• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock River Arms "Ultra" NM Triggers

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
I have shot RRA NM triggers in my service rifle since the spring of 2000 when I bought my first RRA NMA2. Three rifles and 4 triggers later. Still have three rifles, RRA replaced my original trigger when I had problems making weight. They said they had a batch with a bad heat treat and placed it. I'm guessing it was the springs but could have been something to do with bearing sufaces. I've built a lower and complete rifle since then and used their triggers. I like them.

So along comes an AR-10 Long Range build. Upgrading an existing PSA lower and planned on using a National Match Trigger. Started thinking about it and decided to try the Varmint Trigger since I don't have to make weight.

Went to their website and found two "new" triggers also. The NM Ultra triggers for $160 in National Match or Varmint. The only difference I can find is they are EDM cut.

Anyone have any insight on the difference in the original.and ultra triggers, and is EDM cut worth another $60?

Their tech support is outstanding. I phoned them a couple times last week on a 9mm conversion. I believe the tech guy will explain the difference.
They also have a bunch of downloads of RRA products on their web site

Reactions: JS8588
Not sure on this, so you can give this the weight it is entitled to. haha.

The RRA NM triggers are Good to Go and well-performing. 20 years ago, they were up there, probably considered the best. We still sell the NM triggers, and they perform well, have no complaints, and are priced right. However, if I were to upgrade from the NM trigger, and I have no experience with any RRA-upgraded NM triggers, I would be more likely than not to look at LaRue or Geissele. Others will have a handful of other well-performing triggers. Just one guys' thought.

Reactions: FWoo45 and simonp
I just bought an RRA Varmint trigger for $75 from Bud’s Gun Shop.

My version is straight varmint — not the national match varmint.

Trigger pull is 2lbs for first stage, then a solid wall. My trigger pull gauge registers 3.5lbs for the total trigger pull.

I don’t know what the EDM cut does or how it could possibly improve this trigger. It is a best value purchase for $75.

-Stan

Last edited:
Reactions: gunsnjeeps
I'll have to check Bud's. That's under RRA's price.

I'd recommend looking at one of these on BattleHawkArmory.com

They come in single and two stage, with flat or curved Trigger shoes. All pictured below have a set pull weight of 3.5 LBS, also coming in cheaper than the LaRue MBT.

Screenshot_20230928_020627_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: LRRPF52
I just bought an RRA Varmint trigger for $75 from Bud’s Gun Shop.

My version is straight varmint — not the national match varmint.

Trigger pull is 2lbs for first stage, then a solid wall. My trigger pull gauge registers 3.5lbs for the total trigger pull.

I don’t know what the EDM cut does or how it could possibly improve this trigger. It is a best value purchase for $75.

-Stan
Looks like the best in stock price under RRA is $93. That might beat RRA after shipping prices.

They haven't answered my email about the differences between the standard and ultra (EDM) yet. I'm not in a hurry either. The upper build is a winter project along with some other projects.

Reactions: stanley_white
Looks like the best in stock price under RRA is $93. That might beat RRA after shipping prices.

They haven't answered my email about the differences between the standard and ultra (EDM) yet. I'm not in a hurry either. The upper build is a winter project along with some other projects.
I checked after I posted and realized that I bought the last one from Bud’s.

-Stan

Never got an answer on the difference between regular and ultra, but I did buy a RRA Varmint trigger. Right to bear is selling them for 93.95 and 5.65 shipping, plus 11.97 off with code GLOCKTOBER. $88.35 shipped to my front door.

Thanks for the input and idea to shop other vendors.

Never got an answer on the difference between regular and ultra, but I did buy a RRA Varmint trigger. Right to bear is selling them for 93.95 and 5.65 shipping, plus 11.97 off with code GLOCKTOBER. $88.35 shipped to my front door.

Thanks for the input and idea to shop other vendors.
Thanks Brother, I just picked one up for $88.28

Reactions: gunsnjeeps