• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Road Rage scenario

David,

That's a hell of a thing to say.

Chip

Last edited:
Chip,

Really? A woman alone in a car who is being chased by a guy who keeps point a gun at her?

What's cavalier about my response?

It ended well this time, but its not safe to bet that way. What would you have done, waited to be fired upon?

Or are you assuming the end result of this encounter, hence showing restraint?

And the scenario was bumper to bumper, him on the outside shoulder, stopped traffic. Not one hand, moving, etc.

If it is "cavalier" why does the law allow for this?

Cops shoot citizens all the time for point guns at them.....

Last edited:
Chip,

Really? A woman alone in a car who is being chased by a guy who keeps point a gun at her?

What's cavalier about my response?

It ended well this time, but its not safe to bet that way. What would you have done, waited to be fired upon?

Or are you assuming the end result of this encounter, hence showing restraint?

And the scenario was bumper to bumper, him on the outside shoulder, stopped traffic. Not one hand, moving, etc.

If it is "cavalier" why does the law allow for this?

Cops shoot citizens all the time for point guns at them.....

David,

It would be better to live through the situation I agree. I do think that a shootout in traffic is a bad decision. I stand by my assertion that it is ill advised to post such blanket statements on a website that is known to be monitored (seriously) . Hence my statement regarding "Cavalier". Blanket statements like that may come back to haunt you.
Chip

If he's next to me and pulls the handgun, I stop/slow down drastically and get mine out. I will stay back, change lanes or get off the highway and have his license plate ready to call police with.

At this point he's ahead of me and now has to make a conscious action with intent to come find me again.

This will be the answer to 'why?' if he decides to seek me out again and finds out that I am a way better shot than he is.

You have to be careful. It's unfortunate but it seems that in many places in the US you have no right to defend yourself. Thankfully I live in Arizona where you still have a legal right to defend yourself. I don't hear too many stories about people flashing guns here. The issue is that in Arizona it's highly likely the person you are trying to intimidate is also armed. There was an incident near my house about a year ago where one angry driver stepped out of his truck with a Glock 30 (I think). I think he was mad because the other car cut him off. The other driver told him to get back into his car. The angry driver refused, and the other driver shot him to death. The shooter was released at the scene.

You have to be careful. It's unfortunate but it seems that in many places in the US you have no right to defend yourself. Thankfully I live in Arizona where you still have a legal right to defend yourself. I don't hear too many stories about people flashing guns here. The issue is that in Arizona it's highly likely the person you are trying to intimidate is also armed. There was an incident near my house about a year ago where one angry driver stepped out of his truck with a Glock 30 (I think). I think he was mad because the other car cut him off. The other driver told him to get back into his car. The angry driver refused, and the other driver shot him to death. The shooter was released at the scene.
Arizona used to have a law to the effect that if you pick a fight with an armed man, and you get shot, it's your fault.

But where in the US do you have "no right to defend yourself"? Self defense is a defense to what would otherwise be a crime. There is no jurisdiction I know of that does not permit this defense. Do you know something I don't, or did you simply make that up?

Typically the people you see tailgating are hyper aggressive males, or incredibly passive-aggressive males.

Chip

I live in Florida where drivers are super aggressive. It happened with me that women cut me off dangerously and than they start to do the break in front of me games where I can't change lanes. Once a lady even jumped out of the car and walked to my window. I just drove away. Women driving are just as aggressive and in general much worst drivers than men.
I used to drive 3,000 / 4,000 miles in city due to my profession at the time and I can testify that women are not calmer or more balanced than men. Not to mention that once a month their judment and mental abilities in the area of peacefulness are very strongly compromised.

Graham: Arizona has many pro-gun laws. I was really referring to the application of laws, and not the laws themselves. To my knowledge, there is no state that has enacted a statute that would prohibit you from defending yourself. In Arizona, the castle doctrine has been extended to your motor vehicle. This means that you can utlize deadly force to prevent someone from forcibly entering or removing you from the vehicle. The most recent case that I am aware of involved an Arizona attorney that shot and killed a man that was allegedly trying to assault him through the open car window. Whether you believe his story or not, charges were never brought against the attorney. The point that I was trying to make is that I don't fear wrongful prosecution in this state if I was ever required to utlize deadly force to defend myself. I can't say the same of other neighboring jurisdictions were the elected officials (district, county or state attorney) are anti-gun. There you are more likely to find yourself in a position where you are defending yourself against criminal charges. I'm not trying to say it's never happened in Arizona. I know of a couple of cases where it has, but it's not very likely.

This would be a scary situation. My first instint would be to lock the truck tires up and get mid point of his vehicle then ram into his side with my pipe bumper. Then get the hell out and call the cops after I plowed him into the first thing I saw. This is all if the road is clear enough. Because when he does that he is not only endagering myself but the people around him so as soon as i can get him immobile the better it is for everyone.

Last edited:
This would be a scary situation. My first instint would be to lock the truck tires up and get mid point of his vehicle then ram into his side with my pipe bumper. Then get the hell out and call the cops after I plowed him into the first thing I saw. This is all if the road is clear enough. Because when he does that he is not only endagering myself but the people around him so as soon as i can get him immobile the better it is for everyone.

Did I miss the part on how you did all that without getting shot?

She should have shown her boobies...problem solved:)

I had a buddy who was a cop. He was trying to break up a bar fight with men and women. It wasn't going that great until one of the women had her top ripped off and boobies exposed. The fight stopped because everyone stared at the boobies. He said it was easy to handcuff everyone after that. Everyone loves the boobies!!

I had a buddy who was a cop. He was trying to break up a bar fight with men and women. It wasn't going that great until one of the women had her top ripped off and boobies exposed. The fight stopped because everyone stared at the boobies. He said it was easy to handcuff everyone after that. Everyone loves the boobies!!

Related:

This is the story of Phyrne an ancient greek courtesan:

The most well-known event in Phryne's life is her trial. Atheneaus writes that she was prosecuted for a capital charge and defended by the orator Hypereides, who was one of her lovers. The speech for the prosecution was written by Anaximenes of Lampsacus according to Diodorus Periegetes. When it seemed as if the verdict would be unfavourable, Hypereides removed Phryne's robe and bared her breasts before the judges to arouse their pity. Her beauty instilled the judges with a superstitious fear, who could not bring themselves to condemn "a prophetess and priestess of Aphrodite" to death. They decided to acquit her out of pity. _ From Wikipedia

I don't want to comment on what I would do if someone pulled a gun on me but I will comment on tailgaters. I used to brake check them but I found a better way of getting them. I slow down slowly (no brake) until I am going 30 mph. They either pass me or get the message and back off. Its really fun to watch their expression when they can't pass and have to go slow for a long ways as punishment for tailgating me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4