• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA Match vs Geissle S2G

Moose67

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2014
Chandler, OK
Basically I'm looking for a new trigger for my AR

I'm wanting opinions on which is nicer.

I can get the RRA for 99 and the Geissle for 160

Is the Geissle worth the extra $$ the higher end 200+ aren't an option for awhile

Thanks in advance

I have 2 Geissele triggers and I have HAD 1 RRA Varmint with a RRA 2 stage trigger...the RRA was nice but I replaced it with a Geissele. Worth the money in my book.

Basically I'm looking for a new trigger for my AR

I'm wanting opinions on which is nicer.

I can get the RRA for 99 and the Geissle for 160

Is the Geissle worth the extra $$ the higher end 200+ aren't an option for awhile

Thanks in advance

You can't go wrong with either one. I think for 100 bucks the rock River is a hell of a deal. I love mine. But I also love my geiselles. Is it worth the money, hell yes

I know you said $200+ triggers are out but I love the Timney Competition 3# in my AR15 and Geissele SSA-E in my AR10. Wait it out and save the extra cash, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll probably get the Geissele.

If I order from them I here you get a hat and some stickers, which is a mute point, but cool nonetheless lol.

I read about a gentleman saying Mr. Geissele himself said anti-rotation pins will bind their triggers, I don't own any anti rotation pins but it may be an upgrade later, can anyone speak on that?

They come with their own pins and Geissele states to use the pins that come with the trigger, not KNS pins. Also, if you stalk the For Sale section for a week or two there is usually great deals on Geissele triggers. Picked 2 SSA-E up, NIB for $185 and $175 shipped as recently as 2 weeks ago.

They come with their own pins and Geissele states to use the pins that come with the trigger, not KNS pins. Also, if you stalk the For Sale section for a week or two there is usually great deals on Geissele triggers. Picked 2 SSA-E up, NIB for $185 and $175 shipped as recently as 2 weeks ago.

I second this. Geiselle says to use their own pins!!

Shoot an S3G before you buy, I owned one briefly and hated it. It was a rolling break, you couldn't tell when it was about to go off, and it was hard to shoot without bump firing. It got replaced with an SD-E, which is great. I have a RR 2 stage in another rifle, it's no Geissele but it's a good trigger for the money.

I was going to get the RRA until I read several reviews complaining of failure after relatively low round counts. Could be hearsay, but it wasn't just a couple of reviews. I love my SSA-E and just ordered a second one (someone is selling them on eBay for $198 right now).

I have rra 2-stage match and hate it. Bought a ssa-e to replace it. I didn't like the reset or take up of my rra. I didn't shoot it enough for it to fail but I had read they fail with low round count but can not say that from experience.

Another pitch for the Geissele SSA-E trigger. It's well worth the extra $$$ over the S3G. Once I put the first one in I promptly ordered 4 more for my 308 and 556 AR's.

Rock River two-stage triggers do this (I've seen it):

14238101508_4c142d0d39_o.jpg

One other important thing to consider is Customer Service if you have any problems, and Geissele cannot be beat when it comes to Customer Service.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll probably get the Geissele.

If I order from them I here you get a hat and some stickers, which is a mute point, but cool nonetheless lol.

I read about a gentleman saying Mr. Geissele himself said anti-rotation pins will bind their triggers, I don't own any anti rotation pins but it may be an upgrade later, can anyone speak on that?

Not sure which you'll end up with but just be aware that the G2S has a specific hammer pin that uses a small clip to retain it in the lower receiver.

Where can you GA 2stage triggers for $160? Which model is it? I need to pick one up....

Stalk the For Sale section. For another $10-$20 you can grab an SSA-E brand new. Like I said, I was able to grab 2 over the past few weeks on SH.

Stalk the For Sale section. For another $10-$20 you can grab an SSA-E brand new. Like I said, I was able to grab 2 over the past few weeks on SH.

A gentleman PM'd me saying he had 4 or 5 different Geissele for sale, waiting on prices.

What is the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E?

I've done so much research it's all starting to run together. Lol

Here's specifics on both if you want to compare. SSA is 4.5lbs and SSA-E is 3.5lbs finely tuned for precision shooting.
SSA.JPGSSA-E.JPG

I tried to like the RRA 2-Stage, no go. I've installed ~50 Geissle triggers over the last few years in personal and customer guns. I've yet to see any AR trigger come close to the Geissle. Zero failures to date. The only problem you may have is picking the wrong trigger for your application. Even then it's still 10x better than any stock factory trigger.

Last edited:
A gentleman PM'd me saying he had 4 or 5 different Geissele for sale, waiting on prices.

What is the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E?

I've done so much research it's all starting to run together. Lol

IIRC the 2nd stage let of on the SSA is 2 lbs. On the SSA-E it's 1.3 lbs.