• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rock river LAR-15

Re: rock river LAR-15

Which models are you comparing? Both the LAR and M&P are rather generalized.
My RRA works well *entry tactical hb*, its nice having the match trigger right off the bat as well as the hogue grip and "star" safety. Some guys prefer higher end rifles but it does well for my uses.
Try to specify a bit more you might get some better answers

my M&P has a crappy, heavy trigger pull.
RRA has a very nice, crisp, short trigger pull.

both are removable carry handles, iron sights, plastic hand guard, normal el-cheapo adjustable stocks.

both are "M4" variants, adjustable stocks, flash suppressor, 16" barrell.

the RRA is a tad heavier (beefier barrel, internals?).

the feed ramp on the RRA is chromed and way beefier than my M&P (if that makes sense)

the RRA has the houge grip
my M&P ha the crappy plastic grip

feb 2010, M&P $900 (happy 30th b-day to me!)

Nov 2012, RRA $1150

the reason i ask, over the last few years, a lot of people have talked about how good RRA is.

"if you want a good AR, get a RRA, stag, daniel, etc"

when i did a quick search on RRA, i came up with quiet a few people ragging on the RRA.

so i am kinda confused.

my M&P: http://www.cabelas.com/semiautomatic-smith-wesson-m-p15-semiautomatic-rifles-1.shtml

the RRA: http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=217

i hope this clarifies some things.

I have both the LAR-15 and the LAR-8 and Both are awesome guns. Both guns have run 100% reliable and I let my LAR-15 get really dirty a few times just to see if I could make it have problems and it ran like a champ every time I pulled the trigger.

Its hard to beat a RRA rifle when you compare price/performance. I have an Elite Car. A4 and a LAR-8 elite operator. Both run flawless and shoot great! My buddy has the ATH Carbine and man is that a sweet shooting weapon! My sister works in sales at RRA and I have a friend who works in the quality control dept.

I have a RRA Ar and 2 of their 1911's. Nothing but good experiences with all.

Have the RRA Predator Pursuit with a 20" barrel, with Magpul PRS stock, Badger Tactical Latch and Ambi safety and magazine release ( for my southpaw self).

It really likes the Federal Gold Medal Match 69 grain loads, but shoot the Federal XM193 Ball 55 grain, the Federal XM855 62 grain FMJ-BT Ball just as well. It also does well with Hornady TAP rounds. Haven't gotten to the reloading stage just yet.

It appears to be well made and has a nice trigger for a stock rifle. I talked to a bunch of others before I made my decision and for a nice factory weapon it filled my requirements . . JaxOps

I just recently sold my rra elite operator 2.. great rifle but a tank as far as weight. As soon as I sold it I bought the exact same complete lower. That trigger and sopmod variant stock crush the competition ergonomics wise.

I'll be bolting up a Daniel defense upper here soon. Still deciding on which one.

You would be happy with the rra. People simply rag on them for not being mil-spec.