• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rokform iPhone cases

Re: Rokform iPhone cases

Just looks like its shock resistant. You will still need a screen protector. Doesn't cover any ports. Ordered one to try out.

For anyone that is interested in ordering one and wants to score a discount, use the code LEXANDTERRY at check out to save 10% off their Rokform order.

best (and most expensive) case I have seen so far is the Lifeproof case. Water proof and shock resistant. You verify before you put in your iphone - close case, submerge for 1 hour - check for leaks. If its all good, put in the phone. I really like mine...

Any of yall with lifeproof had problem with plugging in your charger? A buddy just gave me one and looks like with my spare charger at work that it wont seat good.

Lifeproof is the way to go. For the charger one must use a legitimate Apple charger (as opposed to a knock off) and you shouldn't have a problem. If you DO have a problem, Lifeproof actually sells an adapter similar to their headphone adapter.

Mine has been rained on, dropped in mud, and left outside in very dusty conditions and no problem at all.

Lifeproof is the best, but there are some complaints:

1. the external connection slots in the case are sized for only the Apple direct components
a. charger
b. head phones

2. There are adapters like for the headphones, but they get lost

3. When using the head phone adapter from Lifeproof which keeps the device waterproof - it always thinks actual headphones/mic are attached, which causes rings to be put to the headphones. In my opinion only when headphones are actually plugged in should the ringer change.

However, even when these small issues, its a really great product. I wish it were in different colors and cheaper, but I have been very happy with it otherwise.

I get around some of this by using apple peripherals or close copies thereof. I.E. the AT&T charger cable works just fine.

Apple headphones will plug in without an adapter, but of course the package is not waterproof at that point.

I did end up loosing one adapter and bought two more. Now I always keep one in my man purse and one on my nightstand.

Lifeproof has released new colors. I am trying to get an FDE case for those sunny days when you don't want your black cased "Ballistic Computer" overheating and shutting down on the firing line.

I looked at cable and it was an apple cable but an older one that required you to squeeze sides to pull plug out. Checked my newer ones at the house and they were GTG. Ringtones are a little muffled but hey it's waterproof. Call sound quality on both ends were GTG.

Since putting on the life proof case I don't know if I will even give the Rokform v3 a try. Really was intrigued by the mounting system and peripherals.