• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Round Count for Weekday League (NE Ohio)

HKpirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
Chardon,Ohio
southingtonhuntclub.com
What would you consider a good round count to shoot for an afternoon league (100-700 yd positional) ?

The primary objective would be to provide a meaningful yet competitive training opportunity for some local folks during the week outside of the open range days that are offered. I would like to try to gauge what everyone thinks a good round count would be for this type of weekly match. Plan would be to run for roughly 8-12 weeks in the summer, my initial thought was between 30-50 rounds and that might even be on the high side. I would also like to allow for the re-shoot of a stage, to use as a learning opportunity, so the goal would be to shoot the COF then move to more of a training and educational mindset.

How many stages can you squeeze in before sunset?

If it's a 90 second stage, that's 12 minutes of stage time for an 8 person squad. Plus shagging brass, swapping shooters, and the pre stage faff of reading the stage and writing dope for the first person. I'd guess it takes a half hour for a squad to cycle through a stage.

Once you figure out how many stages you can run a squad through, that would dictate the round count, IMO.

Depending on range set up, you may be able to run two sets of the same stages to save time. IE, instead of stages 1-6 (with six total in the comp), you have 1-3 on the left half of the line and then 1-3 on the right half line (3 stage comp), but that may be limited by your firing line, props, and target package.