• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RSA ... (Reloading Supply Anxiety)

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I've been on a months (years) long mission to restock the reloading supplies I need for the five calibers I reload. A couple of months ago, I hit that sweet-spot where I have sufficient cases, powders, primers, and bullets for each of my favorite reference loads to last me through several years of load development, normal practice, matches, and recreational shooting. BUT ... I still have this odd situation where I see alerts or forum posts showing reloading supplies "In-Stock", and I reflexively hit the link, and if it's something I might use "someday" ... my finger hovers over the <ENTER> key with my brain experiencing physical and emotional anxiety about "not" buying something I "don't" need anymore.

Does anybody know of a good "RSA 12-Step Program"?

(Rusty) - "Hi, my name is Rusty, and I compulsively buy reloading supplies I don't need."
    (Group) - "HI RUSTY"

Maybe I'll start one at my local range ...

I've been on a months (years) long mission to restock the reloading supplies I need for the five calibers I reload. A couple of months ago, I hit that sweet-spot where I have sufficient cases, powders, primers, and bullets for each of my favorite reference loads to last me through several years of load development, normal practice, matches, and recreational shooting. BUT ... I still have this odd situation where I see alerts or forum posts showing reloading supplies "In-Stock", and I reflexively hit the link, and if it's something I might use "someday" ... my finger hovers over the <ENTER> key with my brain experiencing physical and emotional anxiety about "not" buying something I "don't" need anymore.

(Rusty) - "Hi, my name is Rusty, and I compulsively buy reloading supplies I don't need."
    (Group) - "HI RUSTY"

I'm in!

(Group) - "HI RUSTY"

Sorry Rusty, no known cure.

I always have the mentality of if it's a good deal and you have the money, might as well buy it if you don't need it right now. At worst, you can always sell it. That's how one ends up with 50k+ primers. lol

Reactions: NH4X and mtang45
    Don't think I'm anyone that someone should talk to a cure about. Just bought a chassis I don't need but maybe use it with the action I bought on Black Friday that I didn't need and now will probably go with the triggers I bought on sale and the next barrel I don't need. Never ending cycle.

Yeah, just based on inflation alone the cost to buy in a few years vs today makes it worthwhile. How many of us look back longingly on 2016 prices of primers/powder and think "I should have bought way more primers". Like Bacarrat mentioned if you have the resources and ability and end up with too much you can be sure that it will sell locally if you end up getting out of that caliber or just run out of storage.

I always have the mentality of if it's a good deal and you have the money, might as well buy it if you don't need it right now. At worst, you can always sell it. That's how one ends up with 50k+ primers. lol
    LOL ... you sound like one of those guys that says to your alcoholic friend ... "Come on buddy, just one drink won't hurt you". :ROFLMAO:

(Group) - "HI RUSTY"

Delete Discord. Solved

Don't think I'm anyone that someone should talk to a cure about. Just bought a chassis I don't need but maybe use it with the action I bought on Black Friday that I didn't need and now will probably go with the triggers I bought on sale and the next barrel I don't need. Never ending cycle.
    You've inspired me ... I'm going shopping for primers I don't need.

LOL ... you sound like one of those guys that says to your alcoholic friend ... "Come on buddy, just one drink won't hurt you". :ROFLMAO:
    Not going to lie, I did somewhat pressure my friends a couple of years back into buying a but load of primers when it was penny hazmat fee at Brownells. But we are having the last laugh when looking at the primer and powder market of today. Did some searching my old emails and found a invoice for Wolf Primers for 89 bucks per 5k way back.

not that any of the prices are great or anything but if your looking for primers especially large rifle primers there are a few for sale here .