• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Had no idea RRS had this until this week, these are money to mount accessories to your rails.

IMG_0510.jpeg

Co Witness is surprisingly close to on even with no aiming. I can put a telephone pole in the fov so you don’t have to hunt for it, it’s comfortable at 20x to transition between them.

IMG_0514.jpeg

I will have a video explainer tomorrow

@Lowlight is that your personal set up? How do you like the LMSS? I've been thinking about the lmss2 for a smaller spotter with a reticle.

@Lowlight is that your personal set up? How do you like the LMSS? I've been thinking about the lmss2 for a smaller spotter with a reticle.
    I had an LMSS. I like it a lot. I sent it in for warranty repair. Sadly they have to replace it and the LMSS 2 is on back order.

I like the LMSS cause of the low mag for night vision and thermal clip-ons. Leupold and Hensoldt are too high mag for my liking.

I still ride the short yellow bus. What is LMSS ?
    Bushnell spotting scope.

I had an LMSS. I like it a lot. I sent it in for warranty repair. Sadly they have to replace it and the LMSS 2 is on back order.

I like the LMSS cause of the low mag for night vision and thermal clip-ons. Leupold and Hensoldt are too high mag for my liking.

I've seen that article and other pics like the top of it. Plenty of guys running RRS and other high end shit using them so I figure they can't be too bad.

We use the LMSS at work and they are very high quality. 8X is awesome for wide FOV to spot multiple targets. At higher power the clarity is still very good.

User has option to install pic rails at 3, 6, 9, 12 o’clock. This allows almost any device to be attached directly to spotting scope. There is an extended pic rail that attaches to the 6 o’clock rail to use a MUNS or similar NV optic.

I have used IR lasers (Atilla, PEQs, Raptar), Glare visible lasers, rangefinders (Leica, Terrapin), mini red dots and PVS30/PVS27 MUNS.

You can use a small ARCA plate or other tripod attachment, but I like to use the 6 o’clock pic rail to attach to RRS or similar ball heads, as the pic rail is very secure, especially when attaching other heavy/expensive items to the LMSS.

If you prefer to save weight and have a small lightweight scope for hunting/etc., you can remove the 3, 9, and 12 o’clock rails. It just depends on your mission or purpose.

You can’t go wrong with this spotting scope. The best variable power range, Horus reticle to spot/communicate with teammates, ability to attach just about anything needed to it, awesome Bushnell warranty!

The only thing I haven’t attached yet is a Kestrel. What mount would y’all recommend for this?

Stay safe!