-16x50 F1?

richardca99

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2008
Does anyone have experience mounting an ATACR 4-16x50 F1 on a pic rail with low or medium rings? The rifle is a GAP with a Defiance CRF short action, pic rail, and a #3 Bartlein contour. Unfortunately, I'm on deployment and can't access the rifle to take measurements.

What's the likelihood I could get away with low rings like the Seekins or Warne Mountain Tech? Or, is it a given that I'll need to go medium? My pic rail (whatever GAP puts on their rifles) does protrude past the action/barrel interface just a bit. Thank you!

I’m running one on an AR with a 1.18” to centerline Era-Tac mount and can still utilize the Tenebraex objective cover. Different application but I’d say the mediums will be no worries.

APA .856" is about as low as you can go before hitting turret housing on the pic rail.

20181215_135234.jpg

Is that photo showing the 0.856 APA on both the 42 and 50mm? If so, I assume that you couldn't even run a lens cover on the 50mm?

APA .856" is about as low as you can go before hitting turret housing on the pic rail.

Is that photo showing the 0.856 APA on both the 42 and 50mm? If so, I assume that you couldn't even run a lens cover on the 50mm?
.856" on both, correct.

Lense cover would clear with TL-3 pic rail and proof sendero lite profile.