• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock Solid Chassis in time for XMAS

Re: Rock Solid Chassis in time for XMAS

Lowlights video is good but sinced you ask I still had one out.

20130107_113727.jpg

I'm just thinking out loud here but out of all the popular chassis stocks, who has the better "bed" so to speak.

Good question, I don't think there is a clear winner, I bed all my stocks, IMHO if done correctly it doesn't hurt accuracy, and probably increases it in stocks with bedding blocks, I never shot a round with my RS unbedded, but know shooters who do shoot unbedded RS stocks and there accuracy is good.

I wish you people would stop posting pictures of these stocks. I am gimped up right now and all I can do is mess around on the error net , read books and order stuff. My wife is already about to beat me on conscious . If I get one of these she will definatly kill me.

sorry if i missed it but what mags does it accept?

By popular request black Rock Solid stocks are coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 04z71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry if i missed it but what mags does it accept?
</div></div>

AICS

Does the length of pull adjust easily and what's the maximum length ?

It is a spacer system. You have shims and 2 screws. Not sure on the amount of adjustment.

Hello yall heres a few that will be shipped this week sorry I havent had a chance to get back to all the questions Ill try to answer them just wanted to give yall a peek of this weeks shipping.
DSC02572_zps2a23daec.jpg

I see a black one.

When will the folder be available?

Im still testing the folder but it will be able to be installed on any of the stocks that are out there now when Im done with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockSolidStocks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still testing the folder but it will be able to be installed on any of the stocks that are out there now when Im done with it.</div></div>

Possible future folder retrofit. Super enticing.. Todd how is it going to work with the completely one piece stock?

You cut out 1.300 out of the stock in the rear drill and tap and your good to go.

I really like the look of them. Nice and clean, If I were in the market I would defiantly be looking for something like this most of the chassis systems I have seen of late are over tacticalised.

What grip are you guys using? I'm wondering about the newish Umbrella Corp or BCM grip since they appear to be more vertical than anything else. I would normally default to the Larue apeg, but the grip on the chassis appears to be farther from the trigger than an AR and I probably don't need the beaver tail effect of the APEG and similar? Don't have a chassis in hand yet....

I run a BCM grip on one of my ARs and love it. When I order my RS stock, I'm going to put one on as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bcm on mine.</div></div>

Mod 0 or 1?

I am working for a new company that is developing a chassis system more similar to an AI than to Todd's RS. We chose to ball mill as well versus using the V-Block setup like an AI has. You find out pretty quickly why most people stay away from ball milling. The stock Remington 700 receivers have such terrible tolerances that it is hard to insure a good fit without skim bedding. I just found it ironic that the most difficult part of engineering a chassis for a Remington 700 was trying to overcome the poor quality of the most popular bolt action receiver ever made.
Todd's chassis is very nice and all the guys running it, love it. The chassis I am involved in designing isn't really setup for competition work so I may very well end up running a Rock Solid before the year is out. Nice job on the design guys....

i know you guys mentioned these use the AICS mags, but when i look on their web site,i see a couple different models, specifically the mkII and the AW...which is correct?

Mags for use with the AICS chassis system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the grip on the chassis appears to be farther from the trigger than an AR</div></div>

I just got a McRees chassis and the grip to trigger relationship is similar. Feels a little unnatural to me since I shoot primarily AR pattern rifles and an FNAR (which has a similar grip-to-trigger length).

Same with the other chassis I have seen pictured.

I am surprised that with all of the adjustments built into the various systems, this length is not adjustable; I assume that the manufacturers have arrived at a length that works for the majority of shooters.

Joe

Will the top half of a Badger IMUNS interface on the Rock Solid stock?

The more I look at this stock the more I smile. Simplicity is a beautiful thing.

Since people have already asked for a folder, I'll (humbly?) make more demands:
- Chop everything forward of the front flush cup off
- Angle the forearm up towards the barrel to remove even more meat from the stock
- Perforate whatever won't affect rigidity

That should shave some weight off. Then you will own the tactical <span style="font-style: italic">and</span> hunting markets!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the top half of a Badger IMUNS interface on the Rock Solid stock? </div></div>

Todd offers a 3-sided NVD rail to interface with the forend.

Does anybody know when it's the best time to give Todd a call? I thought I had read on another post that he had a daytime job and I didn't want to bother him. I'm really wanting to get one of these stocks ordered. Any info would be great.

Thanks Rick

Just holler. He's an HVAC guy, so he'll answer if he can in my experience.