• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up RockCastle Shooting Center - April 15-17 Shoot

Re: RockCastle Shooting Center - April 15-17 Shoot

I could bring my chrono but it will require a table to set it up. I have 2 pop tents but not sure on folding table. I will look in storage!

Adam I have a small fold up table (2'x5'approx) that I can bring it along with my chrono that away if you want to bring your chrono then we will have 2 on hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greene</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adam I have a small fold up table (2'x5'approx) that I can bring it along with my chrono that away if you want to bring your chrono then we will have 2 on hand. </div></div>

We can make that work. I need to get mine out. I've used it once and I dont think I can remember how it sets up
crazy.gif

While I cannot give out the details.... There will be a competition on Saturday, you don't have to enter it. It's strictly to test your skills! There will be a prize, it will be a good time!

We are also going to have a drawing and the winner gets to pop ACE with a taser!
wink.gif
just kidding!

9 open slots! Jump in them!

If you have questions PM or email me please.

Re: RCSC April Shoot

Glad I got my name on the list. Thanks Adam.

Im going to try and work up some reloads, possibly 168gr's for my 308 SPS Tactical.

Ive got it set in pretty good a little over 100 yards, but I would like to maybe adjust my -0- out further and see what I can really do because I dont have much room in my area.

Hoping some of you guys can help me become a proficient shooter by the end of Saturday!

Shooters,
At this time the full weekend packages are closed. We can take Saturday only shooters up until the day before the shoot. We have 7 slots left open as one person had to back out due to work.

Thanks to all attending

Note to the shooters:

It looks like mother nature has some light rain coming in for Friday and Saturday. There is a 60% chance on both days. This is a week out forecast and as most know, the weather can and probably will change. Lets hope it blows out of here by the time its go time.

But in case we do see some rain.... I advise you bring some pop tents, tailgating tents, or whatever you might could use to shield yourself from the rain. We will still shoot unless there is lightning, I can't let people stay out there if we have lightning strikes. That is RCSC policy. We will shoot as long as its safe!

Thanks.

Park Mammoth Lodge is located at:
22850 Louisville RD
Park City, KY 42160

From I-65, take exit 48
Head South/East on 255 Mammoth Cave Parkway
When it intersects take 2nd St / Louisville Rd / 31W West
Follow that back under I-65, and you will see Bald Knob Road on the right, take it up to the Lodge.

If you are heading directly to the range,
Same directions, except continue on Louisville Rd / 31W West
You will see Chaumount Rd on the right about 3 miles from I-65
Turn right and follow it for just over 1 mile, you should see signs for the range/shoot at a drive off to the right.

If anyone needs more info or has any questions please post here or contact one of us.

Presentation1.jpg

Just so I am upfront about it. I will not be shooting in the rain for a practice session. I will gladly pay my 25.00 dollars shoot or not but I do not intend to be in the rain. If you need me to pay to get the deal done in case of rain I am sure I will be riding down there anyway as this is about 25 miles from home. Not trying to beat anyone out of money. Just saying.

No need to pay if you don't intend to shoot. Forecast says it Will Rain, So I would expect rain.

I am looking forward to a good Practice in the rain myself.... can't rely on nice weather for a match or any other practical use or LR shooting. I will be Testing the COF on Fri, when it's pose to be Hard rain, not just showers
smile.gif
That Heated pool at the lodge will be a welcome sight at the end of the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just so I am upfront about it. I will not be shooting in the rain for a practice session. I will gladly pay my 25.00 dollars shoot or not but I do not intend to be in the rain. If you need me to pay to get the deal done in case of rain I am sure I will be riding down there anyway as this is about 25 miles from home. Not trying to beat anyone out of money. Just saying. </div></div>

Thats why we dont ask people to pay up front. If you want to shoot, you take a spot and pay when you arrive. If your worried about weather, give up your spot and let someone else have it. Rain wont hurt you! For all we know the weather will blow out early and it will be a nice time. Last time we went it called for 30 degree weather and snow. It ended up being 51 and partly cloudy.

It will probably be fine. Im gonna be there either way. Shoot or no shoot. Rain may hurt me. Shit floats. Is someone bringing a good chrono? I need to shoot through a good chrono. I am shooting a whole new rig whole new load.
T

While I think its great everyone is committed to shooting in a little rain. I dont think an electronic chrono, in the rain, is going to hold up very well. Especially not the one I have. I would be doing test loads and what not today, its gorgeous outside. That is where Im headed.

RockCastle Shooting Center
Itinerary for April 15-17th Shoot

Friday:

11am: RSO’s begin laying out targets (This time is determined by the severe storms passing thru, we are going off the Weather Channel)

1-2pm: Finish up on range setup

2:15pm: RSO’s shoot on the layout, if we approve, open up to shooters that have arrived (full weekend shooters only). We will shoot weather dependent.

7pm: Dinner @ Lodge

9:00 – Social Hour in Barn Room (2nd Floor) – We can address any questions at this time, go over gear, etc.

Saturday

7:30am: All Saturday only shooters should be checking in with front desk, signing waiver, and paying the range fee.

8:30am: Convoy will leave lodge parking lot and head to range.

8:45am: A head count, safety checklist, Shooters take your places. Ace will conduct target ranging practice, if you choose to participate.

9:30am: Range is HOT

11:55am: Range is COLD, break for lunch – RSO’s stay on range to repair and repaint targets.

1pm: Range is HOT

3pm: Range is cold for repainting of targets

3:10pm: Range is HOT

5pm: Range is cold – Last repair

Dinner

8:30pm: Tres Sniper Church

9pm: Barn Room Social Meeting

Sunday

8am – Convoy leaves for range

8:30am – Range is HOT

10:30am – Range is COLD

10:40am: Range is HOT

1pm: Range is COLD, shooters return to lodge.

This concludes our April Shoot!

*Time’s are subject to change due to weather
*RSO’s reserve the right to call the range cold at anytime they see fit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I think its great everyone is committed to shooting in a little rain. I dont think an electronic chrono, in the rain, is going to hold up very well. Especially not the one I have. I would be doing test loads and what not today, its gorgeous outside. That is where Im headed. </div></div>

Some of us have to Work.

I have my prochrono chrony that I will be bringing. Its not a great chrono but does pretty well. I would prefer not to get it out in the open elements but we can try to put together a make shift cover or something to try to keep the rain out as long as it's not coming a flood, so the guys that need data can get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I think its great everyone is committed to shooting in a little rain. I dont think an electronic chrono, in the rain, is going to hold up very well. Especially not the one I have. I would be doing test loads and what not today, its gorgeous outside. That is where Im headed. </div></div>

Some of us have to Work. </div></div>

Alright..... If you want to chrono, bring your equipment. Im not setting mine out in the rain. It takes me a half day to pack up all the stuff for this trip, 2 vehicles and 2 trailers full of stuff. I go thru it twice to make sure we aren't missing anything.

I can't help it that the chrono I have is not wet weather friendly. Feel free to bring your own.

<span style="color: #FF0000">If you are coming to this shoot, please don't forget a pop tent and tarp. The ground will be wet most likely but the last time the whole firing line was covered in tarps and it worked out nicely. I have a 12x12' and 10x10' tents I will set up but they might take a beating with the winds we are supposed to get.
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What time saturday are we going to try and get rolling </div></div>

Scroll up 5 posts.

Thank you Ace,Tresmon,and KYS{I did not get to shake your hand}for putting the time,work,and money in to getting the targets up and doing an outstanding job.This is the first shoot I've been to and am looking for the next one.The wind kicked my ass today.160 rounds went quick,and I was out.Thank you Tres and Ace for spotting for me,and Tres for the valet service to and from the line.I had a blast.Let me know when the next one is and I will do my best to get off work and help you setup.Alan

Had a great time today guys! Thanks for the heads up ACE! You cant have much more fun in the cold rain than we did!

Thanks to everyone that put in work to make this happen, that was alot of targets.

Also, thanks to all the shooters for coming out. Especially the guys next to me for helping me out.

Want to give a big thanks to Adam, Ace and Mrs. Ace, Tres and all the others who made this event possible. As always it was a great time.

Cold, raining, insane wind... Just Miserable conditions. I had a blast !

Was great to see so many new folks that have never shot past 3-500, and not on MOA size targets ! Seeing them make hits out to 1120 in them conditions makes it all worth it.

Thanks to RCSC for letting it happen, and a <span style="font-weight: bold">Huge</span> thanks to everyone for showing up ! Looking at the forecast I feared we would have more not come.

Despite the weather I had a blast with everyone. More people should have come sunday. It was 72 and not a cloud in the sky!

Another big thanks to Adam, Ace, and Tres. I Would have to say 2 for 2 for both events. For those of you who let the weather hold you back you missed a great time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another big thanks to Adam, Ace, and Tres. I Would have to say 2 for 2 for both events. For those of you who let the weather hold you back you
missed a great time. </div></div>

We actually had quite a few no shows.... which was a shame because I had a great time, even in the rain. I learned a LOT about wind calls.

Yeah good times. Thanks for everything! It was great to see everyone again and hang out.

Good stuff,
T

I talked to a few people at the shoot about the Precision Multi Gun match coming up in Cookeville TN, a couple of yall expressed interest. I have a fellow looking for a partner, and registration is filling up fast. Gonna be a hell of a match ! If you want to shoot it send me a PM and I will get yall hooked up.

Start a new thread if a new Rockastle shoot get planned. It will be easier to see.