• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ronda Rousey aspires to be Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, but with boobs

Fred_C_Dobbs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2010
UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey: My Plans to Become 'The Female Rock'
10:45 AM PST 07/16/2014 by Stacey Wilson

Ronda Rousey takes a break from a five-hour training routine inside the sweltering Glendale Fighting Club outside Los Angeles. It's June 25, and she's prepping for an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bout against Alexis Davis in Las Vegas (she'll go on to win in 16 seconds). The 27-year-old has a wide grin, sun-bleached hair and a fighting weight of 135 pounds (she's 5 feet 6 and, yes, she's single). An elite mixed-martial artist (MMA) and Olympic medalist in judo, Rousey is in the throes of a career reinvention as she parlays her UFC popularity -- she has 3 million social media followers -- and kick-ass looks into a film career. She appears in August's The Expendables 3, and if things go her way, she'll soon be known as "the female Rock."...

I never thought that being an action movie star was in the cards for me. My agent, Brad Slater, kept telling me, "You're going to be the female Rock." Then I started to believe it could be a reality. I don't half-ass anything. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it to be the best in the world at it. A lot of actresses appear in action movies, but there aren't any female action stars. I love Angelina Jolie, but … it's about believability for me. Milla Jovovich is one of my favorite actresses -- The Fifth Element really opened my eyes, and the Resident Evil franchise was amazing. So definitely a mix of Milla Jovovich and The Rock is what I'm going for. People love chick fights. They love tough, empowered women. And there is a demand. People just don't know it.

Wonder if that means she's going to start referring to herself in the third person?

Good for her, Rhonda is a hard working gal and deserves all that she has worked for. Same goes for the ROCK.

She may be better looking than Rhonda but she isn't the better fighter. Maybe this proves hard work pays off.

She may be better looking than Rhonda but she isn't the better fighter. Maybe this proves hard work pays off.

Depends. Holm is 14 time champ at boxing. She needs to improve her MMA before fighting Rousey.

Ronda has a strength of will that most of us cannot conceive. For example, she cut 11% of her body weight in 24 hours, unplanned, because someone pissed her off. It wasn't theatrics because during that same 24 hours she had to compete against her biggest adversary (tate) in an unspecified competition (turned out to be rock climbing). Imagine if you had to compete against your greatest foe on national tv and you just decided to shave off 20lbs at the same time to prove a point. That's a different kind of will.
TUF 18: Ronda Rousey shed 17 pounds in 24 hours to prove that cutting weight is mental - MMAmania.com

Depends. Holm is 14 time champ at boxing. She needs to improve her MMA before fighting Rousey.

The girl maybe a very good boxer. I don't know. I watched the fight from above. Rhonda would have beaten both of them in under a minute. I'm not saying Rhonda is a better boxer than her.

The depth of R3's new-found striking skills has yet to be plumbed, but it does bear mention that her win at UFC 175 was both the shortest fight and the first KO in the admittedly brief history of women's UFC. Show me a 135-lb man in the UFC who has finished all his fights, and half of them by strikes.

In the UFC 175 thread I linked to a story at Bloody Elbow comparing R3's record over her 9-fight pro career against Justino's nine most recent fights. Rousey has only ever had one fight go past the first round, and never had one go to the judges. Only three of Cyborg's last nine ended in the first round, and one of the nine fights went the distance. And in fights between women who also had fought either R3 or Cyborg, in every case, the woman Cyborg beat also lost to the woman R3 had beaten.

After UCF 175, a couple of different UFC web sites christened her the baddest woman on the planet. Dana really needs to send Justino a box of chocolates, especially if R3 wades through Carano and Holm as expected.

Excellent article on Rousey, the UFC and women's MMA at The New Yorker, especially considering this is not the first place that pops into mind when you think of favorable reporting on MMA.

I agree, that was a damn good article. Thanks for posting it.

Adweek writes that Ronda Rousey will be the covergirl for UFC's next major sponsorship deal.

MMA Payout writes "Payout Perspective:
The overarching news here is that the UFC will have uniforms at some point. The not so breaking news is that Ronda Rousey is star...."