• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rolling out 2018 Manners new products just in time for shot show

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
New products 2018 – If at Shot, please stop by and take a look Booth#20005

New MCS-DBMTK mini chassis systems

Manners Composite Stocks is proud to introduce the new MCS-DBMTK mini chassis systems. It has the same basic features as our standard MCS-DBM Gen2 mini chassis but is designed to work with all Tikka actions chambered in short calibers. When combined with one of our bulletproof stocks we consider this a true bolt in and go system It comes standard with a precision ground stainless recoil lug and a AI style 5 round magazine. It features a low-profile ambidextrous mag release and an extended mag well. Also we are offering this in a CTR version called the MCS-CTRTk mini chassis, it has all the same features but is designed to use your factory ctr bottom metal and mags. To fit these new mini chassis we are rolling out two new stocks made just for these systems. First - a special high tang version of our MCS-PRS1 stock designated MCS-PRS1TK, Second - a version of the MCS-EH1 stock designated MCS-EH1TK. ( shown below in new prs1tk stock in scorched-earth camo pattern - designed to show 70% carbon fiber then 15-15 of colors )
2018-MCS-PRS2-[Elite-Tac-Scorched-Earth].jpg

2018-Bottom-Metal.jpg

MCS-CS ( compact stock )

Features – This stock was designed with a quickly deployable butt system which makes it the perfect platform for a compact stowable bolt action rifle. Perfect for backpack, truck gun. With one quick push of side button you have a choice of nine rock solid positions, for a LOP 10.25” to 13.5. It is designed for a remington 700 style short or long action with a barrel contour up to a M24. The butt system is constructed of mil spec hard coated aluminum and nitrated tool steel. Overall length of collapsed stock is 24.75” with a forend that is 15.25 from the rear action screw to tip. It also features a high nonadjustable cheek to get your head up for larger objective scope. This stock can also be ordered with a elite shell that brings the overall weight to about 2.75Lbs. ( shown with Rem seven, badger m7, 16" bart 308 barrel and horizon can )
2018-MCS-CS-[Black-Forest].jpg

MCS-T2AGAP

At the request of GA-Precision, we have redesigned our MCS-T2A. The T2A stock has always been very popular in the PRS, with these changes that will only increase. We first removed the small hump on bottom of forend. It is now smooth and flat from the front of the trigger guard to the tip of the forend. By doing this, it also created a very wide flat area in front of the trigger guard perfect for added stability on barricades. Second, a thumb shelf was added to help aid in the control of the rifle balance on barricades. Last, small flares where added at the top end of the forend to allow more clearance for installations of night vision rails. The grip has not changed, it still feels a bit smaller and narrower than the T4A or PRS stocks..
MCS-T2AGAP-Elite-Tac-Swamp-R.jpg

New colors -

First – the pic above of the Tikka rifle is our new elite camo called – Scorched-earth.
Second - Four new below – Elite Competition Metallic Colors – Yes not very traditional, but for the competition guys that like to stand out from a crowd a little more than the average guy. They are offered in a clear gloss or flat, only in 100% carbon fiber. These colors really pop in the sun.
Blk&blu, bloodshot, copperhead and
moola
MCS-Metallic-[BlackNBlue].jpg

MCS-Metallic-[Bloodshot].jpg

MCS-Metallic-[Copperhead].jpg

MCS-Metallic-[Moola].jpg

Thank you guys,

Last edited:
Very slick that you gave thought to making the minichassis around another option to be able to retain the use of the CTR magazines. Nice work!

Watching this. Love the Tikka mini chassis. I’m in when they are available

Can Tom or anyone at Manners chime in regarding the MCS-CS ( compact stock ) and the cheekpiece that Badger Ordnance has on some of their latest M134 models? Is that something that Manners built? Badger? Could such a system with potential for adding spacers be available from Manners?

Reactions: jafo96
I seen a picture somewhere of a Monroe pattern they called it. Is that a new release or a one off thing?

I've been look at manners stocks for my Sako Quad and KRG Bravo for my newish Tikka t3x. It would be nice if I could get two stocks, one for each, so one would be a trainer. What is the price point for these new stocks that fit Tikka actions. Group buy here?

MCS CS stock be available as folder?
Hi, not at this time, all though, the adjustable butt system on the CS stock will be available in a shorter 2" adjustable length that will be available for our full size tactical stocks in about 8 weeks. That could be added to a folder. Thank you

I've been look at manners stocks for my Sako Quad and KRG Bravo for my newish Tikka t3x. It would be nice if I could get two stocks, one for each, so one would be a trainer. What is the price point for these new stocks that fit Tikka actions. Group buy here?
Hi, the price points will be the same as our standard line up. The DBMtk mini will be $360 with mag, the CTR mini will be about $140, it will use your mag and bottom metal. Thank you

Can Tom or anyone at Manners chime in regarding the MCS-CS ( compact stock ) and the cheekpiece that Badger Ordnance has on some of their latest M134 models? Is that something that Manners built? Badger? Could such a system with potential for adding spacers be available from Manners?
Hi cavjock, yes we produce the m134 stock, it is exclusive to badger ordnance and made to there specs for the badger 2013 action only. Our new mcs-CS stock is very similar but the forend is narrower and a little more compact. We wanted to keep the stock very basic with a high non adj cheek, And try to provide a very stowable compact platform. Depending on the demand we will re-look at it and maybe add one down the road. This stock is also offered through GAP as a budget youth builder, that only comes in painted fiberglass std she'll and a adj spacer system that will get you to about 12.25" perfict for that youth build. Thank you

Any chance of doing a Hide deal on these 2018 releases?
Hi, yes like every year in the past, we will offer a group buy on all new 2018 items to all the hide guys here in the next few weeks once we get our web page updated with all the new specs and details. Thank you

I seen a picture somewhere of a Monroe pattern they called it. Is that a new release or a one off thing?
Yes, Monroe is a exclusive color to the guys down at core. They actually have about three patterns that we do for them. I think the one I like like the best is the highland. Thank you

Hey Tom any idea how the new Tikka T1X will fit into your stocks? Mostly curious about the bottom metal. Thought you might have gotten a chance to look it over at Shot Show. Be really awesome if the T1X would fit into one of these new Tikka mini chassis you are rolling out this year! Thanks for your time!

Ben

Yes, Monroe is a exclusive color to the guys down at core. They actually have about three patterns that we do for them. I think the one I like like the best is the highland. Thank you

Darn that's too bad not sure if it would be possible to get one up here in Canada.

In the mean time I'll be using a T4A Elite in Moss, I think. Hard to tell from pics

Just picked up a T3X CTR in 6.5CM and that new MCS-CTRTK mini chassis is calling my name. Looking forward to the group buy!

Any chance you can tell us what that chassis weighs?

Reactions: ram
Hey Tom any idea how the new Tikka T1X will fit into your stocks? Mostly curious about the bottom metal. Thought you might have gotten a chance to look it over at Shot Show. Be really awesome if the T1X would fit into one of these new Tikka mini chassis you are rolling out this year! Thanks for your time!

Ben
Hi ben y, The new t1x looks amazing, I'm actually trying to pullsome strings to get one in my hands before they are released. Everything looks like it's going to be a drop in. I don't think there will be any issues with the action, but I need to verify the bottom metal. Iam hoping that we can just get it to work with the ctr mini chassis. The inlet in the stock will be different and we might have to do a slight mod to the chassis but it looks very promising. I will post up once I get more info. Thank you

Some great new offerings from Manners. I like the T2AGAP, the MCS-CS (available in Tikka Chassis? :D ), and some of the new colors.

Hi ben y, The new t1x looks amazing, I'm actually trying to pullsome strings to get one in my hands before they are released. Everything looks like it's going to be a drop in. I don't think there will be any issues with the action, but I need to verify the bottom metal. Iam hoping that we can just get it to work with the ctr mini chassis. The inlet in the stock will be different and we might have to do a slight mod to the chassis but it looks very promising. I will post up once I get more info. Thank you

That's awesome! I may finally have my rimfire in a MCS-T stock. Or I'm assuming the Tikka 'mini-chassis" works with all stocks like the previous "mini-chassis"? I have a feeling if Tikka does right on the rimfire you'll be selling quite a few stocks for it. Thank you, very much looking forward to updates!

Ben

I just got my prs1 with mpa rail in core saltwater Camo. It is a work of art. My wife is jealous of how I look at it and talk about it. It feels so natural to get behind and I love how adjustable the comb is. Not just up and down but left and right.

I just got my prs1 with mpa rail in core saltwater Camo. It is a work of art. My wife is jealous of how I look at it and talk about it. It feels so natural to get behind and I love how adjustable the comb is. Not just up and down but left and right.

Awesome! Pics please!!!

I’ve got an order in with Core myself. Leaning towards Highland.

Some great new offerings from Manners. I like the T2AGAP, the MCS-CS (available in Tikka Chassis? :D ), and some of the new colors.
Hi Lash, The mcs-cs will work with the dbmtk-mini, but I would need to verify the fit with the CTR mini here in a few weeks. The only other draw back is that the rear tang would need to be built up on the mcs-CS stock for the tikka, it can be done. Thank you

I spoke to manners yesterday while ordering a MCS-CS, and the cheek piece is a badger part. Called badger today and they said the adjustable cheek is only available on a complete M134. Also FYI the badger EFR comes on the M134 but will not fit the manners MCS-CS, which is one reason I’m debating on wether to order the compact or a t4a.

I spoke to manners yesterday while ordering a MCS-CS, and the cheek piece is a badger part. Called badger today and they said the adjustable cheek is only available on a complete M134. Also FYI the badger EFR comes on the M134 but will not fit the manners MCS-CS, which is one reason I’m debating on wether to order the compact or a t4a.

Led, I had the same conversation with Marty over at Badger. I probably should have updated the thread. I tried to order just the cheek piece from them but didn’t get a strong response. Was also told about the adjustable version but nothing definite on when that might appear or if it could be offered or retrofit on a cs from Manners.

I get Chad at LRI to do my smith work and he suggested ordering the mcs-cs as a flat top without the hardware attached to the butt. He could then sort out an adjustable cheek, integrate it all, reassemble and paint. I might give that a shot. Chad has done some amazing stuff for me over the years and he is doing a full build for me now. If he says he can get me an adjustable cheek piece I am betting he can. Probably will look like a factory job when he is done.

Reactions: jafo96
My only other concern on the cs, which may not amount to anything is my rear bag usage. It may have to sit more under the meat of the butt and closer to my dominate hand. That moreso than the cheekpiece is what is holding me up.

But the cs as a whole is pretty cool. My young boys could shoot it as well as me.

Led, if you come up with any other thoughts on the cheekpiece I am all ears.

Led, I had the same conversation with Marty over at Badger. I probably should have updated the thread. I tried to order just the cheek piece from them but didn’t get a strong response. Was also told about the adjustable version but nothing definite on when that might appear or if it could be offered or retrofit on a cs from Manners.

I get Chad at LRI to do my smith work and he suggested ordering the mcs-cs as a flat top without the hardware attached to the butt. He could then sort out an adjustable cheek, integrate it all, reassemble and paint. I might give that a shot. Chad has done some amazing stuff for me over the years and he is doing a full build for me now. If he says he can get me an adjustable cheek piece I am betting he can. Probably will look like a factory job when he is done.

Sounds awesome, I was wanting to use the action from my 700p and do a compact 6.5CM build using the MCS-CS and an 18 inch MTU barrel built by spartan precision however I’m slightly concerned with the forend being too short for and too narrow, this is my first real build so I’m boot as Hell. Do I go T4A or MCS-CS, what’s your take?

I’ve got a t4a on a custom 16inch 300 blackout. Looks like the cr-mod 1 that Chad does. It has the mini chassis. A great stock but it is substantial. With an 18 inch barrel it will still be pretty bulky.

JF Comfort did a 16 inch creedmoor and it sounded pretty great maybe check that out for a shorter barrel.

I don’t think you would have to worry about the cs being to thin. It will be short up front but again that seems to be the point of the stock.

I am going to do a 14.5 308 with a 1-7 bartlein, welded surefire brake for my can. Will have similar dimensions to the M134. Just depends what you want.

I’ve got a t4a on a custom 16inch 300 blackout. Looks like the cr-mod 1 that Chad does. It has the mini chassis. A great stock but it is substantial. With an 18 inch barrel it will still be pretty bulky.

JF Comfort did a 16 inch creedmoor and it sounded pretty great maybe check that out for a shorter barrel.

I don’t think you would have to worry about the cs being to thin. It will be short up front but again that seems to be the point of the stock.

I am going to do a 14.5 308 with a 1-7 bartlein, welded surefire brake for my can. Will have similar dimensions to the M134. Just depends what you want.
I appreciate the reply, I’ve got some serious thinking to do lol

Did I read the price correctly for the MCS-CS is under $200??? That doesn't seem right, but if it is that would be a great stock for my travel rifle.

Is there a photo where it overlays all the stocks on top of each other so that you can visually compare the different stocks.

Decided to play it safe and canceled my CS order and placed a t4a order in midnight elite, now the waiting game lol.

Can you get the MCS-T2AGAP in left hand or is only available at this time as right handed stock?

Love the look of that MCS-PRS1TK and even more so the fact that it accepts the CTR mags. Any idea of the stiffness of the foreend in comparison to the other Manners offerings?

Last edited:
What was the price of CS when you placed your order, but later cancelled it?

HJrobb,

I've got an order in on a CS. $1,044, standard fill, swamp camo, sendero contour channel, mini-chassis gen 2, 4 cups and short atlas rail. That's with the hide discount.

HJrobb,

I've got an order in on a CS. $1,044, standard fill, swamp camo, sendero contour channel, mini-chassis gen 2, 4 cups and short atlas rail. That's with the hide discount.
Thank you for your response. They are already taking orders on the hide discount? I thought they were not taking them for a few weeks until they updated the website.

I am awaiting one of these new PRS1 Tikka mini chassis stocks now from Tom now, can't wait to put my Tikka Varmint 223 down into it, it's a makeover for sure...

I called Manners direct and put in my order. I've ordered from them before so I was able to rattle off what I wanted in the CS. Received confirmation within the hour.

May have to give the modified T2AGAP a chance on the next build. Also, love the new colors
Im also thinking of the new T2AGAP for my next build.I would like to build a Vudoo Gunworks 22 with this stock.