• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing RIP Dasiy Dog

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
My hunting buddy has moved on to a better place... Makes me sad. She was a good dog and companion. She was laid to rest in the hills that her and I hunted coyotes for. Just how she would have wanted.

Daisy.jpg

0826120840.jpg

0818120730.jpg

0913120743c.jpg

0812120642b.jpg

0922120806a_zps5dabd59c.jpg

0821120906-1.jpg

IMG959707.jpg

0831121019.jpg

Re: RIP Dasiy Dog

She got loose today and I did not know it. Went looking for her and found her on the side of the highway. She got hit by a car or something. Was dead when I found her. It was 6 degrees today and when I found her she was still warm. Makes me sad. Only If I had realized she was out a few min before I did she might still be here.

So sorry to hear about this happening. Tough to lose a good friend like that. That last picture is one that I'll remember for a long time, can just imagine what she is thinking.... I'm so lucky, out with my bestest friend in the whole world, beautiful scenery to lay here and enjoy viewing. We all need to remember these times, enjoy them with friends human or animal and don't ever take either of them for granted.

Be tough for a while, when you're ready you'll know it'll be time to find another partner. Not a replacement for one you've lost but another companion to love on their own merits. In everyone one of those pictures you can see the love she has for you, just wanting to be with you is her main joy in her life. Glad you made it happen for her and I'm sure she cherished every minute of it also.

Topstrap

So sorry for your loss. I know it's tough to lose a part of the family like that.

My heart aches for you dude. I couldn't imagine loosing my little girl like that. Don't beat yourself up over it though. The what ifs will just chip away at what Topstrap put so well. Like you said she's moved on to diggin' and chippy chasin' paradise. She was a very good lookin' dog, how old?

RIP. Had dogs growing up but, lost our first with my family about 6 years ago (black lab). Like you, the hardest part was telling the kids that she had passed. Damn, I had no idea I'd be so attached to that dog!
Took 3 years before I'd think about getting another one but, finally did (Yellow Lab). Yes, I like my labs...I've had my yellow for a couple of years now...wish I had not waited so long to get her! Hard to explain to a non-dog owner how attached you can get to these animals.

Moral of the story is...don't wait too long to find another family member. The memory of Daisy will be with you forever!

Genuine condolences from me brother.

My dogs are my kids, and field partners as well. So hard to see them go.

RIP.

The picture of her laying with her back to the camera and looking over the range is a great picture! May she rest in peace

I'm real sorry for you, sir. Hang in there...

Sorry to hear it man. Nothing you could do about it, just unfortunate that she had to leave early. I remember when I was at the vet saying goodbye to my golden retriever as he went to surgery only to discover there was no need to wake him. The only good news is time eventually heals all wounds.

So sorry for your loss. I love my bulldogs like family and it would be really hard for me if I lost one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Genuine condolences from me brother.

My dogs are my kids, and field partners as well. So hard to see them go.

RIP.</div></div>

Can't really say it any better than that.

Sorry to hear the sad news about Daisy. She must have been a great dog. I'm sure the puppy won't disappoint either. As far as the names go I suggest Nala (if your kids like Lion King). Otherwise Dixie, Lilly, Lola, Cleo etc... With a great dog you can never go wrong with any name.

Very sorry to hear of your loss brother I know how it feels to lose such a great and loyal part of the family like that. My condolences to you and our Ohana in this time. Beautiful pup you got there though and im sure youll be making memories with her soon.

Beautiful pics and memories youve got of daisy she may be gone but im sure she will never be forgotten.

Aloha!

You have children of the correct age and a pup is the perfict fit. I have had my fair share and feel the pain with the loss.

sorry for your loss. hell, I teared up looking at the photos.

since I don't have children, our dogs are our family.