• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA Rifles

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
Hello,

Anyone here have experience with the RRA Predator Pursuit upper?

Trying to find a reputable, accurate, in stock 20” precision upper. Might have to just wait on the WOA upper I had planned on buying.

Either way, I‘d like to know what type of accuracy and reliability you have experienced with this upper. Will be mainly fed Mk262ish loads and topped with an SWFA 10x42 until I can grab a PST2 3-15. To be used for predictable hits of 66% IPSC targets out to 560 yards, 620 if I can push it. Eventually I hope to have a SF SOCOM can on it.

Thanks!

I have several and other models. Accuracy has been sub moa for all of them. I reload, but good factory ammo is sub moa. Mine shoot all under 3/4". So I say get one!. That has been my experience and a few buddy's

Reactions: PBWalsh
Both RRA and White Oak use (or used to use) Wilson blanks. I've had RRA and WOA 20" and 24" NM and varmint barrels and they were all good shooters.
If you're wanting to swap forends later on, RRA glues (or used to glue) their forends to the barrel nuts, and barrel nuts to receiver threads. If you're building, WOA turns their fat barrels to 1.000" where RRAs were about 5/1000ths bigger. May be a problem with some barrel nuts.

If I remember correctly, Elfster had a very high opinion of RRA. Look in the reloading stickies.

Thanks y’all, looks like it will come down to who has the upper in stock once I get the money for either.

Not worried about replacing the rail, both uppers are cheaper than I could build as my planned build is around $900. This will be a pin and shoot. At most I’ll throw in a Geissele or Radian charging handle.

I have one and as stated above it will shoot 3/4 MOA with Blackhills 69gr and hand loads. They are gtg

Anyone shoot these, or have any other 1/8 twisted barrels shoot well with the 75/77 class bullets? Looking at the Hornady 75 BTHP and the Sierra 77 SMK/TMK.

Both RRA and White Oak use (or used to use) Wilson blanks. I've had RRA and WOA 20" and 24" NM and varmint barrels and they were all good shooters.
If you're wanting to swap forends later on, RRA glues (or used to glue) their forends to the barrel nuts, and barrel nuts to receiver threads. If you're building, WOA turns their fat barrels to 1.000" where RRAs were about 5/1000ths bigger. May be a problem with some barrel nuts.
Anyone shoot these, or have any other 1/8 twisted barrels shoot well with the 75/77 class bullets? Looking at the Hornady 75 BTHP and the Sierra 77 SMK/TMK.
I run their R3 upper and it is a 1/8. It shoots lights out with 77SMK and 75 HPBT . I worked up two loads. I have been very very impressed

Reactions: PBWalsh
Thanks again, just got the lower put together minus the Triggertech Adaptable trigger I just ordered which should be here next week. Now just need some rings/mount and the upper and I’ll be set.

Oh... and I need to find match ammo... can’t shoot without it!

Hello,

Anyone here have experience with the RRA Predator Pursuit upper?

Trying to find a reputable, accurate, in stock 20” precision upper. Might have to just wait on the WOA upper I had planned on buying.

Either way, I‘d like to know what type of accuracy and reliability you have experienced with this upper. Will be mainly fed Mk262ish loads and topped with an SWFA 10x42 until I can grab a PST2 3-15. To be used for predictable hits of 66% IPSC targets out to 560 yards, 620 if I can push it. Eventually I hope to have a SF SOCOM can on it.

Thanks!
wait for the WOA or go for with CLE, RRA offers a decent product but it dose not compare with WOA or CLE.

while I was looking for Black hills ammo, I came across this ammo by creedmoor sport. I have heard good reviews on it from some cmp guys.

I've got a nearly 10 year old RRA Operator. The laser engraving and handguard were sore points with me. It has been a shooter since I first got it, but I have since swapped out the handguard and gas block and painted it. I put my Leupold MK5 on it on a whim and was holding MOA to 500 yards no problem.

while I was looking for Black hills ammo, I came across this ammo by creedmoor sport. I have heard good reviews on it from some cmp guys.

This is exactly what I am looking at to shoot. I‘d love to support a local(ish) Alabama based business as they are about 45 minutes from me. Plus they seem to keep it in stock.

I've owned a few RRA rifles. No problems with any of them. Recently went from their LAR-15 to an LAR-8 (their 7.62/.308, for those not familiar with the lineup), varmint, 20" barrel. Tack driver, but heavy, no, heavy. Quite pleased with it. They're also pretty good with their parts and accessories - availability, price and delivery.

WOA stated via email they are 8-12 weeks out. I’ll have to see what RRA has once funds are acquired.

The way things are going, this upper might not be bought! Hope I’m wrong.

I owned a Predator Pursuit for a few years (~2012-2017). With factory ammo it was a <1.25” gun. With my handloads I was able to bring it down to a consistent 3/4 to 1 MOA gun. Shot 69gr SMKs very well off the bench, but I mostly shot it with 50gr VMax for coyotes. Only sold it because I went back to a bolt gun for coyote hunting. Here in IL, there’s no need for a semi-auto for coyotes like out west.