• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RMR battery life. What the hell!

jMarine

YUUUT!
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Alabama
I’ve had an RMR type 2 for about 2 years and I cannot figure out for the life of me why the fuck this thing destroys batteries!! The first year or so I didn’t really do much with it, it sat in the safe. It probably saw the range 2-3 times during that time and each time I had to replace the battery but never thought twice about it, but I did think it was odd. Fast forward to early this year and finally mounted it as an offset on ar15 that I shoot regularly, which allowed me to truly witness the battery life. I was replacing the battery every 3 weeks nearly. I tried different brands and even different “made in” countries. Nothing. Still the same damn battery life. The only thing that would preserve battery life was turning the damn thing off but I knew this was not wha the rest of the world was doing with their RMR’s. I always keep the unit on auto adjust and when I’m not using the rifle, it’s in a dark ass safe!! So I know the dot was on its dimmest setting and I even confirmed by setting my phone up to record , placing it in the safe to see the RMR, and recording it dim down. Still… even in auto adjust the damn thing would die. Finally I sent it in to Trijicon to get fixed because I knew something was wrong. The replaced some stuff in it (can’t find the repair ticket to write exactly what they did) and sent it back. I put a brand new lithium Energizer 2032 battery in it on 4/14, verified it was on auto adjust… did the whole camera thing just to be sure… and stuck the damn thing in my safe… and the mother fucker is dead now! What the hell am I doing wrong!!?? Is this the life expectancy of an RMR? I think not!! Surely these things last longer than 3 weeks even in full brightness. That’s like 500 hours… 🤬😤

Sounds like something is wrong with it. My two last a very long time, tbh can’t remember when I last changed their batteries . And i use the same batteries as you do.

Yeah I have no clue. And the fact that I sent it off to Trijicon with a detailed description of what was happening and it’s still doing the same thing, puzzles me.

I wish I could help you. I have one on a range toy and one on my carry. For shits and giggles I haven’t changed the battery on my range gun. It’s been three years and still going. And it’s always on. My guess is that you got a lemon. Try trijicon I’m sure they will help you out.

Reactions: jMarine
Any chance its not a real trijicon?

Nevermind, missed the part about sending it into trijicon.

Last edited:
Yeah I have no clue. And the fact that I sent it off to Trijicon with a detailed description of what was happening and it’s still doing the same thing, puzzles me.
One of my Kestrels does the same thing…sucks down battery life for no apparent reason while the other two Kestrels I have last forever on their batteries. Could be some short happening inside the unit, odd that Trijicon couldn’t fix it.

Reactions: jMarine
One of my Kestrels does the same thing…sucks down battery life for no apparent reason while the other two Kestrels I have last forever on their batteries. Could be some short happening inside the unit, odd that Trijicon couldn’t fix it.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Well that was the first battery out of that particular pack but now I have a new battery out of a different pack. We'll see how long this one lasts. I’m really shocked that it happened again even after sending it in.

Lots of the 2032 coin styles among other model #'s are Chinesium, Phillipine Singapore etc. I have noticed a difference personally so I try to buy Japanese if possible, just personal preference. There are qualities among batteries for sure you just never know, a quick search on Amazon shows how many unknowns are in the game. Worth a try to use a different brand........

Lots of the 2032 coin styles among other model #'s are Chinesium, Phillipine Singapore etc. I have noticed a difference personally so I try to buy Japanese if possible, just personal preference. There are qualities among batteries for sure you just never know, a quick search on Amazon shows how many unknowns are in the game. Worth a try to use a different brand........
To add to the Amazon angle, there are a ton of counterfeits for sale there.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I use good quality batteries and always test them before putting them in. I also turn it off when I'm not using it. I change them once a year. No issues. If it's on the brightest setting or auto-mode and left in a bright place, it won't last long. While it may be defective, it also could be something you are doing.

That's messed up. Something is wrong, send that crap back.

I have an RMR on a Glock that has been on full time for over a year....

Reactions: SmolPP
That's messed up. Something is wrong, send that crap back.

I have an RMR on a Glock that has been on full time for over a year....
Yeah that’s what I’m talking about! I know plenty of people who have batteries last a year +… it’s been annoying to say the least

Reactions: Ruff 364
A lot of companies quote the 6000 hr battery life or whatever on some setting where you can’t even see the dot in the sun. I think it’s in the 100’s of hrs when you start using it in more realistic bright settings that’s daylight visibile

I use shield/jpoint and the get year + out of mine, but thats not daily use, auto all the time on, sounds like somethings off, maybe metal making contact with electrics?

Mine last a long ass time. I would just send it back to Trijicon and ask for a replacement, they will probably give you one. Their customer service has always been reasonable to me, though I haven't had to send much stuff back.

I would be curious to know what parts Trijicon replaced when you sent it to them, if you’re able to find repair ticket.

Concur with Conqueror, sounds like a replacement from Trijicon is in order at this point.

Just sell the junk and get a Holosun HS507C-X2... 50,000-100,000 hours of battery life on standby. And shake-to-wake works awesome.

Just sell the junk and get a Holosun HS507C-X2... 50,000-100,000 hours of battery life on standby. And shake-to-wake works awesome.
Fuck Communist China.

I'll pay 100 times as much for American made product before I pay those godless commie fucks pennies on the dollar.

I have options on electro-optics and helping employ actual Americans.

Fuck Communist China.

I'll pay 100 times as much for American made product before I pay those godless commie fucks pennies on the dollar.

They'll probably never be capable of understanding it.

Reactions: silentwoods
They'll probably never be capable of understanding it.
I understand everything... You're the one who seems to have an issue comparing idealist dreamland and reality. In an ideal world, we wouldn't give 1 penny to countries like China. But that is simply not the reality the world has created for itself, thanks to all the reliance on cheap disposable goods, and an increasingly cheap and lazy society.

Also, if you think for 1 second that our own government is not just as, possibly MORE corrupt than communist China or Putin's KGB ran administration, then you're delusional. Same goes to anyone who still thinks Trump is pro-gun. You probably also think that old One-Eyed Dan down in Texas isn't a RINO scumbag, too. Or that Anna Nicole married for love. The COVID vaccines are perfectly safe and don't have any m/RNA altering chemicals in them. And that wearing a mask works. 😂

Reactions: wade2big
I understand everything... You're the one who seems to have an issue comparing idealist dreamland and reality. In an ideal world, we wouldn't give 1 penny to countries like China. But that is simply not the reality the world has created for itself, thanks to all the reliance on cheap disposable goods, and an increasingly cheap and lazy society.

Also, if you think for 1 second that our own government is not just as, possibly MORE corrupt than communist China or Putin's KGB ran administration, then you're delusional. Same goes to anyone who still thinks Trump is pro-gun. You probably also think that old One-Eyed Dan down in Texas isn't a RINO scumbag, too. Or that Anna Nicole married for love. The COVID vaccines are perfectly safe and don't have any m/RNA altering chemicals in them. And that wearing a mask works. 😂
You're just proving him correct.

You really don't get it.

Enjoy you commie Chinese junk, fuck those American companies and workers.

Btw, the last 6 words are the key here dude.

Or continue to be part of the problem, your choice.

Take care

You're just proving him correct.

You really don't get it.

Enjoy you commie Chinese junk, fuck those American companies and workers.

Btw, the last 6 words are the key here dude.

Or continue to be part of the problem, your choice.

Take care
Go look around your house, your car, your computer and phone, and then the mirror and call yourself the hypocrite, at how many China made items are in it. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones… 👍🏼

And yeah, masks DON’T work. Even Fauci’s lying ass admitted that. 😂 And the vaccines are secret long-term random population control…Bill Gates said it himself for decades in interviews and speeches. Go look up his TED Talk called “Innovating To Zero”. 👍🏼

I’m not the problem, those holler than thou hypocrites that preach and scream on top of their soapboxes all day, but then go home and play with the skeletons in their closets (watch their China made TV, use their China made internet modem and computer/phone, drive their import car, use their Chinese made appliances, etc…) are the ones who are the problem. And if you say every single thing you own is 100% American made from American parts, manufactured in America, by Americans…You’re full of shit as a Christmas turkey. Because that hasn’t existed for decades thanks to greedy politicians.

Go look around your house, your car, your computer and phone, and then the mirror and call yourself the hypocrite, at how many China made items are in it. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones… 👍🏼

And yeah, masks DON’T work. Even Fauci’s lying ass admitted that. 😂 And the vaccines are secret long-term random population control…Bill Gates said it himself for decades in interviews and speeches. Go look up his TED Talk called “Innovating To Zero”. 👍🏼

I’m not the problem, those holler than thou hypocrites that preach and scream on top of their soapboxes all day, but then go home and play with the skeletons in their closets (watch their China made TV, use their China made internet modem and computer/phone, drive their import car, use their Chinese made appliances, etc…) are the ones who are the problem. And if you say every single thing you own is 100% American made from American parts, manufactured in America, by Americans…You’re full of shit as a Christmas turkey. Because that hasn’t existed for decades thanks to greedy politicians.
Look bub, this is simple.

Buy what you can made by Americans.

Or be a commie supporting type.

Again, your choice.

Hopefully you lose your job because of other people's decisions too.

Yeah, I typed that big guy, and I mean every fucking word.

Karma is a bitch.

Have a fantastic day, you're obviously too dense to think like an adult.

Look bub, this is simple.

Buy what you can made by Americans.

Or be a commie supporting type.

Again, your choice.

Hopefully you lose your job because of other people's decisions too.

Yeah, I typed that big guy, and I mean every fucking word.

Karma is a bitch.

Have a fantastic day, you're obviously too dense to think like an adult.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Only a real scumbag piece of shit would wish that on someone else. 👍🏼 Tells me and everyone else all I need to know about you. You’re probably also a liberal…That’s definitely something a Biden voter would say and wish on another person. 👍🏼

You're such a hypocrite dude. You even drive a Toyota truck! It's literally in your profile picture! So shove all that "buy American or you're a POS" crap up your ass. Why didn't YOU buy American on your vehicle? Or do you think that because some Toyotas are made in the USA that all the parts are also made here? WRONG! Most of the electronics and plastic parts on it came from... Yep, you guessed it! China! And it's not even "buying American" in the long run...It's a damn Japanese company...Anyone else remember Pearl Harbor? 🤔🤔🤔

And you're right, Karma is a bitch... And wishing things like that on someone else, is what is going to bite you in the ass when she comes back around. I hope you're ready... BOHICA. 👍🏼

Last edited:
You sure told me, yessir.

You're too fucking stupid to even attempt communication with. If I had the patience or if I really cared to spend the time dissecting your ignorant diatribe (I don't) it would be fun twisting the sword a little.

But I'll leave it like this.

Dear God you are truly a stupid human.

The end.

Can you hate the chinks just as much as the lazy American companies that haven’t improved their designs in the last 10 years and are getting beaten by companies that we wouldn’t trust their optics on an airsoft 10 years ago? Because I’m getting tired of supporting American overpriced manufacturers with shit QA.

How can you blame someone from buying a 507/508 or a 510 when they’ve been burned by a POS RMR or MRO aka the shittiest product triji ever released.

That also applies to Aimpoint. Since the T2 was released 7-8 years ago, have they improved on their line or try to lower the cost ? No they’re still selling the Aimpoint Pro as their entry level duty line and it’s a 11 years old product.

• Angry
Reactions: Milf Dots
Can you hate the chinks just as much as the lazy American companies that haven’t improved their designs in the last 10 years and are getting beaten by companies that we wouldn’t trust their optics on an airsoft 10 years ago? Because I’m getting tired of supporting American overpriced manufacturers with shit QA.

How can you blame someone from buying a 507/508 or a 510 when they’ve been burned by a POS RMR or MRO aka the shittiest product triji ever released.

That also applies to Aimpoint. Since the T2 was released 7-8 years ago, have they improved on their line or try to lower the cost ? No they’re still selling the Aimpoint Pro as their entry level duty line and it’s a 11 years old product.

How many RMRs have you broken? How many SROs?

Because I have two of each and the two oldest ones have racked up a combined 38K rounds through them. I'm still waiting for them to fail.

I changed the battery on my oldest RMR at the 3 year point only because I chose to.

I also have one Holosun, a 507C, to see what the hype was about. And that's all it is: hype. The solar panel is a joke since pistols spend the majority of time in relative darkness, either concealed or on some sock drawer. The tiny ass 2 MOA dot is noticeably slower to manage in recoil and transitions. The circle reticle draws your eye to it which is the exact fucking opposite of how you shoot with a reflex sight. The auto brightness feature is as useless as the RMR's is responsive. The buttons are so fucking small I have to use my fingernails. It was cheaper, I'll give it that.

Outside of a few top tier military units nobody collectively puts more rounds through pistol mounted optics than USPSA carry optics competitors. SIG and Trijicon dominate there. Holosun is not even close.

Racist. To the IgList you go.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
You sure told me, yessir.

You're too fucking stupid to even attempt communication with. If I had the patience or if I really cared to spend the time dissecting your ignorant diatribe (I don't) it would be fun twisting the sword a little.

But I'll leave it like this.

Dear God you are truly a stupid human.

The end.
Ok Super-MAGA Yota Fudd. 🤣😂🤣

Gotta agree with you on those CR2032 batteries. My 'keyless car key remote' (or whatever it's called) failed one day out in the desert. Walked to the nearest gas station to pick up a pack of batteries, walked back to the car, found the pack was 100% failures. I ended up having to walk back and test batteries at the gas station before walking back to the car. Took 8 batteries (4 packs of 2) before getting one that worked.

Fuck Communist China.

Trijicon also sells chinesium so they don't even stick by it and you'd still support them.

Reactions: FuhQ